• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately, what you are incapable of understanding is that these are two separate issues and neither are exclusive of others. You can be supportive of law enforcement and understand that they risk their lives every day while still thinking that there needs to be more accountability. You said earlier that the examples I posted were irrelevant. This I think goes to the heart of your problem. People, often innocent people, are being killed and you find them to be "irrelevant" to your life so you don't give a damn.
And no, regardless of how irrelevant you find these lives to be, the solution to cops being killed is not to shoot every person that does not obey an order.

That's your solution for cops being killed is not to shoot every person that does not obey an order?! WOW!

You don't even realize how stupid this statement is. The reason why cops are being MURDERED is because the thugs that are murdering them, REFUSE to obey the law and comply with police orders. Also, the vast majority of the the people who are being shot are THUGS with huge rap sheets that not only have REFUSED to obey the law, and they have not only REFUSED to obey police commands when approached by the police, but they tried to reach into their pockets when told not to, tried to get back into their cars, or tried to grab a cop's gun, all of which was justification for being shot by a cop. I will say this one more time... Obey the law and obey ALL police commands when approached by the police. Your weird statement here saying the cops getting shot are their own fault, is the dumbest statement I have ever seen here at the Hoop by anyone, and it shows just what kind of a person you really are.

Something else to ponder Mr. cop hater, the main reason why a lot of cops are so defensive is because they know when approaching those potential thugs, that their life may end, so stick that in your craw!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's your solution for cops being killed is not to shoot every person that does not obey an order?! WOW!

You don't even realize how stupid this statement is. The reason why cops are being MURDERED is because the thugs that are murdering them, REFUSE to obey the law and comply with police orders. Also, the vast majority of the the people who are being shot are THUGS with huge rap sheets that not only have REFUSED to obey the law, and they have not only REFUSED to obey police commands when approached by the police, but they tried to reach into their pockets when told not to, tried to get back into their cars, or tried to grab a cop's gun, all of which was justification for being shot by a cop. I will say this one more time... Obey the law and obey ALL police commands when approached by the police. Your weird statement here saying the cops getting shot are their own fault, is the dumbest statement I have ever seen here at the Hoop by anyone, and it shows just what kind of a person you really are.

Something else to ponder Mr. cop hater, the main reason why a lot of cops are so defensive is because they know when approaching those potential thugs, that their life may end, so stick that in your craw!

Why did the margins change? That usually doesn't happen.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit still :L

I think I can speak for all of us when I say, nobody wants dead cops.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say, nobody thinks anybody should be choked to death for selling cigarettes illegally. Or because the cop doesn't know the difference between his tazer and his gun. Or because the cop decides to take target practice on a man as he's running away and clearly not posing a deadly threat to the officer.

Nobody thinks that a 6 year old boy should be shot and killed because officers decide to unload 18 rounds into dad's car.

There's fingers to be pointed in each direction. But the common denominator is that something needs to change.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't comprehend a word I said did you? If you did you are purposely twisting my words to fit your agenda. Either way it makes you appear as a fool.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You didn't comprehend a word I said did you? If you did you are purposely twisting my words to fit your agenda. Either way it makes you appear as a fool.

No, a fool believes a cop deserves to die because other cops are shooting thugs.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This shit still :L

I think I can speak for all of us when I say, nobody wants dead cops.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say, nobody thinks anybody should be choked to death for selling cigarettes illegally. Or because the cop doesn't know the difference between his tazer and his gun. Or because the cop decides to take target practice on a man as he's running away and clearly not posing a deadly threat to the officer.

Nobody thinks that a 6 year old boy should be shot and killed because officers decide to unload 18 rounds into dad's car.

There's fingers to be pointed in each direction. But the common denominator is that something needs to change.

The man who died because he was choked would still be alive today if he had complied with police orders to begin with. That case is proof that some cops are very dangerous, and not only do they have the advantage, but why give them the chance to kill you or to accidentally kill you? As far as something needing to change, I agree, people need to start obeying the law and complying with police orders. I don't know if it's coincidental or not, but it sure seems like it's worse now with what the police are having to contend with. I wonder since Obama is president, maybe black folks feel emboldened to disrespect the police at their own peril? Obama has said to black folks stand up to injustices. Maybe they feel like the injustices are that they should not have to obey the law? Maybe since there have been more white people killed by police, that they feel above the law also? It's a bit of a mystery to me. The common denominator in all of the police shootings is the attitude that it is okay to resist commands. My advice to all of the people who feel compelled to resist the police is to swallow your pride and live.

I will add that the cop who mistakenly used his firearm instead of his taser, just made a bad mistake, everyone makes mistakes, especially when under duress, and the cop was under duress like most people never have experienced before. As far as the 6 year old boy goes, if I remember correctly, the cops didn't know the thugs had a little boy in their car. They should be charged with murder for shamefully having a little boy in their car while committing a crime, or resisting arrest. The police don't have but a split second to react to a deadly threat. They certainly don't have the time to look into a car to be sure there isn't any children in the damn thing.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man who died because he was choked would still be alive today if he had complied with police orders to begin with. That case is proof that some cops are very dangerous, and not only do they have the advantage, but why give them the chance to kill you or to accidentally kill you? As far as something needing to change, I agree, people need to start obeying the law and complying with police orders. I don't know if it's coincidental or not, but it sure seems like it's worse now with what the police are having to contend with. I wonder since Obama is president, maybe black folks feel emboldened to disrespect the police at their own peril? Obama has said to black folks stand up to injustices. Maybe they feel like the injustices are that they should not have to obey the law? Maybe since there have been more white people killed by police, that they feel above the law also? It's a bit of a mystery to me. The common denominator in all of the police shootings is the attitude that it is okay to resist commands. My advice to all of the people who feel compelled to resist the police is to swallow your pride and live.

I will add that the cop who mistakenly used his firearm instead of his taser, just made a bad mistake, everyone makes mistakes, especially when under duress, and the cop was under duress like most people never have experienced before. As far as the 6 year old boy goes, if I remember correctly, the cops didn't know the thugs had a little boy in their car. They should be charged with murder for shamefully having a little boy in their car while committing a crime, or resisting arrest. The police don't have but a split second to react to a deadly threat. They certainly don't have the time to look into a car to be sure there isn't any children in the damn thing.

giphy.gif

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I just came up with a great Superhero lifesaving idea for a movie!...
Whenever someone is being pulled over by the police, a tiny drone sized Superhero flies up to the person driving and educates them on how to act towards the cop pulling them over! If some thug is about to commit a crime, a Superhero drone flies in to encourage them to obey the law, but not doing so will place them in peril, and on and on and on!

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

giphy.gif

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and here's another one. the cop was afraid to pull her gun for fear of media uproar.

if people want to help, start patroling neighborhoods where crime happens. that will probably help.

‘Ferguson effect’? Savagely beaten cop didn’t draw gun for fear of media uproar, says Chicago police chief

That cop mentioned that she was afraid of a media uproar, but that would have been the least of her worries. The corrupt thug ass kissing justice department would have been on her ass, and there would have been a strong chance she would have been incarcerated for trying to defend her life. She would have put through the wringer, and just like the cop in Ferguson, even if she wasn't convicted of murder, her life and career would have been ruined.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRI delayed his meeting until after bowl season