• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose-Ivey out at least 4 weeks

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will begin preparation for Southern Miss without a few key defensive players.

During his Monday press conference, Nebraska head coach Mike Riley said junior linebacker Michael Rose-Ivey will be out “at least four weeks” with a groin injury sustained against Miami.

The Miami game was the first time Rose-Ivey, Dedrick Young and Josh Banderas had played together this season.

“I’m disappointed in that because I was excited for those guys getting healthy and getting to play together,” Riley said.

Rose-Ivey was suspended for the season opener, and returned for South Alabama. Rose-Ivey has made 14 tackles this season after sitting out all of 2014 because of a knee injury.

With Rose-Ivey out, Nebraska will lean more on backups Luke Gifford and Marcus Newby at the linebacker spot.

“It’s too bad that trio couldn’t stay together and play together a bit, because I feel like that’s a good group,” Riley said.

Also on the defensive side of the ball, defensive tackle Vincent Valentine is “week to week” with a high ankle sprain. Valentine went through warmups against Miami, but didn’t play in the game.

Defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Kevin Maurice stepped up behind Valentine against the Hurricanes, with Williams getting the start.

Linebacker out at least four weeks

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know it's in the Southern Miss thread. It thought make its own thread.

Damn injuries.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let me add this. Since the D that was on the field last week was not very good, may be good to get look at some new blood??

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let me add this. Since the D that was on the field last week was not very good, may be good to get look at some new blood??
Would be...if we had any. Unfortunately we don't really. Marcus Newby is going to start for Rose-Ivey and Gifford will play in the nickel and dime packages.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense did significantly better without Davie in.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The groin/hammie injury epidemic on this team... I'm not one to start some theoretical witch hunt, but I haven't seen a team with this many repeat injuries.

This whole groin thing.. Boyd has to step in and check this shit out.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i agree, we really don't have anyone else to put in. the 2 glaring problems to me are LB depth and DE. at LB it was clear those guys weren't 100%, they just looked slow, some was Miami's speed.

then at DE, we just don't get any pressure and we are playing the best guys available, if there was someone else, they'd be out there.

i think we have loads of talent at DB, they just can't be asked to cover forever.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Cretin