• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't hear Michael Rose Ivey's press conference speech, here it is:

Video: Michael Rose-Ivey says 'I cannot hide from responsibilities to be a voice' on issues

Excellent, succinct, articulate and impassioned. Will not be surprised if this gets big national play.

I support him 100% to express his opinion. An opinion which comes from a place of experience that most of us couldn't imagine. The only thing I can do is try to relate and try to understand just how it might feel to walk a mile in his shoes.

It's his right. It's a good cause. It's a positive message.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't hear Michael Rose Ivey's press conference speech, here it is:

Video: Michael Rose-Ivey says 'I cannot hide from responsibilities to be a voice' on issues

Excellent, succinct, articulate and impassioned. Will not be surprised if this gets big national play.

I support him 100% to express his opinion. An opinion which comes from a place of experience that most of us couldn't imagine. The only thing I can do is try to relate and try to understand just how it might feel to walk a mile in his shoes.

It's his right. It's a good cause. It's a positive message.

As long as he's making 10 tackles, 3 TFL and 1.5 sacks per game, I don't care what he does. Just win baby.

I'm kidding of course. It was a good impassioned speech, he sounded rushed a bit and at times I wish he would have slowed down and taken a deep breath, but I'm sure nerves played a part in that. He's a smart kid and it's troubling to hear from him what he and other teammates have endured from people across the country, including some Husker fans.

He's a good follow on Twitter too I might add.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with any of it, the form of protest, not the cause. I am impressed MRI had the balls to take the podium and put out a coherent statement to back it up rather than hiding behind the Clubs veil in the back of a locker room somewhere. I initially though Kap was a real dick when this started but after seeing him give his little 30 sec interviews on the matter I can tell he's genuinely affected by it, it's just that he doesn't know what else to do to make an actual impact

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Governor Ricketts called MRI and the two others actions "disgraceful"

Ricketts is the one who is disgraceful and an absolute embarrassment to the state. Maybe go back to buying your illegal murder drugs you prick.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a person who Could actually make a difference that's a grossly inappropriate stance to take straight away to say the least

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the protests over police brutality, though I feel like the media has made it out to be worse than it actually is. I think it's kind of weird that people think the Police have ganged up almost like a fraternity against black men. That's a bit insane.

As for the part where he says he's doing this for the laws that are in place to hold people of color back from succeeding in life......I literally have no idea what in the hell he's talking about there.

If a black man and a white man both go to college for the same degree, both graduate, and then apply and interview for the same job afterwards, they're both going to have the same exact opportunity at that job.

The only color that matters when it comes to employment in this country is GREEN. The candidate who can make a company more money is going to be the one hired. So you bring your resume and your personality, and you hope for the best. But in the end, nobody gives a fuck what you look like.....it's all about the money in this country. This country is full of greed. Black, white, yellow, brown, orange.......they don't matter when it comes to making money.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't want to hear any excuses about "well they can't afford college."

I took out loans and didn't get one single penny paid for by my family. My family is poor as hell.

You gotta take risks to be successful in this world. The majority of people have to. Nothing comes easy for anyone regardless of color.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of that said, I respect his opinions and his right to speak out.

I hope this can all end some day. The majority of my friends are black guys and I love the shit out of them. When all of this shit started happening we were all looking at each other like.........DAFUQ?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard Jed on the radio today, calling into a sports show. at least i was pretty sure it was him.

i personally have no problem with people protesting like this. it gets people talking, the problem to me is when those people talk about the wrong thing. it's not about disrespecting the flag, i understand why people might think that, but just move past that part and listen to the damn message.

then the damn racist bastards that show their true colors by saying shit on Twitter or whatever other forum that is out there. those are the people that need to look at themselves and start making some changes.

what i'd really like to know and maybe someone can answer me here, but is there any thing a joe nobody as myself can do? I think about that every time i see this stuff. i don't see how i can have an impact, i wish people would go that extra step and start explaining what i can do. it seems to me it's on govt and the police forces to enact change, sure i could go protest if there is some rally or something, but that's not usually in my realm, plus the kids at home, so i don't really get out much anyway. voting, i know that could enact some change, but that requires a candidate worth voting for.

anyway, just the thoughts i've been having about this.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard Jed on the radio today, calling into a sports show. at least i was pretty sure it was him.

i personally have no problem with people protesting like this. it gets people talking, the problem to me is when those people talk about the wrong thing. it's not about disrespecting the flag, i understand why people might think that, but just move past that part and listen to the damn message.

then the damn racist bastards that show their true colors by saying shit on Twitter or whatever other forum that is out there. those are the people that need to look at themselves and start making some changes.

what i'd really like to know and maybe someone can answer me here, but is there any thing a joe nobody as myself can do? I think about that every time i see this stuff. i don't see how i can have an impact, i wish people would go that extra step and start explaining what i can do. it seems to me it's on govt and the police forces to enact change, sure i could go protest if there is some rally or something, but that's not usually in my realm, plus the kids at home, so i don't really get out much anyway. voting, i know that could enact some change, but that requires a candidate worth voting for.

anyway, just the thoughts i've been having about this.

Well I guess in broad terms, just by being open minded and listening, you've pretty much done your part. I think all he's trying to do is bring awareness. Through awareness, change is possible.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the protests over police brutality, though I feel like the media has made it out to be worse than it actually is. I think it's kind of weird that people think the Police have ganged up almost like a fraternity against black men. That's a bit insane.

As for the part where he says he's doing this for the laws that are in place to hold people of color back from succeeding in life......I literally have no idea what in the hell he's talking about there.

If a black man and a white man both go to college for the same degree, both graduate, and then apply and interview for the same job afterwards, they're both going to have the same exact opportunity at that job.

The only color that matters when it comes to employment in this country is GREEN. The candidate who can make a company more money is going to be the one hired. So you bring your resume and your personality, and you hope for the best. But in the end, nobody gives a fuck what you look like.....it's all about the money in this country. This country is full of greed. Black, white, yellow, brown, orange.......they don't matter when it comes to making money.

This sounds good in theory.....

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody has a right to their opinion, good or bad. To me, a protest is supposed to make people uncomfortable, to bring an unpopular subject to people's front door step who previously did not want to address it or talk about it. That's the entire point of a protest. To force people to address the issue. That is exactly what kneeling during the anthem has done.

Whether you agree with the method or not, that's up to you and you have the right to disagree with the method. To me, through these last couple months with Kaep and now MRI etc...I have come to the conclusion that this demonstrates the beauty and greatness of this country. If MRI had done this in another country he'd most likely face persecution and potentially even death at the hands of his own government. Not in America.

In America he only has to do with ignorant pricks who call themselves "fans" who degrade him and minimalize him by calling him the N word etc all while hiding behind a keyboard or twitter account.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the money. Kinda sad, but it's better than the alternative.

Greed sees only green. No other colors.
To a point but if the empowered believe that blacks are intellectually inferior, prone to stealing and/or lazy and will cause more harm than good what decision will "greed" make? Everything we do is determined and justified by our own set of guiding principles. And I have heard every justification imaginable.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the police I do not believe there is a conspiracy. I do believe there has had to of been a fundamental change in their training or policy. The shootings are too common for something not to have changed. Part of it is LEOs are more likely to be shot in inner city altercations but even with that this is too common to not have had a fundamental shift somewhere. What ever that shift was it needs to be identified and reversed.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for MRI or any of the others, I can see there is a problem. I can not relate to that problem because I am not black. How can I judge them for how they react to that problem?
Looting and pillaging is a different story. Any kind of protest must be non-violent to have any kindo fo positive results. I don't need empathy to know that. For if they stand, kneel, sit at the lunch counter or refuse to sit at the back of the bus. How can I judge what I cannot understand?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a point but if the empowered believe that blacks are intellectually inferior, prone to stealing and/or lazy and will cause more harm than good what decision will "greed" make? Everything we do is determined and justified by our own set of guiding principles. And I have heard every justification imaginable.

It just seems to me like we never hear of any stories where a black man went to college and then had to spend the rest of his life getting denied by companies.

I believe if you're willing to apply yourself in this country, you'll succeed. Maybe we don't do a good enough job teaching everyone how to apply themselves. I had good parents who didn't make squat for money, but taught me that it was their own fault and I will only go as high as I let myself.

The company I work at.....we can't get people to stay working here. Regardless of color or anything, and trust me we get them in all different races and nationalities, but nobody wants to work. We offer through a temp service to come in here and all you have to do is show up every day for 3 months and you're hired. Simple as that. Maybe 1 out of 25 make it. People need to try.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me like we never hear of any stories where a black man went to college and then had to spend the rest of his life getting denied by companies.

I believe if you're willing to apply yourself in this country, you'll succeed. Maybe we don't do a good enough job teaching everyone how to apply themselves. I had good parents who didn't make squat for money, but taught me that it was their own fault and I will only go as high as I let myself.

The company I work at.....we can't get people to stay working here. Regardless of color or anything, and trust me we get them in all different races and nationalities, but nobody wants to work. We offer through a temp service to come in here and all you have to do is show up every day for 3 months and you're hired. Simple as that. Maybe 1 out of 25 make it. People need to try.

I think we're waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic here

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about how police treat minorities.