• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lot of Harbaugh to the Rams rumors

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm saying Harbaugh didn't even have a shot at a lot of those kids. It's a shame. Many players from Shula's classes including guys like Andre Smith actually panned out.

Andre Smith was like the only 5 star we had on the team or recruited for years. Maybe another, but I can't think of one. And he had 2 years under Saban.

We didn't recruit very well back then. We were under sanctions and a bunch of other embarrassing crap. Injuries were a big problem. Saban had to clean house with many recruits, and it showed his first year when we went 7-6.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I can speak for myself, I'm not leaving Michigan. I'm not even considering it." - Jim Harbaugh.

Can't say it any more clear than that. Usually coaches don't completely shut the door on the idea, they leave some technicality open -- like, "there haven't been any talks with the Rams".

And then there was this tidbit which I enjoyed,

"A lot of this talk is coming from our enemies," he said. "From coaches who, and you know the names. You probably know the names of the top three that I'm referring to. They like to say (I'm leaving) to the media, they like to tell that to recruits and their families to try to manipulate them into going to another school besides Michigan.

"But we know them as jive turkeys."

Urban dictionary for "Jive turkey" - "a. One who speaks as though they know what they're talking about...though they do not. b. a bullshitter."

And now I kind of want to change my screen name to Jive Turkey

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't coach another team until he best the Buckeyes, who wants to wait that long.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 29 Minnesota 26
Michigan 48 Indiana 41 in 20T

Not like he couldn't have been easily correct....
It was my first year prediction as well. Just proving no one expected him to be 9-3 then 10-2. Granted maybe the expectations rose a bit after the first season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only Ohio State was good this year, but besides Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin were also very good this year, the Big Ten was much better that the SEC this year. Hell it wasn't even close. The BIG 10 was by far the best football conference in the nation this season.

8-4 in P5 games, signature wins against LSU, Colorado and Oklahoma...3 good wins for 3 of their best teams look down the list and tell me the other good teams they beat.

Oregon
Oregon St
Notre Dame
Iowa St
Duke

I think I will wait until after the bowl season to anoint them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I can speak for myself, I'm not leaving Michigan. I'm not even considering it." - Jim Harbaugh.

Can't say it any more clear than that. Usually coaches don't completely shut the door on the idea, they leave some technicality open -- like, "there haven't been any talks with the Rams".

And then there was this tidbit which I enjoyed,

"A lot of this talk is coming from our enemies," he said. "From coaches who, and you know the names. You probably know the names of the top three that I'm referring to. They like to say (I'm leaving) to the media, they like to tell that to recruits and their families to try to manipulate them into going to another school besides Michigan.

"But we know them as jive turkeys."

Urban dictionary for "Jive turkey" - "a. One who speaks as though they know what they're talking about...though they do not. b. a bullshitter."

And now I kind of want to change my screen name to Jive Turkey
And we all know that coaches never lie. Like how Harbaugh never knew about Hawaii asking for practice footage, which is customary, but then said he heard about it and then in the same interview knew nothing about it? How about how Nick Saban isn't going to LSU or Alabama?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-4 in P5 games, signature wins against LSU, Colorado and Oklahoma...3 good wins for 3 of their best teams look down the list and tell me the other good teams they beat.

Oregon
Oregon St
Notre Dame
Iowa St
Duke

I think this is fair. If we're just talking the top 4 teams, the B1G is the best and it's really not close. However, as a whole, the non-top 4 bowl teams have a lot to prove.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we all know that coaches never lie. Like how Harbaugh never knew about Hawaii asking for practice footage, which is customary, but then said he heard about it and then in the same interview knew nothing about it? How about how Nick Saban isn't going to LSU or Alabama?

Is it just because it's Harbaugh or Saban that you are calling them out for deception. D'antonio would never lie. Can we safely expect coaches (except D'antonio because he is perfect) to spread false rumors to hurt recruiting.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we really call a Harbaugh team barely two years old anything but in its infancy stage? I don't see how we can.

He's never spent more than four years at any coaching gig, so it's not unreasonable to call a two-year Harbaugh team "middle-aged."

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just because it's Harbaugh or Saban that you are calling them out for deception. D'antonio would never lie. Can we safely expect coaches (except D'antonio because he is perfect) to spread false rumors to hurt recruiting.
Nope, Dantonio would lie, just like any other coach out there. There just isn't one I could think of off the top of my head.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon
Oregon St
Notre Dame
Iowa St
Duke

Okay, then tell me what good teams did the SEC beat this year? Don't even mention USC. The BIG 10 was by far the best football conference in the nation this past season. Why would we have to wait until after the bowl games, to determine what was the best football conference this season?

Last edited:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban and Meyer both managed to win NC's with inherited players. Harbaugh came into a gravy situation and still can't even win the conference. Some coaches have "it", some don't.

Yep. As I recall, Saban didn't win that much in his first two years--not even as much as Harbaugh.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance.
What ever, if they would hire RR they would hire Kiff. If he was able to beat the Buckeyes you would be naming your next child Lane.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever, if they would hire RR they would hire Kiff. If he was able to beat the Buckeyes you would be naming your next child Lane.

The guy who hired RR was fired for obsessive belief in his own self-importance. RR was an experiment that failed massively. Michigan would not hire Lane Kiffin-- he's too impressed with his own self-importance as well. Obviously, other than RR (and maybe Hoke), you have no idea of the history of hiring football HCs at Michigan.