• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lot of Harbaugh to the Rams rumors

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. A lot of teams have had issues this in pretty much every conference. I think Bama is, far and away, the best team. But the other conferences are dealing with multiple teams in down years.

If the SEC can bring in some better coaches, no one would touch them, because of the amount of talent they bring in.
Could be, but other conferences have been getting better talent in the last few years. I think you will see the talent level spread out amongst the other big conferences in the next few years.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but other conferences have been getting better talent in the last few years. I think you will see the talent level spread out amongst the other big conferences in the next few years.

I'd love to think the same, but the SEC's conference footprint will always give them a leg up on the other conferences. The B1G has countered it by being over Urban Meyer, James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh, Lovie Smith, etc. to go with cast of usual coaches - Ferentz, Dantonio, Fitzgerald, etc

The B1G will never outrecruit the SEC as the Midwest doesn't have the talent in their footprint.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to think the same, but the SEC's conference footprint will always give them a leg up on the other conferences. The B1G has countered it by being over Urban Meyer, James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh, Lovie Smith, etc. to go with cast of usual coaches - Ferentz, Dantonio, Fitzgerald, etc

The B1G will never outrecruit the SEC as the Midwest doesn't have the talent in their footprint.
Okay fair enough. :suds:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!!! Wisky beat LSU and Clemson beat Auburn, bottom line. If you want to wait until after the bowl games to make any pronouncement, then that's your right. Yes Bama beat the crap out of USC, but no way in hell is the SEC from top to bottom is anywhere close to the BIG 10 from top to bottom. With Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State, the BIG 10 is by far the best college football conference this season. Just my opinion.

You'll get no argument from me that the top 4 teams in the B1G are far superior to the top 4 in any other conference...the problem is, that there aren't just 4 teams in the B1G. The rest of the SEC is average, the rest of the B1G is below average and the worst of them are some of the worst in D-1, not just P5. You can talk til you are blue in the face about the top 4, but that doesn't cover up the stench that is Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers and suprisingly Michigan St. Collectively, not counting each other, they have beaten FCS Eastern Kentucky, 5-7 Nevada, FCS Murray State, FCS Furman, FCS Howard, 8-4 New Mexico and 4-8 Notre Dame...That's some special talent right there. Good thing most everybody is calling Notre Dame a P5 team, otherwise they wouldn't have a P5 win amongst them. In total that is 2 G5 wins and 1 P5 win between 4 teams.

By contrast, the bottom 4 SEC teams have 6 G5 wins and 7 P5 wins, not counting games against each other.

So, yes, the B1G has looks to have better teams at the top, but the bottom of the conference is so shitty that it brings down the overall value...Not only that, but it begs the question of how good the top is, if they get to play all that shit at the bottom.

Again, 3 good wins do not tell much of a story, good or bad for either conference.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll get no argument from me that the top 4 teams in the B1G are far superior to the top 4 in any other conference...the problem is, that there aren't just 4 teams in the B1G. The rest of the SEC is average, the rest of the B1G is below average and the worst of them are some of the worst in D-1, not just P5. You can talk til you are blue in the face about the top 4, but that doesn't cover up the stench that is Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers and suprisingly Michigan St. Collectively, not counting each other, they have beaten FCS Eastern Kentucky, 5-7 Nevada, FCS Murray State, FCS Furman, FCS Howard, 8-4 New Mexico and 4-8 Notre Dame...That's some special talent right there. Good thing most everybody is calling Notre Dame a P5 team, otherwise they wouldn't have a P5 win amongst them. In total that is 2 G5 wins and 1 P5 win between 4 teams.

By contrast, the bottom 4 SEC teams have 6 G5 wins and 7 P5 wins, not counting games against each other.

So, yes, the B1G has looks to have better teams at the top, but the bottom of the conference is so shitty that it brings down the overall value...Not only that, but it begs the question of how good the top is, if they get to play all that shit at the bottom.

Again, 3 good wins do not tell much of a story, good or bad for either conference.
I think the ACC is better than both conferences top to bottom personally.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ACC is better than both conferences top to bottom personally.

I don't know, the ACC went 4-3 against the SEC Least, that doesn't spell top to bottom better to me. Lots of SEC/ACC bowl games to help settle that argument.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay fair enough, if you think that Vandy, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arky, Ole Miss and Miss State were any better than Indiana, Maryland, Northwestern, Nebraska and Minnesota this year, than more power to you. The BIG 10 from top to bottom, was the best college football conference this year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough, if you think that Vandy, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arky, Ole Miss and Miss State were any better than Indiana, Maryland, Northwestern, Nebraska and Minnesota this year, than more power to you. The BIG 10 from top to bottom, was the best college football conference this year.

LOL, you just listed the bottom half of the SEC minus Missouri and then compared them to the middle of the B1G?

Now, if you want to compare LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky and South Carolina to Indiana, Maryland, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Northwestern, then I think you have a fair fight.

Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin are better than Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Tennessee, I will give you that.

BUT, there is not as big a difference as there is between Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss St, and Missouri and Michigan St, Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers. One group has 12 wins against bowl teams this year and the other has beaten exactly 1 bowl team. 1 win against a bowl team...in 2016, where we give out bowl invites like participation trophies.

Again, the excellence of the top of the B1G has more than met it's match in the absolute pile of dog shit that is the bottom of the B1G.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you just listed the bottom half of the SEC minus Missouri and then compared them to the middle of the B1G?

Now, if you want to compare LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky and South Carolina to Indiana, Maryland, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Northwestern, then I think you have a fair fight.

Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and Wisconsin are better than Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Tennessee, I will give you that.

BUT, there is not as big a difference as there is between Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss St, and Missouri and Michigan St, Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers. One group has 12 wins against bowl teams this year and the other has beaten exactly 1 bowl team. 1 win against a bowl team...in 2016, where we give out bowl invites like participation trophies.

Again, the excellence of the top of the B1G has more than met it's match in the absolute pile of dog shit that is the bottom of the B1G.
The "absolute pile of dog shit in the bottom of the BIG 10", is on a par with the pile of dog shit in the bottom of the SEC. As you mentioned the top of the BIG 10 is better than the top of the SEC (minus Bama). IMO, the middle of the BIG 10 is better than the middle of the SEC. So IMO the BIG 10 "from top to bottom is better than the SEC, this season".

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "absolute pile of dog shit in the bottom of the BIG 10", is on a par with the pile of dog shit in the bottom of the SEC. As you mentioned the top of the BIG 10 is better than the top of the SEC (minus Bama). IMO, the middle of the BIG 10 is better than the middle of the SEC. So IMO the BIG 10 "from top to bottom is better than the SEC, this season".

You are delusional if you think the bottom of the SEC is on a par with the bottom of the B1G, as I pointed out, the bottom 4 teams in the SEC have a combined 12 wins against bowl teams...The bottom 4 teams in the B1G don't even have 12 wins between them counting their 4 FCS wins and the games they played against each other for fucks sake.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are delusional if you think the bottom of the SEC is on a par with the bottom of the B1G, as I pointed out, the bottom 4 teams in the SEC have a combined 12 wins against bowl teams...The bottom 4 teams in the B1G don't even have 12 wins between them counting their 4 FCS wins and the games they played against each other for fucks sake.
I have my own opinion and you have yours. I can respect your opinion, but IMO the BIG 10 from top to bottom is the best college football conference in the nation, this season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my own opinion and you have yours. I can respect your opinion, but IMO the BIG 10 from top to bottom is the best college football conference in the nation, this season.

Yes we all have our own opinion...but you stating that the bottom 4 teams in the SEC are equal to the bottom 4 teams in the B1G is a fringe opinion shared by retards, goats, politicians and the like. 3 of them are candidates on these boards for being the worst P5 team in the country and 1 likely is.

I also never said that the B1G is not the best conference, they appear to be a the moment. I just said there was room for debate and that I would wait until after the bowl season before I made any decisions, because the current sample size was too small.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we all have our own opinion...but you stating that the bottom 4 teams in the SEC are equal to the bottom 4 teams in the B1G is a fringe opinion shared by retards, goats, politicians and the like. 3 of them are candidates on these boards for being the worst P5 team in the country and 1 likely is.

I also never said that the B1G is not the best conference, they appear to be a the moment. I just said there was room for debate and that I would wait until after the bowl season before I made any decisions, because the current sample size was too small.
Fair enough, I will wait until after the bowl season to see your opinion about what college football conference, you think is the best this season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I will wait until after the bowl season to see your opinion about what college football conference, you think is the best this season.

No need to wait for the conclusion of the bowl season, it won't make a difference. The top conference top to bottom this year is the ACC. Pre-season, End of Season and Post-Season they have performed the best and Monday's games will change nothing except maybe who is in 2nd.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to wait for the conclusion of the bowl season, it won't make a difference. The top conference top to bottom this year is the ACC. Pre-season, End of Season and Post-Season they have performed the best and Monday's games will change nothing except maybe who is in 2nd.
I said this earlier in the thread.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now an then.
I'm more right than wrong. I predicted 10-2 prior to the bowl game from Michigan. Most chumps are wrong though. Like yourself about the SEC.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more right than wrong. I predicted 10-2 prior to the bowl game from Michigan. Most chumps are wrong though. Like yourself about the SEC.

Most chumps quit using chump 5 years ago, glad to see a chump like yourself keeping it retro...you go girl.