• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Nick Foles

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be one and done in the playoffs with Foles. I think we may need to seriously consider Nate Sudfeld.

Shows what I know!

Never in my wildest dreams, after watching Foles at the end of the regular season, did I imagine he would ball out like this on the game's biggest stage. He truly played like a champion, no fear, all heart. Tremendous stuff man.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no controversy.... Wentz is our guy without a blink of an eye. Thank you Foles for the fill in, but foles can't hold Wentz jock. The great thing is, he didn't have to. Wentz and Foles are both such team players. This is Wentz team. Foles is lucky to have Wentz helping him and Pederson adjusting things around him. A truly special team this year.

THe only question now... is if a team offered us something for Foles... would you take it??? A 1st round - do you take it or keep him as a backup again??

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows what I know!

Never in my wildest dreams, after watching Foles at the end of the regular season, did I imagine he would ball out like this on the game's biggest stage. He truly played like a champion, no fear, all heart. Tremendous stuff man.

Foles did great, but credit the work those around him did to put him in a position to win and played to his strengths. He cannot do what Wentz does and he gets in his head way too easy. We changed everything to build around him, and asked him to not think but just react and play. I'm greatful for Foles - but FAR FAR more credit, imho, goes to Pederson and Wentz. The way he played early on - anyone with 1 eye could see we were in trouble. That is why we were the underdog throughout the playoffs. Foles finally had enough practice to begin to put it together by the MIN game. He stood toe to toe against the NE defense and kept us in the game. an absolutely amazing season and amazing team. This was not a Foles performance or team - this was truly truly a full team effort. A special team this year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles balled out. Yes, he had a good line, great players around him, and some truly exceptional coaching, not just the play-calling, but the assistants.

But he still balled out. He had the eye of the tiger man! You could see it in his face. He was not scared of anything out there. I think he was like a holy warrior or some shit. I know he is a very religious dude. I think he just convinced himself, this is MY day.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Hostetler had two starts prior to coming on for Phil Simms in the 1990 season, and went on to win the Super Bowl for the Giants.

It can be done.
4608967_1.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Dick Nick

Played like a champion all playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear that on Howard this morning from Richard?
No way I was screaming it all night. On broad street after the game it was one chant after another.

Big dick doug was another crowd favorite.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a peep from @SteelersPride since he kept bashing Foles and tagging me a month ago. Foles had one of the best QB seasons of all time and adds a Super Bowl MVP. Not too shabby.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is Mike Lombardi?

Foles was never given the respect he was worthy of so he went out and put his foot on their throats and demanded and received the respect. Awesome.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles balled out. Yes, he had a good line, great players around him, and some truly exceptional coaching, not just the play-calling, but the assistants.

But he still balled out. He had the eye of the tiger man! You could see it in his face. He was not scared of anything out there. I think he was like a holy warrior or some shit. I know he is a very religious dude. I think he just convinced himself, this is MY day.

Eye of the tiger, you could see it in his face. You could see it in his whole body. Completely in the zone. He would have made ten 3s in a row if they were playing that sport. Would have batted 4 for 4 in that other one.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is Mike Lombardi?

Foles was never given the respect he was worthy of so he went out and put his foot on their throats and demanded and received the respect. Awesome.
He's the last guy I want to hear from.

Unless it's a whimper of breath as he hangs himself:dhd:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no controversy.... Wentz is our guy without a blink of an eye. Thank you Foles for the fill in, but foles can't hold Wentz jock. The great thing is, he didn't have to. Wentz and Foles are both such team players. This is Wentz team. Foles is lucky to have Wentz helping him and Pederson adjusting things around him. A truly special team this year.

THe only question now... is if a team offered us something for Foles... would you take it??? A 1st round - do you take it or keep him as a backup again??

This is as far as the discussion should be taken....if a team offers me anything today I say no thanks.
If a team comes and offers that right before the draft this spring I consider it.....only based on the latest reports on Wentz's rehab progress. A lot of chatter now that Wentz thinks he can start Week 1. Of course he does...he is a baller. Will he be able to?

And would you rather have Foles or Sudfeld running this offense for the first.....4-8 weeks, lets say? While I guess it would have to depend on the #1 pick (#5 vs #20 for example) I think I would like to keep Foles until Wentz is fully back if I can help it and he is down with it.

If he held this ship afloat until Wentz is fully ready imagine how much he would command on the market the next off season?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a peep from @SteelersPride since he kept bashing Foles and tagging me a month ago. Foles had one of the best QB seasons of all time and adds a Super Bowl MVP. Not too shabby.
are u hiding again? im sure now you will come out, you didnt hesitate to tag me, but when i tagged you, you never appeared.........its always easy to gloat afterwards.............

BTW congrats iggles fans, great game, pederson is a hell of a coach

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He proved me wrong, that’s for sure. And btw I tagged u numerous times u ran and hid
Ignoring is not running and hiding. I was annoyed by the constant errant trash talk.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are u hiding again? im sure now you will come out, you didnt hesitate to tag me, but when i tagged you, you never appeared.........its always easy to gloat afterwards.............

BTW congrats iggles fans, great game, pederson is a hell of a coach
I was on planes all day. I wasn't too worried about checking in. I could have pointed out how wrong you were after the Falcons game or the vikings game as well. I'm not one to gloat but you more than had it coming. And when it came it certainly was without all the smugness you showed after five bad quarters.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. Got a couple of my own. I'm not trying to brag (ok, yes I fucking am), but I did truly believe we had a shot all season. If you were to plot a running graph of "Omar's Faith in the Eagles' chances this season," it would be a fairly steady line, with only three somewhat noticeable bumps down: After the Chiefs, after the Rams, and after the Raiders games. Still, I was being as objective as possible, and I still contended that this team will have a say in who wins the SB.

Funny enough, the largest loss of confidence I had all year was after Week 2. If Andy Reid 2.0 coaches this team, we're 8-8.

The only way the Eagles win the Super Bowl this year is to run the fuck out of the ball

I still like our chances. I'm never going to bet against the Birds, but even looking at it as objectively as possible, I still think we match up well against the Vikings. Minnesota was 10th in points scored this year, at 23.9 per game. For comparison, the Saints were 4th at 28.0 points per game (we were 3rd at 28.6- obviously very much in part to Wentz).

And yes, Minnesota does have a great defense, ranking 1st in points per game at 15.8 points. But I feel like our run game (if we run the ball enough) is so good that it can make up for Foles' middling performances.

In the Atlanta game, we ran the ball 32 times to 30 pass attempts. When was the last time an Eagles playoff game ended with more rushes than passes? Honestly? I've got to give it to Doug for establishing the run when Foles started out very shaky, and also for not abandoning it even when Foles got going.

Let's go Eagles.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on planes all day. I wasn't too worried about checking in. I could have pointed out how wrong you were after the Falcons game or the vikings game as well. I'm not one to gloat but you more than had it coming. And when it came it certainly was without all the smugness you showed after five bad quarters.
not yesterday bud, back when you said i was tagging you, you couldnt reply........but ur quick to tag me once he succeeds

point was you couldnt discuss or show up before things happened, but once he does well , your johnny on the spot......

having differning points of view is not trash talking butwhatever , ate my crow

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, this explains it ...

27540694_10204580300025049_1222591144270626036_n.jpg