• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Nick Foles

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he played for us, he wasn't bad. I think the moron that was the HC never wanted him and that offense was not really to his skill set. There has never been a QB that really developed under Jeff Fisher, and we do know, we have some QB Whisperers in this organization. If he catches fire, which as we have seen before, can happen with him, can he win a few more games and get us the trophy we never won? I think it can be done, if I remember correctly, I think Erroll Morrall won a SB for the Dolphins when he was the back-up to Bob Griese 1 year. I may be wrong, but I remember him playing alot that season.
All that being said, if Nick foles either runs the table or gets us to and wins the SB, would you trade him? I am not sure I would. Having a good back-up is a pretty nice luxury, but if someone wanted to give us a 2nd and 3rd, it would be awfully tempting. The real cool thing would be if the Vikings start floundering and know Case Keenum is not the answer, and are not completely settled on bringing back Teddy B. Wouldn't it be great to trade them another QB and fleece them.
I truly believe that coaching has a lot to do with good QB play.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Hostetler had two starts prior to coming on for Phil Simms in the 1990 season, and went on to win the Super Bowl for the Giants.

It can be done.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not impossible ... I mean P Manning has two Bowl wins and he was average at best in each.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Hostetler had two starts prior to coming on for Phil Simms in the 1990 season, and went on to win the Super Bowl for the Giants.

It can be done.

Hostetler has a great running game and Defense behind him. Our run game and defense have been great at points this year. If he can get that for the remaining games Foles can be just like Hostetler.

To me Foles is not the discussion to have....how Foles will be used is the discussion to be having. If Doug/Frank make the adjustments needed in going from Wentz to Foles things will be best set up. One example I read...Nick is not near the same threat to run that Wentz is. There will be less defensive spying.....leaving a LB free to play the under routes. How will the offensive minds address this?

How Foles and the offense is set up to succeed will tell the tape. The offense can stay on the field and get some points and keep the defense fresh to stay strong and dominant.

Foles can do this if he is set up well!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see is that Wentz can keep plays alive by scrambling out of pressure and still making the play. He makes our pass protection better than what it really is. Foles can't do that ... people tend to forget that he got into the habit of backtracking from pressure and chucking it instead of stepping up into the pocket. We traded him for a reason and he validated that decision after he left. Our best bet is to limit how much we put on Foles and concentrate on the running game with good D.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hostetler has a great running game and Defense behind him. Our run game and defense have been great at points this year. If he can get that for the remaining games Foles can be just like Hostetler.

To me Foles is not the discussion to have....how Foles will be used is the discussion to be having. If Doug/Frank make the adjustments needed in going from Wentz to Foles things will be best set up. One example I read...Nick is not near the same threat to run that Wentz is. There will be less defensive spying.....leaving a LB free to play the under routes. How will the offensive minds address this?

How Foles and the offense is set up to succeed will tell the tape. The offense can stay on the field and get some points and keep the defense fresh to stay strong and dominant.

Foles can do this if he is set up well!
Giants averaged 128 per game rushing that season, Eagles are averaging about 120 without Carson. For as much as some idiots here harp on the pass-heavy offense, the Eagles are middle of the pack in attempts and yardage in passing, and are second in the league in attempts and yardage rushing.

Biggest difference IMO between that Giants team and this Eagles team, offensively, is that the Giants were pretty balanced in terms of where their scoring came from, about 50/50 passing TDs to rushing TDs. Eagles are decidedly reliant on throwing the ball to score (33 to 9 in TDs). Can Foles recapture some of that fluky 2013 magic, or does Dougie P. count on guys like Blount and Ajayi more down by the goal line?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see is that Wentz can keep plays alive by scrambling out of pressure and still making the play. He makes our pass protection better than what it really is. Foles can't do that ... people tend to forget that he got into the habit of backtracking from pressure and chucking it instead of stepping up into the pocket. We traded him for a reason and he validated that decision after he left. Our best bet is to limit how much we put on Foles and concentrate on the running game with good D.

Exactly....film room should call these out. Then make a gameplan that doesnt make Foles carry too much.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not lost hope now that Foles is starting. He played really well for us and as Chip Kelly brought in his own guys he regressed. He was shipped to the Rams and that was a worse situation. The last time he saw time with a decent supporting cast was in relief of Alex Smith. He had 3 TD's 'with no Ints, 65.5 completion %, and QB rating of 105.9. When given an opportunity with a strong supporting cast Foles has shown he can play. I don't see any reason to think we still can't win a Super Bowl. The road may be a little rougher but I don't think we are doomed.

Have to give major props to Howie and Doug for bringing in a quality back up!!

GO EAGLES!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles can make the needed big throw. Just not consistently.

May the gracious Football Gods
look favorably upon he
as they once did.
Oooommmmm.:pray:

Reactions: CSB

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not lost hope now that Foles is starting. He played really well for us and as Chip Kelly brought in his own guys he regressed. He was shipped to the Rams and that was a worse situation. The last time he saw time with a decent supporting cast was in relief of Alex Smith. He had 3 TD's 'with no Ints, 65.5 completion %, and QB rating of 105.9. When given an opportunity with a strong supporting cast Foles has shown he can play. I don't see any reason to think we still can't win a Super Bowl. The road may be a little rougher but I don't think we are doomed.

Have to give major props to Howie and Doug for bringing in a quality back up!!

GO EAGLES!!!

And Joe Douglas.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to tell you the truth, I've only have 2 worries going forward with Foles. 1. if they don't get home field, I'm not confident he'll get it done in Minnesota. 2. When they win the SB with having home field in the NFC, the qb controversy that's gonna come between wentz and foles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to tell you the truth, I've only have 2 worries going forward with Foles. 1. if they don't get home field, I'm not confident he'll get it done in Minnesota. 2. When they win the SB with having home field in the NFC, the qb controversy that's gonna come between wentz and foles.

:spit:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still never fully understood how Foles fell so hard.

13 Games: 27 TD's and 2 Int's. You just don't see how you can play that good and be a fluke.
Funny thing, Eli had 27 int's that same year.

I have always felt there was still a damn good QB in there somewhere.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Home field or not....if they go far enough he is going to have to win in Minny.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home field or not....if they go far enough he is going to have to win in Minny.

No guarantee that the Vikings win either. They just need to play their best football and we will see. Just remember both Keenum and Foles didn't look good when they were with the Rams. :D

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we are blessed this year to see Foles lead us to a SB, and generates some trade value from that, you have to hang on to him at least one more year... Wentz may not be ready for the start of '18.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he keeps winning Superbowls, Foles is our QB!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantee that the Vikings win either. They just need to play their best football and we will see. Just remember both Keenum and Foles didn't look good when they were with the Rams. :D

I agree with all of this....even if it misses the point of my response that was quoted for this reply.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say the Vikings would be there.