• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lack Of espect For 49es O East Coast Bias?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and Seattle feel too high. The game could've gone either way based on a field goal kick that wasn't mega far, and not many of the wins those teams had were impressive, while the loss to other teams were UGLY (Bucs and Saints).

Seattle has a bit more of a ceiling given Jarran Reed is back next week and Ansah is slowly getting up to speed, but I'd still put them towards the double digits... Rams don't seem the same. Their OLINE is not what it was last year which means Goff will get exposed against defenses that actually blitz (Jesus Christ Seattle...) or get SOME form of pressure, and Gurley is nowhere NEAR as effective as early 2018. He did fuck all against Seattle outside of his nice 12 yard run (1 yard TD is whatever).

49ers haven't played a really tough team yet... and I'm still not sold JG can take over the game if a team stuffs the run. I dunno, NFC West seems a little high to me but the 49ers so far look like the best crew given their O/D-Line is the best in the division (Seattle may be able to argue D-Line once Reed comes back). Just not ready to crown them as a division favorite until I see JG show a bit more.

The CBS power ranking have the Niners at 2 and the Seahawks at 4.

The Seahawks ranking is based almost entirely on Wilson playing at an historically elite level so far. The Niners have been winning despite JG not being terribly good so far.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks ranking is based almost entirely on Wilson playing at an historically elite level so far. The Niners have been winning despite JG not being terribly good so far.

Yah I guess... I dunno, feels a little high (the Rams/Seahawks anyway). I'd like to see the 9ers take out a team with a winning record first. Guess they'll get to prove that next week. Their front 4 seems beast and Goff is one of the worst QBs under pressure so I'd assume they win but who knows.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too tired to do the math but they were averaging over 35 a game for the entire season last year.

Goff's #s have dropped and they haven't played a decent D yet. He had 7 TDs to 7 INTs.

No NFCW team beat the Rams last season. They've played one division game and already have a loss.

There is a lot more to football than just your FFL stats.

Goff looks worse but that’s because he was never that good to begin with - not because Belichick figured him out and exposed him. They put up all those points mostly against garbage teams or defenses. They were extremely lucky to win the NFCCG.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, you try to frame your claims to suit your "Let's always talk about the Patriots" bullshit.

You claimed that the Patriots showed the league how to beat the Rams. I said that was not true. I said that the Rams offense fell off a cliff in week 12 of 2018. That doesn't mean that they became the worst offense in football. But they stopped being an elite offense.

In their first 12 games they scored 30+ points in every game they played but 2. The Bears kept them to 6. The Eagles kept them to 23. The Saints kept them to 26.

So far this season the fewest points they have scored is 20. The 2nd fewest is 27. They have average 29 points a game this season. After week 12 of last season, and including the playoffs, the Rams averaged 23 points a game. Exclude the Super Bowl and they scored 27 points a game.

So the Rams are scoring more per game this season than they did in the 2nd half of last season. So your claim that the Patriots showed the league how to beat the Rams is not consistent with the facts.

See my last post.

OBTW when did the NFL go to a 24 game season? Or was the 2nd half of the season comment more hyperbole to support your false claims? Take a look at weeks 9 & 11 for more proof. But hey don't let facts get in the way.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CBS rankings are better than ESPN but still some issues.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I would put them over the Seahawks, gotta give them credit for being undefeated but Jimmy G is a manager at this point. Lets see them in a close game. I would take the Seahawks bc of RW obviously.

People are going to overreact to this win, like I said before the Niners are playing some great football and dominated the Browns but that team is a mess. Can't catch the ball, bad OL, Baker needs improvement, secondary is depleted. I want to see the Niners play a close game...as of right now they are a very solid team but I wouldn't rank them over Seattle.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff looks worse but that’s because he was never that good to begin with - not because Belichick figured him out and exposed him. They put up all those points mostly against garbage teams or defenses. They were extremely lucky to win the NFCCG.

Ummm, ok cool story. They averaged over 35 for the entire season. So every team was that bad? 30+ burgers on the Hawks...twice. 30+ on the Vikes. Multiple teams put up high 20s.

Please stop now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to rank them high based on the 4-0 start. Also, the MOV. But..........

Combined record of 49'ers opponents
Thus far the 49'ers have the 2nd or 3rd easiest SOS.

5-15

I wanna see them with the rams, packers, seahawks.

But they are gonna finish with a VERY GOD record, just on their D. Their opponents are just awful

THey still have:

2 games vs the Cards
The Ravens(they aren't that good)
Panthers
Redskins
Falcons

I dont see anyway they dont finish with 10 wins

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my last post.

OBTW when did the NFL go to a 24 game season? Or was the 2nd half of the season comment more hyperbole to support your false claims? Take a look at weeks 9 & 11 for more proof. But hey don't let facts get in the way.

Well when my original point was "The Rams fell off a cliff after week 12" then, yeah, splitting the season makes sense because it was the basis of my point.

And this was hardly some unique argument. NFL media was talking about how the Rams offense really struggled in the 2nd half of last year pretty regularly. And it was almost entirely due to the health of Gurley who was clearly hurting before the playoffs even started.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would put them over the Seahawks, gotta give them credit for being undefeated but Jimmy G is a manager at this point. Lets see them in a close game. I would take the Seahawks bc of RW obviously.

People are going to overreact to this win, like I said before the Niners are playing some great football and dominated the Browns but that team is a mess. Can't catch the ball, bad OL, Baker needs improvement, secondary is depleted. I want to see the Niners play a close game...as of right now they are a very solid team but I wouldn't rank them over Seattle.

I have to say Baker looked absolutely atrocious. Zero pocket awareness. His scrambling seemed desperate and his accuracy was not good.

He's only in his 2nd year and 2nd year QBs often struggle but he's pretty far from being what he can be.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I guess... I dunno, feels a little high (the Rams/Seahawks anyway). I'd like to see the 9ers take out a team with a winning record first. Guess they'll get to prove that next week. Their front 4 seems beast and Goff is one of the worst QBs under pressure so I'd assume they win but who knows.

Power rankings are mostly masturbatory. But I would put the Packers ahead of all 3 NFC West right now. They have big question marks as well but they've played better than those teams so far against tougher opponents.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when my original point was "The Rams fell off a cliff after week 12" then, yeah, splitting the season makes sense because it was the basis of my point.

And this was hardly some unique argument. NFL media was talking about how the Rams offense really struggled in the 2nd half of last year pretty regularly. And it was almost entirely due to the health of Gurley who was clearly hurting before the playoffs even started.

Maybe you can get the NFL media to help you move the goal posts again?

It's just not true. They finally played two quality Ds. Those were the ONLY games they struggled putting up points against.

If we want to be accurate thru week 8, the half way point they scored 35+ three times.
Weeks 9-17 they put up 35+ four times.
There two highest scoring games were in the 2nd half of the season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, ok cool story. They averaged over 35 for the entire season. So every team was that bad? 30+ burgers on the Hawks...twice. 30+ on the Vikes. Multiple teams put up high 20s.

Please stop now

My story makes more sense than your story about BB saving the NFC West.

The NFC West has not been good during the Rams’ run. The Seahawks went run heavy to cover up some deficiencies/inexperience on defense. They had one of the worst run defenses in the league and a pretty mediocre pass defense. The Vikings got buttfucked by the Bills the week before their matchup with the Rams. Their defense is OK but not really that great and they also had to fly to LA to play on a short week that week.

Let’s see who else they played? Oakland (32nd in points allowed), Arizona twice (26th), Chargers (8th), Denver (11th), San Francisco twice (28th), Green Bay (22nd), New Orleans (14th), Kansas City (24th), Detroit (16th).

The Chargers and maybe Broncos are probably the best two defenses that they faced. The Broncos were 23rd in net yards per pass attempt allowed and 17th in rushing yards per attempt. Chargers, 11th and 12th. Saints, 28th and 2nd.

If you look at the 3 losses and the 2 other times that they failed to score 30, you've got this: The Bears are a legitimately good defense. They just shut the Rams down. The Eagles aren’t necessarily but they took away the running game by getting out to an early lead. The Packers generated pressure and got 5 sacks. The Broncos generated pressure and got 5 sacks. The Saints took away the running game by getting out to an early lead.

These are not groundbreaking things. If you make a team on dimensional, they won’t look as good. If you generate pressure on the QB, they won’t look as good. If you’ve got a QB who isn’t good enough to carry his team, good teams will find ways to beat you.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My story makes more sense than your story about BB saving the NFC West.

The NFC West has not been good during the Rams’ run. The Seahawks went run heavy to cover up some deficiencies/inexperience on defense. They had one of the worst run defenses in the league and a pretty mediocre pass defense. The Vikings got buttfucked by the Bills the week before their matchup with the Rams. Their defense is OK but not really that great and they also had to fly to LA to play on a short week that week.

Let’s see who else they played? Oakland (32nd in points allowed), Arizona twice (26th), Chargers (8th), Denver (11th), San Francisco twice (28th), Green Bay (22nd), New Orleans (14th), Kansas City (24th), Detroit (16th).

The Chargers and maybe Broncos are probably the best two defenses that they faced. The Broncos were 23rd in net yards per pass attempt allowed and 17th in rushing yards per attempt. Chargers, 11th and 12th. Saints, 28th and 2nd.

If you look at the 3 losses and the 2 other times that they failed to score 30, you've got this: The Bears are a legitimately good defense. They just shut the Rams down. The Eagles aren’t necessarily but they took away the running game by getting out to an early lead. The Packers generated pressure and got 5 sacks. The Broncos generated pressure and got 5 sacks. The Saints took away the running game by getting out to an early lead.

These are not groundbreaking things. If you make a team on dimensional, they won’t look as good. If you generate pressure on the QB, they won’t look as good. If you’ve got a QB who isn’t good enough to carry his team, good teams will find ways to beat you.

That was a lot of writting to say no, not EVERY team was that bad as you first implied.

What is with some of you guys and your hyperbole to try and strengthen your arguements?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a lot of writting to say no, not EVERY team was that bad as you first implied.

What is with some of you guys and your hyperbole to try and strengthen your arguements?

Either bad defenses or bad overall teams. It’s not complicated. BB did not magically make Goff suck. He was never as good as his numbers suggested.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either bad defenses or bad overall teams. It’s not complicated. BB did not magically make Goff suck. He was never as good as his numbers suggested.
Yet the Rams represented the NFC in the SB.
Things that make you go hum

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can get the NFL media to help you move the goal posts again?

It's just not true. They finally played two quality Ds. Those were the ONLY games they struggled putting up points against.

If we want to be accurate thru week 8, the half way point they scored 35+ three times.
Weeks 9-17 they put up 35+ four times.
There two highest scoring games were in the 2nd half of the season.

Why do I need to start at week 8 when Gurley got hurt in week 11? Seems like you just want to ignore all context so you can peddle your argument.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Says the guy trying to claim that the Patriots were the team that "discovered" how to stop the Rams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I need to start at week 8 when Gurley got hurt in week 11? Seems like you just want to ignore all context so you can peddle your argument.

I'm not the one who tried to use the term 2nd half of the season as my measuring stick to try and boost my arguement. Until it didn't. Maybe you should ask that guy?