• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kudos to Bob Stoops

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admitting he didn't do enough, takes a big man to say that.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he really means it or is just pandering to keep people off his back.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have said, "We baked a good cake, will look forward to icing it next season"

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have said, "We baked a good cake, will look forward to icing it next season"
giphy.gif

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he really means it or is just pandering to keep people off his back.

I'm sure he means it. We, as outsiders, look at the video having never met or spoken to Joe Mixon. Coaches have relationships with these kids and most of them do actually care about them. As hjmans, we tend to be more lenient towards someone we care about when he or she commits a terrible act, which is exactly what Mixon did. Bob Stoops made the mistake of letting his personal feelings for the kid sway his judgement. You'll have those that say it was because he "wanted to win at all costs" but has he shown that mentality in the past? Oklahoma needed Joe Mixon on the field a lot less than Mixon needed Oklahoma to let him on the field.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also, in his press conference, touched on the connection and commitment he had with Joe's parents.

They, along with many more, entrust their children to this man and his staff with the hopes that they will always be working with their children's best interests in mind. Sometimes tough decision will have to be made, and I will always stand behind Bob Stoops and trust he will make the right decision.

The oh-so-easy way to have dealt with all of this is to have kicked him off of the team. Dust your hands off and go find another RB. I think Bob Stoops should be commended for all he has done, and will continue to do for these CHILDREN. Joe was given the opportunity to transfer free and clear rather than face the consequences and punishment. He chose to stay, and from what I've heard he was seriously thinking about going back west but his folks said no, you stay and face the music.

It's easy to pile on.

Let's not forget that Bob Stoops was voted as the coach ALL OTHER CFB COACHES would pick as the coach to coach their children.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? He's been saying this after every single big meaningful game over the last 15 years. Plenty of practice.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? He's been saying this after every single big meaningful game over the last 15 years. Plenty of practice.

What a douche you remain.
You'd give your left nut to have a coach like Stoops at Nike U

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he says I shouldn't have stolen that car...but I'm still going to drive it?

Wasn't even that. It was I think we did the right thing at the time, but 2 years later people have a stronger opinion about punching women. If I knew I would be up here talking about this shit, I would have kicked him off the team 2 years ago.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure what he said. It came across to me like he would have given the kid a harsher penalty if the public opinion had been as negative 2 years ago as it is now. Not sure that basing punishment on public opinion is a good thing.

I have 2 questions about it:

1.) Did Mixon have a history of this kind of thing prior to this incident? If so, then Stoops is right and he should have kicked him off the team 2 years ago. If not, then I think making the kid sit out a year was harsh enough. Especially if there was anger management, etc. involved.

2.) What has his behavior been like since then? Has there been another similar issue? Have there been other issues? If so then, once again, he should be kicked off the team. If not, then maybe we can assume it was a one time incident, the kid learned his lesson and people can stop bringing it up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't even that. It was I think we did the right thing at the time, but 2 years later people have a stronger opinion about punching women. If I knew I would be up here talking about this shit, I would have kicked him off the team 2 years ago.

And that just means that the only discipline we're willing to mete out is whatever public opinion happens to be at the moment, which is a very relativistic approach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that just means that the only discipline we're willing to mete out is whatever public opinion happens to be at the moment, which is a very relativistic approach.

Just shows the motivation behind things. There was no statement about prinicples, just the lack there of

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows the motivation behind things. There was no statement about prinicples, just the lack there of

I know the two situations are very different, because Rope is worse than a punch, but this is essentially how Baylor fucked themselves...there was no huge public outcry, so they dealt with it all quietly and internally. Then the huge outcry came, and they were scrambling to find enough people to fire/blame. I don't think they even had a Title IX officer during the period when most of those sexual assaults took place.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it as Bob just see's that society is changing. No longer is it about giving second chances or hopefully mentoring/developing kids that come from shitty backgrounds. Society has changed, it's one and done and you are labeled for life. There is a reason why they are building more prisons than schools.