• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon Not Invited To The NFL Combine

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you find it odd that you are more concerned about how the assault is characterized than you were about the actual victim?

Who cares what they call it -- it is still a pathetic human being assaulting a female.

To me, domestic abuse is far worse than an isolated incident of assault. Domestic abuse is something else entirely. It's just about accuracy. Domestic abuse is the buzz word flying around in general, and while Mixon's actions were deplorable, it wasn't domestic abuse. It's lazy and inaccurate. Including this incident in that genre is frankly disrespectful to domestic abuse victims. That's where I'm coming from.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K.O. Joe about to make bank.
You go Joe.
If that woman can forgive you then what's the holdup.

I'd have more respect if he had knocked her out. At least Caleb Brantley and Ray Rice knocked their girls unconscious. (I'm going to hell for this comment)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, domestic abuse is far worse than an isolated incident of assault. Domestic abuse is something else entirely. It's just about accuracy. Domestic abuse is the buzz word flying around in general, and while Mixon's actions were deplorable, it wasn't domestic abuse. It's lazy and inaccurate. Including this incident in that genre is frankly disrespectful to domestic abuse victims. That's where I'm coming from.

The only difference between Domestic violence and Assault is a relationship with the person. It is still an Assault against a woman.

That is why I brought up Martha Ford having to sign off on the Lions drafting Mixon if it happened because:
Detroit Lions' Martha Ford honored for stance vs. domestic violence

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference between Domestic violence and Assault is a relationship with the person. It is still an Assault against a woman.

That is why I brought up Martha Ford having to sign off on the Lions drafting Mixon if it happened because:
Detroit Lions' Martha Ford honored for stance vs. domestic violence

That relationship is a big difference. Domestic abuse usually entails some level of intimidation and mental abuse. There's a difference between that and two assholes picking a fight with one another and one happens to be female.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That relationship is a big difference. Domestic abuse usually entails some level of intimidation and mental abuse. There's a difference between that and two assholes picking a fight with one another and one happens to be female.

Any guy who would viciously punch some chick in the face in a bar over something stupid is most likey the same guy who's going to abuse a wife or gf. Same asshole mentality just in different situation. The guys a piece of shit and will always be. You dont do that as your first offence against a woman. He's a talented football player no doubt. But a terrible human.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Oklahoma have a fav NFL team? Cowboys? Cause I could see Mixon going to Dallas.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any guy who would viciously punch some chick in the face in a bar over something stupid is most likey the same guy who's going to abuse a wife or gf. Same asshole mentality just in different situation. The guys a piece of shit and will always be. You dont do that as your first offence against a woman. He's a talented football player no doubt. But a terrible human.

All I'm saying is it is incorrect to label that incident as domestic violence/abuse for the reasons I stated. None of you have any idea whether he will ever have a repeat incident regardless of what you say. If he ever even sniffs another incident like this again I say black ball him from the league and throw his ass in jail for as long as you can. None of that changes the fact that people are calling this "domestic violence" for the purposes of garnering an emotional response when it's simply not accurate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can nitpick all you'd like -- there is NO DIFFERENCE with what Ray Rice did and Joe Mixon did other than a relationship with the person. Yet one was 'domestic violence' and one was an 'assault'.

And also, you don't think calling her friends homophobic slurs and coming into the restaurant to 'confront her' (his words) isn't intimidation, when he is twice the size of everyone involved?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is it is incorrect to label that incident as domestic violence/abuse for the reasons I stated. None of you have any idea whether he will ever have a repeat incident regardless of what you say. If he ever even sniffs another incident like this again I say black ball him from the league and throw his ass in jail for as long as you can. None of that changes the fact that people are calling this "domestic violence" for the purposes of garnering an emotional response when it's simply not accurate.

I didn't say anything about it being domestic violence. He didn't know the girl so obviously it wasn't. But you don't do that at 18 or what ever he was unless thats who you are. You don't rob a bank as your first theft. He may never punch a girl in the face like that ever again but you can be sure he's never going to be a joy to be around for his future gf or wife. We've all know guys like that. And it's sad you OU guys want to argue minuscule shit when it comes to him. Does it really matter what people call it? You guys really want to argue if Is it better or worse that he had never met this girl? The guys a pos . A great football player but a pos as a man.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can nitpick all you'd like -- there is NO DIFFERENCE with what Ray Rice did and Joe Mixon did other than a relationship with the person. Yet one was 'domestic violence' and one was an 'assault'.

And also, you don't think calling her friends homophobic slurs and coming into the restaurant to 'confront her' (his words) isn't intimidation, when he is twice the size of everyone involved?

I'm not getting into that argument with you again. Fact is, two assholes met one night. Both instigated the confrontation. Both escalated the situation. One happened to be female and the male stepped way over the line in his response to her. That is not the same thing as domestic abuse which has vastly more complex dynamics. What he did is deplorable, but it doesn't change the fact that it is incorrectly being called domestic abuse/violence in an attempt to garner an emotional response. Again, domestics abuse has vastly different dynamics and calling this domestic abuse is disrespectful to domestic abuse victims.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything about it being domestic violence. He didn't know the girl so obviously it wasn't. But you don't do that at 18 or what ever he was unless thats who you are. You don't rob a bank as your first theft. He may never punch a girl in the face like that ever again but you can be sure he's never going to be a joy to be around for his future gf or wife. We've all know guys like that. And it's sad you OU guys want to argue minuscule shit when it comes to him. Does it really matter what people call it? You guys really want to argue if Is it better or worse that he had never met this girl? The guys a pos . A great football player but a pos as a man.

Pay attention. Calling it domestic violence is what this whole conversation is about. It's simply a conversation about buzz words being incorrectly used to garner an emotional response from people, which I find disrespectful to domestic abuse victims.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic violence is about power. errbody knows that.

Douchebag assault and/or battery is different but in theory it could be worse depending on the severity of the assault.

I'd like to think there is a difference but I also dont want another woman beater on the Chiefs

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best part is if you started a Baylor thread the OU fans would be the 1st to throw stones at their fan base and Art Briles.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic violence is about power. errbody knows that.

Douchebag assault and/or battery is different but in theory it could be worse depending on the severity of the assault.

I'd like to think there is a difference but I also dont want another woman beater on the Chiefs

Exactly. People are just trying to out PC one another. Let's try to be fucking adults about this for Christ sake.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. People are just trying to out PC one another. Let's try to be fucking adults about this for Christ sake.

I only posted about Martha Ford because she is 100% against Domestic Violence. I find it hard to believe she is going to say, "draft Joe Mixon, he punched a hole in a woman's head, but he wasn't in a relationship with her, so that's fine".

I'm not trying to be PC. Literally, the only difference between the two is a relationship.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only posted about Martha Ford because she is 100% against Domestic Violence. I find it hard to believe she is going to say, "draft Joe Mixon, he punched a hole in a woman's head, but he wasn't in a relationship with her, so that's fine".

I'm not trying to be PC. Literally, the only difference between the two is a relationship.

No it's not the only difference. Domestic violence is about power and mental abuse. Not two asshole strangers escalating a volatile situation, one of which happens to be female.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not the only difference.
Tell me the difference between Ray Rice and Joe Mixon's situation? One is a Domestic Assault (domestic violence) and the other is an assault.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not the only difference. Domestic violence is about power and mental abuse. Not two asshole strangers escalating a volatile situation, one of which happens to be female.

^^^

Tell me the difference between Ray Rice and Joe Mixon's situation? One is a Domestic Assault (domestic violence) and the other is an assault.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to post the extended list of abuse by Ray Rice. OR it was a one time volatile situation that escalated and they just so happened to be husband and wife.

I honestly doubt that was a one time incident. Domestic violence/abuse has a high incidence of going unreported for long periods.