• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon Not Invited To The NFL Combine

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically your extremely butthurt about something and failed to comprehend this is the college football forum. Thats about what I figured its not really that hard to see. Get back to me when you have some actual knowledge of the sport or at least the topic :L

Out of curiosity, what's with white knighting for romeo, who has repeatedly defended Mixon and the way OU handled the situation?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. By the letter of the law, she assaulted him first.

So dudes from Cali, OK and OU football players have a tough time defending themselves against women? You boys need to sack the fuck up.....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, what's with white knighting for romeo, who has repeatedly defended Mixon and the way OU handled the situation?
Why do you think Its white knighting? If you have followed my posts and their content you can clearly see.I'm not discussing a poster.That has nothing to do with the topic.I'm discussing Joe Mixon in comparison to multiple NCAA football players. Who committed acts of assault. But if you don't want to stay on topic for some reason........ I'll stick to the posters who are actually discussing the topic.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon literally tells the police he went inside the place to confront Molitor, because he felt she disrespected him. On top of that, he called her friend a 'homophobic slur' -- Which, according to the Supreme Court, makes Mixon the instigator.

This is why Mixon was charged and Molitor was not. Has nothing to do with why he was charged with a misdemeanor and not a felony. He was charged with a misdemeanor, as it was a first offense, and I'd wager the OU hierarchy had a long talk with the police prior to announcing the charge. (And before OU slappies get upset saying that didn't happen -- quit being foolish. It happens at every major college campus -- these schools are the life blood and f these communities. So I'm not calling out OU, but it most definitely helped out Mixon in this case)

Let me get this straight. You are saying it's ok for me to swing on somebody for calling me a gay slur? That's ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if Mixon was the instigator, she had no right to put her hands on him.

If you look at Texas law, if they charged him with a felony, then they would have to charge her too because she started the assault.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Its white knighting? I'm discussing Joe Mixon in comparison to multiple NCAA football players. Who committed acts of assault. But if you don't want to stay on topic for some reason........ I'll stick to the posters who are actually discussing the topic.

It just seems to me that you're here to defend Romeo.

If you're not, so be it. Mea culpa.

You can stick to whatever topic you want. I'll do the same.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So dudes from Cali, OK and OU football players have a tough time defending themselves against women? You boys need to sack the fuck up.....

We are not talking about morals dummy, im talking about the LAW!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Texas law, if they charged him with a felony, then they would have to charge her too because she started the assault.

"If you look at the laws of a state in which neither you or I are from, which also happens to not be the state in which the incident happened, she totally assaulted him first."

Thanks. I guess?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me that you're here to defend Romeo.

If you're not, so be it. Mea culpa.

You can stick to whatever topic you want. I'll do the same.
I thought it was clear that I was not discussing a poster.Aside from one reply to a poster that doesn't even follow the sport.Which I find to be odd.Like I said I will continue discuss to the actual topic. And I am not seeing the logic in holding one player to a separate set of standards.From several others who have committed crimes just as bad.Sometimes worse

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not talking about morals dummy, im talking about the LAW!

Just so I'm clear on this, it's you're assertion that Mixon, despite caving a woman's face in, was not charged with felony assault has more to do with the fact that they didn't want to charge the broad, and less to do with the fact that Mixon was a really good OU football player? That's what you think has taken place?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. By the letter of the law, she assaulted him first.
It matters a great deal. It also matters that he told her to suck his dick and was the agreesor. If you are going to take the position that "the bitch deserved it" then that shit isn't going to fly.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty indifferent on the whole deal before I saw the video. Not that I thought it was ok for him to deck a chick, but prior to that there was a lot of he-said-she-said static and I just didn't engage much into the whole ordeal.

Then I saw the video. Holy shit, was that a mind changer. It's clear he strutted his thug ass into that restaurant with the singular intention of physically confronting a woman about half his size. Even without sound, the body language from the people in frame indicate where he called the guy in fag-pants a fag. That's when she got defensive and tried to push him away, he did his look-at-me-I'm-a-thug lunge at her which is when she half-heartedly struck out at him. He then proceed to get the satisfaction he'd been looking for when he opened the door to the place - he caved her face in because she'd "disrespected" him.

Seriously, fuck that piece of shit. And anyone that saw that video and didn't act on it (at least more than a redshirt and community service), is pretty fucking slimy in my opinion.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By singling one player out. When there are several other NCAA players that have been caught behaving in the same manner. I would say there is a very legitimate argument they are.Which is my point.

Ridiculous. We are on a thread about Joe Mixon not being invited to the NFL Combine for the sole reason that he brutally assaulted a woman.

It's what this thread is about. If there's another player who wasn't invited to the NFL Combine because he caved a girl's face in, by all means, start a thread about him or bring him up and we can discuss him here.

No one is singling Mixon out. We're discussing it because it's a big story and, most of all, it's current.

Your assertion that I or anyone else on this thread is holding him to a higher standard than we do other players is a complete fabrication. I invite you to search the history of tHoop and produce a single post of mine in which I was in any way dismissive of a male athlete assaulting a woman.

I'll just wait here and talk shit about Romeo in the meantime.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. You are saying it's ok for me to swing on somebody for calling me a gay slur? That's ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if Mixon was the instigator, she had no right to put her hands on him.

Yes. Mixon went in with the intent to confront her and her friends (he says that in his interview). And you can continue to talk about how she started the assault, but it doesn't make it true. Mixon was the only one charged because HE was responsible for it. That is why she wasn't charged too. Mixon went in to confront her and started it by calling her friend a homophobic slur.

If Mixon had just walked in without intent and didn't say a word to her and her friends. Then yes, Texas law would matter (or any law for that matter)

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If you look at the laws of a state in which neither you or I are from, which also happens to not be the state in which the incident happened, she totally assaulted him first."

Thanks. I guess?

My bad, I meant Oklahoma.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. We are on a thread about Joe Mixon not being invited to the NFL Combine for the sole reason that he brutally assaulted a woman.

It's what this thread is about. If there's another player who wasn't invited to the NFL Combine because he caved a girls face in, by all means, start a thread about him or bring him up and we can discuss him here.

No one is singling Mixon out. We're discussing it because it's a big story and, most of all, it's current.

Your assertion that I or anyone else on this thread is holding him to a higher standard than we do other players is a complete fabrication. I invite you to search the history of tHoop and produce a single post of mine in which I was in any way dismissive of a male athlete extremely violently assaulting a woman.
And how many other college players. That have been engaged in serious criminal activities. Have been invited to the combine? How many BCAA athletes have had charges brushed under the rug because it wasn't on video? Was Mixon convicted of the crime? I will not support violence especially involving woman. But I will not look past the multitude of other NCAA athletes that do the same thing. That's ignoring the bigger picture