• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 McClain played great when on the field, IMO. He missed a good amount of time with little nicks and dings, even within games he would miss snaps, but he was extremely effective on the field. 2015 was a different story.
Agree and that is why his downward spiral was tough. He showed glimpses of being the guy he was drafted to be. I think Smiths bar is just as high as McClains was before his issues. He was a phenom in College. With health he can play with anyone in this league. Maybe it will be week one, maybe it will be week 6 or maybe it will be next year. My gut tells me at some point we see a very good player and Even if he can't cut well enough to cover right away he can still help this team

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the only guy that can save the Cowboy's wretched defense. I'm still pulling for him though. Nasty injury and just awful timing of it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the only guy that can save the Cowboy's wretched defense. I'm still pulling for him though. Nasty injury and just awful timing of it.
You need to worry about your sorry Eagles and their 0 Superbowls.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gives me the most hope is when I watch him run I can't even tell which is the bad foot. So my hope is whatever isn't working right could be close to working right. I think he the guy I want to see in the preseason games the most.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gives me the most hope is when I watch him run I can't even tell which is the bad foot. So my hope is whatever isn't working right could be close to working right. I think he the guy I want to see in the preseason games the most.
You wont see him tonight, he's a healthy scratch.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wont see him tonight, he's a healthy scratch.
On vacation so won't likely see the game anyway. Not worried about him being sat down this week. Obviously if he misses the next couple though it will be a telling sign. Patience is the key with him. Eventually he should be a star. Year one a washout, year two TBD...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On vacation so won't likely see the game anyway. Not worried about him being sat down this week. Obviously if he misses the next couple though it will be a telling sign. Patience is the key with him. Eventually he should be a star. Year one a washout, year two TBD...

Same here, wanted to see him on the field, but I'm OK with the decision to sit him. If he sits ps games 2 and or 3 I'm gonna be a little concerned.

Oh, and enjoy your Vaca.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sheds the blocker to the legs without thinking about it and gets upfield. I like it. I'd imagine the mental aspect of the injury will be the biggest hurdle, but he seems to be getting on with things.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather give him more time to fully recover than rush him into action this season.

Would him coming back before he is 100% stunt his recovery? I am not sure but speculate that it doesn't only on the fact that they are going to play him and he is not 100%.

If it is the other way around then I agree, he should sit till 100%.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some still struggle to read. It's kind of scary how they miss the point of almost every comment and only see what they want. We really need to spend our money on education more wisely.:noidea:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would him coming back before he is 100% stunt his recovery? I am not sure but speculate that it doesn't only on the fact that they are going to play him and he is not 100%.

If it is the other way around then I agree, he should sit till 100%.
He may never be 100%. If he is 85 to 90 then he is probably our 2nd best linebacker. I don't think pain is the issue with him. He looks fast enough to me to be starting week 1

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may never be 100%. If he is 85 to 90 then he is probably our 2nd best linebacker. I don't think pain is the issue with him. He looks fast enough to me to be starting week 1

So would letting him play stunt his progress to getting close to that 100%?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it would I don't think they would risk it. I think they are smart enough to see the big picture with this kid and I'm sure they are in constant contact with the doctors. Plus, If he isn't healthy he isn't going to help them much anyway

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a difference one week can make ...LOL

reality is coming in a hurry
"I think some of you guys are going to be in for a reality check when Smith isn't the savior you all seem to think he's ready to be. Don't be surprised if Hitchens is the more effective player this year"

I read just fine. However, claiming education supremacy was a nice touch

sensitive much?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think some of you guys are going to be in for a reality check when Smith isn't the savior you all seem to think he's ready to be. Don't be surprised if Hitchens is the more effective player this year"

I read just fine. However, claiming education supremacy was a nice touch

sensitive much?

Well since you're quoting me there, I'll respond. I don't understand the context, I have not been following along with you and Jarntt. That said, it's been one week of practice from Jaylon Smith, and he is starting to look like a football player. Let's hold off on anointing the kid until he shows something in a game situation.

I'm as excited as anyone about Smith's potential, I think he will contribute to the defense this year. I don't think Smith is ready to play a key role yet. I think Hitchens will be the more effective player this year. We will see. I'll be perfectly happy to be wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on his mental makeup. If you rush him back and he feels hesitation then it could stunt him. It's like the batter in baseball that takes a fastball to the face, he could end up never being the same because he hesitates to [no pun] stick his nose back in there.

From what I see and hear about Jaylon though the guy is a baller and is fearless. I don't worry about the mental aspect.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since you're quoting me there, I'll respond. I don't understand the context, I have not been following along with you and Jarntt. That said, it's been one week of practice from Jaylon Smith, and he is starting to look like a football player. Let's hold off on anointing the kid until he shows something in a game situation.

I'm as excited as anyone about Smith's potential, I think he will contribute to the defense this year. I don't think Smith is ready to play a key role yet. I think Hitchens will be the more effective player this year. We will see. I'll be perfectly happy to be wrong.
Yes I quoted you cause you were the one that used the terms reality check and savior. I also think you've been following along just fine since I'm clearly the one here who has said I expect Smith to play this year, flash some greatness this year, and is the second best LB this team has at 80%. Why wouldn't I quote a post that states reality check & savior? Why should I hold off anointing this kid when he clearly showed himself as a stud in college? This guy has skills that other LB's dream about and never shown. You're right....somebody here will have a reality check by mid season. Sorry, I don't think that will be me.

As to our pal Jarntt....I read just fine, I also have plenty of friends that think I'm a pretty good guy at parties. I don't care for the back handed references from behind a computer keyboard just because a post content was challenged. This has been going on a long ass time here. You boys are a wee bit defensive and that's probably the reason it's noticed in others. I know I can be a ass, I just don't care for others that claim their above that when their posts clearly state they aren't. You boys are not a cut above, you guys are clearly playing the victim card and it's a total bull shit play. We've been stating our football opinions here a long time and I hardly thing I'm the only one who see's this.