• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be interesting to follow.
I would think the prove will be in his play and I don't think Smith nor the cowboys would risk his permanent health just to play football

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mr Happi. Long time no see. Hope all is well.

We were told day one that the nerve was the biggest issue, so this is the important part to me: "Yet the nerve has seen “no significant change,” source said."

My gut tells me at some point he sees the field, but having him play with "drop foot" doesn't sound great. Honestly even if he wasn't on the Cowboys I'd be rooting for him. Good kid, tough break and would make a great story if he overcomes:hope:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were told day one that the nerve was the biggest issue, so this is the important part to me: "Yet the nerve has seen “no significant change,” source said."

My gut tells me at some point he sees the field, but having him play with "drop foot" doesn't sound great. Honestly even if he wasn't on the Cowboys I'd be rooting for him. Good kid, tough break and would make a great story if he overcomes:hope:

Too huge a gamble when he was drafted for this team IMO, but hope it works out. I hope it is not a Friday night lights scenario.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too huge a gamble when he was drafted for this team IMO, but hope it works out. I hope it is not a Friday night lights scenario.
i think we all agreed at the time, but that is in the past and not worth rehashing at this point. We can't get the pick back. Just like with Mo. To me the discussion is does he ever play, does he ever play well and does he ever become the phenom that the team thinks he can be. Time will tell. Maybe 10 years from now we say how smart they were or maybe we say they swung and missed

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Jarntt. Wife had a cancer scare so that took up a lot of my mental space. All is well now and Im glad to be back.
I really want this kid to have a successful career, but man this sounds nuts. Of course in a few years it may be commonplace.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jarntt. Wife had a cancer scare so that took up a lot of my mental space. All is well now and Im glad to be back.
I really want this kid to have a successful career, but man this sounds nuts. Of course in a few years it may be commonplace.
Glad to hear all is well with her now...much more important

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drop foot at his young age is devastating.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we all agreed at the time, but that is in the past and not worth rehashing at this point. We can't get the pick back. Just like with Mo. To me the discussion is does he ever play, does he ever play well and does he ever become the phenom that the team thinks he can be. Time will tell. Maybe 10 years from now we say how smart they were or maybe we say they swung and missed
I am so hoping for him. He seems like someone that anyone would root for.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Happi Glad your Wife is better been through that with my Mom stage 4 mantle cell cancer. She is celebrating 78 in a few months and this November marks 5 years cancer free. Keep the faith man.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon is a awesome athlete doing what he has done with his injury. I want him to succeed and am hoping he really does.

Without that nerve refiring I honestly don't think he will ever see the field as a NFL player. The pressures on that knee without everything working properly is unbelievable trying to play linebacker at the NFl level. I hope the nerve comes back and he turns into Dick Butkus /Ted Hendricks incarnate but after a year of it not regenerating it might be time to face the brutally honest truth. :(

Good luck Jaylon no matter how this turns out

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Happi Glad your Wife is better been through that with my Mom stage 4 mantle cell cancer. She is celebrating 78 in a few months and this November marks 5 years cancer free. Keep the faith man.

Thanks colors. cervical cancer. it has been a trying year for sure.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting for sure. I think he will play with the AFO. Preseason should give us an indication. I have a feeling he is going to play well.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Todd Archer reports the nerve damage in Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith’s knee is regenerating but hasn’t fully returned yet. The good news, according to Archer, is that there is a sensation in Smith’s knee now that wasn’t there last year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Notre Dame fan I'm really hopeful that his knee heals because he's probably the best defensive player to play at Notre Dame in two decades or more.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft time two years ago I wasn't optimistic about the pick. Today I am. I am not sure if it is the "because he is a Cowboy" glasses or not. I did see him do some running and showed off his explosiveness but I had no context as he was running drills. He did look pretty good and this is well before training camp still.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft time two years ago I wasn't optimistic about the pick. Today I am. I am not sure if it is the "because he is a Cowboy" glasses or not. I did see him do some running and showed off his explosiveness but I had no context as he was running drills. He did look pretty good and this is well before training camp still.
I think his upside is capped at practice squad player at best if the nerve doesn't regenerate any more. I think if he gets almost all of the feeling and use back he can be a very good player and if it completely regenerates he can be a phenom. So like we heard day one. It's all about the nerve. I realized after reading up on this that a lot of the people I thought had hip problems of some type actually have drop foot. They have a very distinct walk as they need to kick one leg out to the side just to cross the street. Obviously his condition is nowhere near those individuals so maybe it keeps getting better. Assuming he participates I cannot wait to hear how practice is going with him and to see him in a preseason game. I am growing more and more optimistic:hope: