• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I quoted you cause you were the one that used the terms reality check and savior. I also think you've been following along just fine since I'm clearly the one here who has said I expect Smith to play this year, flash some greatness this year, and is the second best LB this team has at 80%. Why wouldn't I quote a post that states reality check & savior? Why should I hold off anointing this kid when he clearly showed himself as a stud in college? This guy has skills that other LB's dream about and never shown. You're right....somebody here will have a reality check by mid season. Sorry, I don't think that will be me.

As to our pal Jarntt....I read just fine, I also have plenty of friends that think I'm a pretty good guy at parties. I don't care for the back handed references from behind a computer keyboard just because a post content was challenged. This has been going on a long ass time here. You boys are a wee bit defensive and that's probably the reason it's noticed in others. I know I can be a ass, I just don't care for others that claim their above that when their posts clearly state they aren't. You boys are not a cut above, you guys are clearly playing the victim card and it's a total bull shit play. We've been stating our football opinions here a long time and I hardly thing I'm the only one who see's this.

Agreed 80% of Smith is a starter in this team. I expect him to be a key ingredient in the D. It may not be week one, but it will be much sooner than later, baring a injury set back.
Thus far I've seen nothing to say he's not ready to fully play except for the teams decision to limit his practice hits.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 80% of Smith is a starter in this team. I expect him to be a key ingredient in the D. It may not be week one, but it will be much sooner than later, baring a injury set back.
Thus far I've seen nothing to say he's not ready to fully play except for the teams decision to limit his practice hits.
Over the last 10 to 15 years I've watched college football there have been two LB's that seemed to be on every tackle and around the football.... Luke Kuechly & Jaylon Smith

It's a shame so many here see the glass half empty

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I quoted you cause you were the one that used the terms reality check and savior. I also think you've been following along just fine since I'm clearly the one here who has said I expect Smith to play this year, flash some greatness this year, and is the second best LB this team has at 80%. Why wouldn't I quote a post that states reality check & savior? Why should I hold off anointing this kid when he clearly showed himself as a stud in college? This guy has skills that other LB's dream about and never shown. You're right....somebody here will have a reality check by mid season. Sorry, I don't think that will be me.

No, I don't follow along with your pissing matches, sorry. Too many to keep track of. I just happened to see you quoted me.

All I have said -- all along -- with Smith is "we will see". I think Hitchens will be better this year and the starter for the duration of the season. We can check back on this at mid-season, fine by me. You guys keep going on about 80% of Smith is a starter, and I am the one that needs the reality check? Okay...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't follow along with your pissing matches, sorry. Too many to keep track of. I just happened to see you quoted me.

All I have said -- all along -- with Smith is "we will see". I think Hitchens will be better this year and the starter for the duration of the season. We can check back on this at mid-season, fine by me. You guys keep going on about 80% of Smith is a starter, and I am the one that needs the reality check? Okay...

YES...and that's because you don't know just how good this guy is. You didn't when we drafted him and you don't now. That's okay, you'll know soon enough.

and...we can agree to disagree about not following the pissing matches. All it takes is reading the posts which you did, cause I didn't quote you, I copied a statement in your post....which you read and commented on....and you took the opportunity to say it's me that has these board pissing matches, and then squatted to pee on how many YOU think I have here. AGAIN...you boys seem to think you're above all that while neither of your posts state otherwise. Sorry.....I still don't think either of you are any better than me when it comes to board pissing matches.

It remains in the actually posts

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have said -- all along -- with Smith is "we will see".
not really....you said
"I think some of you guys are going to be in for a reality check when Smith isn't the savior you all seem to think he's ready to be"

that's drawing a line in the sand kinda statement and you should own it.
You are correct....we will see how this all plays out soon enough

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a moron. No one claims to be above anything. I simply pointed out about two years ago how you have issues with most everyone from time to time and are worse than others and even moreso in the offseason. That doesn't mean I think I'm an angel or anything of the sort, just that you have some issues and act like someone pissed in your Cheerios 90% of the time, whereas the rest of us are probably around half that. But of course you misread that too and cling to it like it was said yesterday. I guess my opinion is just that important to you. If you don't like it move passed it but STFU already you are defensive about everything for Christ's sake. Grow a sack already.

ON Smith, pretty much everyone knows how good he can be and how much talent he has and how good he was in College. Do you really think you see something most of us don't or expect something most don't? You misread people's comments that it may not come just yet and think we are saying something we aren't. we are talking about where he is now, not a week or month or year from now and most around the team are saying the same thing. Do you think they are lying? And you and your scoreboard crap. There is no claiming scoreboard if he has a great year because almost everyone thinks he may. Just because you act as if he is there already when he clearly isn't means nothing if he has a great year. The team will continue bringing him along slowly because he isn't ready for more YET. You are so worried about your board cRed for some God forsaken reason. So when he eventually is a great player, whether week 1 or two years from now most of us do expect it, not just you. Maybe es4m doesn't for some reason and there is nothing wrong with that because he is a cowboy fan and will be just as happy about it as you if smith becomes great. but most do expect him to be great and none have said anything about his talent, it's always been about the injury and how he is progressing. The guy just started lifting his foot on his own a month or so ago and that is a big deal and worth discussing but we all want him to be great and hope he will be great so stop acting like you are the captain of the Jaylon Smith fan club and stop being so damn dramatic about everything

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new here other than now I'm a moron. For two years you have told me what I am and your above post is no different, no matter how over the top it is. Sure dude, I'm the defensive one here....LOL

It's good to place one's own self as the judge of what others are, and as usual, you didn't disappoint. And yet, I'm the one who needs to "grow a stack". LOL at You!

That board cred line is just flat out wrong, that REMAINS all you. It's not possible for a poster to have issues with everyone, as you say I do, and still be all about "board cred". LOL at You!

Regarding Smith....who said I was captain on Smith's fan club other than you? I've said he'll flash greatness this year and is the second best LB on this team at 80%. I've been told he won't start and most likely won't be a player before year three. I've read where he wouldn't start because of three different LB's already on this team, and I've been told I'm in for a reality check. Yet, somehow in your eyes I'm scoreboarding and claiming myself the captain of Smith's fan club. Opinions vary little man, but you're not sensitive at all, it's all me.

LOL AT YOU!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Man...LOL...classic
You remain Clueless and Too much wrong to respond to and I won't screw the board up any more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, wanted to see him on the field, but I'm OK with the decision to sit him. If he sits ps games 2 and or 3 I'm gonna be a little concerned.

Oh, and enjoy your Vaca.
Thanks. Back last night and going again Thursday!!! Going to be Hell at work for the rest of the month after i get back:lol:

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside observer to the PDay and jarnnt saga...

You both have let ego get the better of you. You both have your own opinions as to who started it, but what it comes down to is that you are both began reading personal attacks into one another's opinions.

Every time one of you posts something to the other, I know, in advance, how the other one is going to respond. It's easy. All I have to do is ask, "Which statement or phrase is the other guy going to take as a personal attack?" I've been guessing correctly for almost a year now.

The fact of the matter is that you are both decent posters (at least from my perspective) but one person's opinions becomes the other person's attack. It's silly and it makes the board less interesting, not more.

It's the same thing that happened with Twist and a few others that were good posters. Most of the guys that got their panties in the wad, deserved whatever negativity came toward them. Not so with the two of you, so man up and let your pride go.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside observer to the PDay and jarnnt saga...

You both have let ego get the better of you. You both have your own opinions as to who started it, but what it comes down to is that you are both began reading personal attacks into one another's opinions.

Every time one of you posts something to the other, I know, in advance, how the other one is going to respond. It's easy. All I have to do is ask, "Which statement or phrase is the other guy going to take as a personal attack?" I've been guessing correctly for almost a year now.

The fact of the matter is that you are both decent posters (at least from my perspective) but one person's opinions becomes the other person's attack. It's silly and it makes the board less interesting, not more.

It's the same thing that happened with Twist and a few others that were good posters. Most of the guys that got their panties in the wad, deserved whatever negativity came toward them. Not so with the two of you, so man up and let your pride go.
THANKS...I'll try to do better

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of decent posters, where's PE1? I wanna know his opinion on Cole Beasley now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of decent posters, where's PE1? I wanna know his opinion on Cole Beasley now.
Yeah, but in his defense he did eat some crow on that one and I'm pretty sure he admitted it...still love thinking back about that 'Riley Cooper is way better discussion'...His head may explode if Beasley and Switzer both excel and move the chains all day...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some training camp video last night. Jaylon looks even more explosive than he did a few weeks ago. I guess i am surprised.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some training camp video last night. Jaylon looks even more explosive than he did a few weeks ago. I guess i am surprised.

I'm not this kid is too good to keep down. He's the best Irish football player in my lifetime of watching the team so basically the last 25-28 years. If his defensive coordinator in college wasn't completely useless he would have had even greater numbers than he did but Brian Van Gorder was the most useless waste of space on the Irish coaching staff I've ever seen. Even if he doesn't have much of an impact this year coming off the injury he more than likely will the following season and he could be one of if not the best defensive player on the Cowboys within 2 or 3 years maybe sooner.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not this kid is too good to keep down. He's the best Irish football player in my lifetime of watching the team so basically the last 25-28 years. If his defensive coordinator in college wasn't completely useless he would have had even greater numbers than he did but Brian Van Gorder was the most useless waste of space on the Irish coaching staff I've ever seen. Even if he doesn't have much of an impact this year coming off the injury he more than likely will the following season and he could be one of if not the best defensive player on the Cowboys within 2 or 3 years maybe sooner.

That Ismail fellow was pretty good.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Ismail fellow was pretty good.
Sure Ismail was a great player but I barely starting to watch Notre Dame then so Jaylon Smith in my lifetime of watching Notre Dame football is the best I've seen. He is an athletic freak for his size, he can literally do everything on the field and any numbers that were lacking in college were more because our moron DC didn't use him to his fullest.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Ismail was a great player but I barely starting to watch Notre Dame then so Jaylon Smith in my lifetime of watching Notre Dame football is the best I've seen. He is an athletic freak for his size, he can literally do everything on the field and any numbers that were lacking in college were more because our moron DC didn't use him to his fullest.

No doubt man. I wasn't disagreeing. ND has had some great ones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched the game yet. Did Smith play? If not any word on next game?