• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I thought third or fourth round not second. They said he would be ready year two. I hope he does well this year and help the boys.
I would rather give him more time to fully recover than rush him into action this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt,Dirt,Dirt is the only other person who's commented on what I'm like at parties...sorry, I find that funny.

you commented on the other posts rather quickly, yet this one took 6 days, again...I find that funny as well

lastly....it's funny I'm wrong when you clearly posted in this thread that smith doesn't start with Wilson playing.
You clearly posted the Durant signing was tied to Smith. Yet I'm wrong. LOL

keep pointing that finger at me....I've become accustomed to it and find that the funniest of all.

You have a great day as well Sir!
You just can't read at all can you. I didn't clearly post he doesn't start with Wilson playing. I said I don't THINK he starts and I'm talking this year, beginning of the year, not next year or his career

Why do you care so much what I think anyway? WTF is wrong with you dude?

And on Durant I didn't clearly say it was tied to Smith, here is my quote:
"And now we signed Durant. No clue if that is related to Smith, Wilson, both or neither but I'm guessing if the team was confident that Smith was going to be a week 1, 3 down starter they would not have signed Durant."

In what world is that clearly saying it's tied to Smith? "no clue", "guessing" One more time, re-read or just ask someone help you.

As far as taking 6 days...that doesn't even make sense. No clue what that means, has to do with anything or what you are inferring...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right...I'll have to see that play out.

Lots of nickel packages in the NFL with two LB's.
I think that has a great opportunity as we settle into the season to be Lee & Smith.

Time will tell this story
So now you agree it may not be a slam dunk Smith is starting week 1 after all:what:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you agree it may not be a slam dunk Smith is starting week 1 after all:what:
reread... I don't recall saying Smith starts week one. I think he starts at some point without another injury. I think he flashes his ability this year and at 80% is the second best backer on this team.

as usual, you critique me and then do the same darn thing.

If Wilson doesn't get suspended I don't think Smith starts.

your words and I still don't think Wilson's supenpension has anything to do with Smith starting

I'm guessing if the team was confident that Smith was going to be a week 1, 3 down starter they would not have signed Durant.

again....your words and I don't think signing Durant has anything to do with Smith starting or not.

BUT hey....you go ahead and point that finger at me. It's been your MO for awhile now.
I disagree with your opinions and you just can't stand the thought that anyone could do that. Pull your pampers up and spare me the smart ass replies about me being hard to get along with. You have options (like romotoowens) block my ass if you can't stand a different opinion....which is another thing you've accused me of in the past.

POT meet kettle

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care so much what I think anyway? WTF is wrong with you dude?
works both ways dude....but you can't see that, you prefer to play the victim card.

point that finger at me all you want. I don't see you being any different

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reserve my judgement until I see consistent productivity from Smith. At this point, he is a second round pick that was squandered Bruce Carter style that has potential of being a second round pick that was stolen via Sean Lee style.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably be the best thing for him to start as a situational guy and hopefully if all goes well he becomes a 3 down guy by year end. But let's ease him into things.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchens was pretty good going down the stretch last year. He's been drawing a lot of praise through OTAs and the first few days of camp. Seems like Hitchens is taking a step forward. I'm cautiously optimistic about Smith, but he's going to have to play pretty damn well to outplay Hitchens going forward I think.
Watching Bradie James for so many years has given many Cowboy fans a low standard for what is good MLB play. Hitchens can't cover good TEs and he gets lost on a lot of running plays. Because we don't have a great MLB, we have to put Byron Jones on good TEs so often which keeps him from being able to roam and make plays as much as a FS should. Byron Jones is too small to guard these bigger and fast TEs which is why you see teams test him a lot when he's on a TE. We need a big monster at MLB that can run fast and be physical with the best TEs in the game. Hitchens is just serviceable and nothing more.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Bradie James for so many years has given many Cowboy fans a low standard for what is good MLB play. Hitchens can't cover good TEs and he gets lost on a lot of running plays. Because we don't have a great MLB, we have to put Byron Jones on good TEs so often which keeps him from being able to roam and make plays as much as a FS should. Byron Jones is too small to guard these bigger and fast TEs which is why you see teams test him a lot when he's on a TE. We need a big monster at MLB that can run fast and be physical with the best TEs in the game. Hitchens is just serviceable and nothing more.

Hitchens is still on his rookie contract, you don't allow for growth?

Your Bradie James comment - weak attempt at a low key insult, just weak. You can do better. Dallas has had great MLB play as recent as 2014 with Rolando McClain, or any time Sean lee has played the position. If you think Smith, a rookie with a pretty significant health issue, is going to come in and just take a 4th year player's spot in the starting lineup - well we will see about that. Hitchens isn't a world beater, but we can do a lot worse at the position. He's better than Bradie James, who didn't have a prayer when in coverage.

I think some of you guys are going to be in for a reality check when Smith isn't the savior you all seem to think he's ready to be. Don't be surprised if Hitchens is the more effective player this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of us will be in for a reality check, not sure who that will be at this time.
I still think as I said on page 4 or 5....Just seems to be optimistic or pessimistic July views to me. This guy is a player!!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike dirt. I am not coming to troll.

It is good to hear a ND stud like Jaylon now doing what he was put on this earth to go

Ill see myself out

i-ll-see-myself-out-o.gif

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your Bradie James comment - weak attempt at a low key insult, just weak. You can do better. Dallas has had great MLB play as recent as 2014 with Rolando McClain, or any time Sean lee has played the position. If you think Smith, a rookie with a pretty significant health issue, is going to come in and just take a 4th year player's spot in the starting lineup - well we will see about that. Hitchens isn't a world beater, but we can do a lot worse at the position. He's better than Bradie James, who didn't have a prayer when in coverage.

I think some of you guys are going to be in for a reality check when Smith isn't the savior you all seem to think he's ready to be. Don't be surprised if Hitchens is the more effective player this year.

That wasn't an insult. James is the most stable MLB or ILB Cowboy fans have seen in the past 10 years. That was my point. I've already forgotten McClain as our MLB because he played so few games and pretty much showed no passion for the game.

And I don't know what Jaylon will do. Hard to say what he will be at this point. I just disagree about Hitchens up to this point. He can still get better, but I just disagree about him being all that last year. We need a rangy athletic and speedy MLB in the Cover 2, not someone with the limitations that Hitchens has. Like I said, he is just serviceable. The hope is that Jaylon becomes what we need him to be so we can have that kind of rangy, athletic MLB that this team desperately needs. I didn't say he was gonna be any kind of savior. I just hope the guy can develop into a great player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradie James??? My bar is Sean Lee at MLB. Bradie James is way in rearview mirror:noidea:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not consider Rolando Mcclain's play as great. Dallas has not seen great middle linebacker play for a long time IMO.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon has really improved over the past 6 months. He could be the starter week 1. If he does not start he should still be involved. He showed off his speed yesterday. He is on his way back it appears.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not consider Rolando Mcclain's play as great. Dallas has not seen great middle linebacker play for a long time IMO.

In 2014 McClain played great when on the field, IMO. He missed a good amount of time with little nicks and dings, even within games he would miss snaps, but he was extremely effective on the field. 2015 was a different story.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014 McClain played great when on the field, IMO. He missed a good amount of time with little nicks and dings, even within games he would miss snaps, but he was extremely effective on the field. 2015 was a different story.
I guess we differ on greatness. Lawrence Taylor played great. McClain played good at times. Never great IMO.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we differ on greatness. Lawrence Taylor played great. McClain played good at times. Never great IMO.

If you don't want to call McClain's play great, that's fair. I admit it's a little bit of a stretch, but he was very good that year.

Lawrence Taylor's play wasn't great, either. It was otherworldly.