• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...after reading everyone else's thoughts maybe I need to watch again. I didn't see a limp, a hitch or a problem moving laterally. Maybe it was just me:scratch: Either way I was ecstatic with what i saw and remember it should get better each week.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...after reading everyone else's thoughts maybe I need to watch again. I didn't see a limp, a hitch or a problem moving laterally. Maybe it was just me:scratch: Either way I was ecstatic with what i saw and remember it should get better each week.
Maybe I was looking to hard but he to me he looked like he ran like Witten.
Might be the brace might be trying to protect himself from injury. Doesn't matter because he played pretty well for his first game in nearly two years.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the limp. That's just what the half time people said. I thought he looked fine.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure limp is the right term, but he wasn't at full speed, which should be expected since his nerve is still an issue. Having said that, he was still faster than most LB's playing.

may not start week one, but he'll be in the mix. Bigger question might be if a back up LB plays special teams, which they almost certainly do. I wouldn't but it will be interesting to see what the team elects to do.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just really happy to see him on the field

if Jaylen can be half the player that 54 is famous for on the Cowboys he would have a pretty good career :suds:

I wish him all the success in the world

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just really happy to see him on the field

if Jaylen can be half the player that 54 is famous for on the Cowboys he would have a pretty good career :suds:

I wish him all the success in the world

I gave you a thumbs up, but this deserves multiple thumbs ups

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you a thumbs up, but this deserves multiple thumbs ups

Ty very much

Randy White is one of my all-time favorite cowboys

A story he told about when he held out way back when. Upon arrival with his new contract
He told the press the fish stopped biting so it was time to play football. Tex Schramn said them were expensive fish. circa 1984

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Hitchens injury just wiped out any chance to ease Smith into the lineup slowly. He is going to be full bore from week 1 and maybe even a 3 down guy from the get go. If Hitchens is out for the year I see very little chance he ever starts at MLB again as Smith is just going to get better and better and if he stays healthy he is going to be a 10 year starter. What bothered me most was after Hitchens went down Wilson was still on the field in the 4th Qtr. I'm probably higher on Hitchens than most, but If Wilson avoids a suspension this is something we can overcome as we still have 3 really good LBs but our depth is going to be tested now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • With Anthony Hitchens not practicing due to a knee injury that will sideline him approximately eight weeks, Jaylon Smith got first-team reps at middle linebacker coming off his second preseason appearance this past Saturday. Veteran Justin Durant, though, is the likely replacement for Hitchens when the season starts while the Cowboys continue to be deliberate with Smith’s return from a 2016 knee injury.
We know Smith obviously wasn't going to start week 1 if the other 3 LBs were all playing, which is why a lot of us felt it would be a while before we saw him be "Jaylon Smith", but reading the bolded makes me wanna go:gaah:

My :2cents: says even if he doesn't start week 1, he likely starts week 2 and really likely starts week 3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to sound a little better. I don't care who gets his name announced Sunday Night as long as Jaylon plays more than Durant...unless he has a set back or needs a little break

Jaylon Smith - LB - Cowboys
With LB Anthony Hitchens sidelined with a knee injury, Jerry Jones said the Cowboys will take an "accelerated approach" with Jaylon Smith.

Hitchens will undergo a scope to assess the damage in his knee and is out indefinitely. That means "more snaps" for Smith "right off the bat," according to Jones. Smith has played well this preseason, but it would be foolish to put his long-term future at risk by rushing him early in the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I could deal with this more than the idea of Durant being the annointed "starter". Get Smith on the field for at least half of the plays right off the bat and then let his health/play decide whether he gets more or not and keep his responsibilities a little simpler for the start until he has shown to deserve more. I'm glad they have Durant here, but at the same time he is average at best so Smith should be able to earn more snaps from him even if he isn't healthy. Now that Hitchens isn't out for the year: If Smith hasn't proven to be ready to be a FT player when Hitchens gets back then he rotates in and waits until next year to be "the man". But if he proves to be healthy and ready (week 1 or week 8) they need to release the reigns and let him go play Football. This team needs play makers on defense.

When Jerry Jones spoke on his weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan, he talked about Jaylon Smith and Justin Durant as one player while filling in for Anthony Hitchens. I believe that we're going to see Smith on early downs and Durant on passing or nickel situations. At this moment, Durant is a better cover man than Smith -- and by that I am talking about awareness. Durant has a feel for where he needs to be in coverage and a great example of that was when he was waiting on Noah Brown on a crossing route. Durant had an idea that he was going to get Brown underneath by the bunch formation the offense was in. Once Brown crossed, all Durant had to do was step up and knock the pass from Cooper Rush away. It's these types of plays that lead me to believe this is going to be how they play the Mike linebacker spot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thoughts from a doctor on OBJ for this week, Jaylon Smith recovery in general and Jordan Reed's fractured toe. He hasn't actually examined any of them so it's just speculation, but still interesting thoughts.

Odell Beckham will be limited (at best) in season opener

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed with smith on sunday. He delivered a 3 or 4 good hit's Sunday and caused a fumble. Too bad it did not count. He did better than I expected. Blame the giants bad runnING game on their OL all you want but the Lee /smith combo looked awesome. They were suffocating in the middle.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed with smith on sunday. He delivered a 3 or 4 good hit's Sunday and caused a fumble. Too bad it did not count. He did better than I expected. Blame the giants bad runnING game on their OL all you want but the Lee /smith combo looked awesome. They were suffocating in the middle.
Smith will be better when he's closer tom 100% but he's playing better than expected.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is obviously playing better every week, but he has the double whammy of playing beside Sean Lee, who is as smart a linebacker as there is in the NFL. If he stays healthy, he will be a Pro Bowler by next season. Mark that tape

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is obviously playing better every week, but he has the double whammy of playing beside Sean Lee, who is as smart a linebacker as there is in the NFL. If he stays healthy, he will be a Pro Bowler by next season. Mark that tape
I agree. It looks like he is getting better each week which possibly means that nerve has not stopped healing. That play he made on shepherd reminded me of how he looked at Notre Dame.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the violent tackles he makes.:heh:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP....can't teach speed

OH and players are better when their 100& as apposed to be at 80%.
LMFAO at that wisdom. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: