• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith ended practice today with a sack. Big day for Nolan Carroll - 2 picks. Need Awuzie to get back out there

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He channeled some inner Bradie James during the game on a couple of run plays but that's to be expected considering how long it's been since he played in a football game. But I loved what I saw from him. It's hard to think that he's that fast and still not even 100% yet. Fingers crossed that we get this guy at full speed and healthy cause he could be something special.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He channeled some inner Bradie James during the game on a couple of run plays but that's to be expected considering how long it's been since he played in a football game. But I loved what I saw from him. It's hard to think that he's that fast and still not even 100% yet. Fingers crossed that we get this guy at full speed and healthy cause he could be something special.
Yeah, he looked like a rookie, but you could see the speed and hitting ability. If he stays healthy, he's gonna be something.
On another front...those talking heads wanting a soph slump from Dak...Total control, flat out star QB

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he looked like a rookie, but you could see the speed and hitting ability. If he stays healthy, he's gonna be something.
On another front...those talking heads wanting a soph slump from Dak...Total control, flat out star QB

Dak better look over his shoulder, Cooper Rush is coming for the top spot!

Rush looks like trade bait in a year or two if he keeps this up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak better look over his shoulder, Cooper Rush is coming for the top spot!

Rush looks like trade bait in a year or two if he keeps this up.
Nice story, but a #3 at best IMO. He has a lollipop arm, and won't be able to compete against #1's. Youtube has all his throws from the preseason on one video, rewatch him against the Cards. That's a weak arm

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stand pat on my stated opinions of Jaylon Smith and all he'll be this season.

I also think the oline is going to be fine barring injuries.

Lastly....Cooper Rush is doing a heck of a job with his given opportunities.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic here but seriously how bad are the damn Colts? I know they were missing Luck and Hilton, but man they looked bad. I like the CB that Dez scored on, but there isn't much else on that team

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice story, but a #3 at best IMO. He has a lollipop arm, and won't be able to compete against #1's. Youtube has all his throws from the preseason on one video, rewatch him against the Cards. That's a weak arm

I'm obviously joking when it comes to Dak.

Rush looks like he has the makings of a serviceable back up QB, and I disagree about his arm. Given the way teams with QB troubles throw away picks for young QBs with any promise at all, if Rush keeps up his current trajectory and Dallas manages his exposure well over the next year or two, there is plenty of precedence of teams giving up mid round (3-5) picks for young QBs like that. Too early to say anything with any certainty, but Rush has shown himself very well.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm obviously joking when it comes to Dak.

Rush looks like he has the makings of a serviceable back up QB, and I disagree about his arm. Given the way teams with QB troubles throw away picks for young QBs with any promise at all, if Rush keeps up his current trajectory and Dallas manages his exposure well over the next year or two, there is plenty of precedence of teams giving up mid round (3-5) picks for young QBs like that. Too early to say anything with any certainty, but Rush has shown himself very well.

I hate to say it but it almost seems like a mistake that they played him last night. How can u sneak him on the practice squad now.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but it almost seems like a mistake that they played him last night. How can u sneak him on the practice squad now.
I guess they never should have played Gathers either then?
I'm of the thought we need to see them in game situtions too.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they never should have played Gathers either then?
I'm of the thought we need to see them in game situtions too.

I saw him the first two weeks. Now it forces a decision - Do you keep 3 Qbs??. Do you cut Moore and go with an undrafted Rookie as the backup.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him the first two weeks. Now it forces a decision - Do you keep 3 Qbs??. Do you cut Moore and go with an undrafted Rookie as the backup.
I think he had shown enough to have teams looking at him as a possible roster spot before yesterday. In fact I dont think yesterday brought any extra NFL eyes.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Smith. I liked what I saw, but he looked like he ran a little choppy.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be cautious with Smith. He is definitely not 100%, but it was nice to see how much he has progressed.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The halftime people- Carr and McGinnest - said they noticed him limping. I didn't see that. They did show him over run a play or two and he couldn't change directions well

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The halftime people- Carr and McGinnest - said they noticed him limping. I didn't see that. They did show him over run a play or two and he couldn't change directions well

I wouldn't call it a limp, but to me it looks like Smith has a little hitch in his giddyup. I notice it most when he is slowing down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That's pretty funny. But please don't ever use Bradie James name and Smith again, you'll curse him!!!

I think the announcers made a little more out of the bad angles than they really were. The first one he comes around the edge and the guy cuts in on him. He basically tries a one armed flail but little chance he can make that play. It would have been a bad play if he let the guy get to the outside, but no big deal. It was a split second from a great play. The second one he may have picked a little too early because of being overaggressive. But again, not horrible. IMO the fact that he played, started, played so many snaps and looked fine was all that mattered. This was an absolutely HUGE hurdle. Can't wait to watch him again. I don't know about the rest of you but I could not even tell which foot/leg was the issue watching him. The future is bright for him and now it looks like week 1 could be an option. I'm still guessing he won't start week 1, but it doesn't matter as long as he is in the rotation and it certainly looks like he can start if rod goes that route. I see 4 very good LBs on this team.