• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting read on why Holgs should be failing...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we all know who that's going to be...in your mind. Who is out there? Do you think he'll pluck somebody from Saban's staff? Maybe No Balls Lyons will get that OC from Bama!!!!!! Oh boy!!!!
Lyons has a ton of contacts from his time at Alabama and the ACC, could be a number of coaches should he have to make a move ( hey great if he doesn't). He will have the money to do it because he didn't fire Dana too soon and WVU is making the full Big12 cut now financially.
Personally if a change is made I hope it's Doc with Seider at his side, I think those two could sell WVU like few other coaches can. Hey just recruiting a QB that could start would be a step in the right direction.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Grier agrees...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transfer that may or may not be able to play without PEDs...

Transfer isn't recruited? LOL!

A true WVU fan would ridicule a kid wanting to play for WVU with an inference he took a real PED.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons has a ton of contacts from his time at Alabama and the ACC, could be a number of coaches should he have to make a move ( hey great if he doesn't). He will have the money to do it because he didn't fire Dana too soon and WVU is making the full Big12 cut now financially.
Personally if a change is made I hope it's Doc with Seider at his side, I think those two could sell WVU like few other coaches can. Hey just recruiting a QB that could start would be a step in the right direction.

So in your mind you believe No Balls will be able to pull a HC from an ACC or SEC team? Goodl luck with that. Or are you looking for another assistant to come in and fill the role? Some body like Lane Kiffin who I still haven't figured out how he got on and remains at 'Bama.

As for Doc, he'll sell the program alright. Sell us right down the Mon. Are you starting to crayfish by saying you'd be fine if there was no coaching change? What gives?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your mind you believe No Balls will be able to pull a HC from an ACC or SEC team? Goodl luck with that. Or are you looking for another assistant to come in and fill the role? Some body like Lane Kiffin who I still haven't figured out how he got on and remains at 'Bama.

As for Doc, he'll sell the program alright. Sell us right down the Mon. Are you starting to crayfish by saying you'd be fine if there was no coaching change? What gives?
Was thinking more along the lines of adminisrators ect. But he may be able to do that if the fit/relationship is right.
Not, not crawdaddin, personally I don't think Dana has what it takes to ever reach more than 7-8 wins but at the end of the day I want WVU to win big so he can feel free to shut me up at any time. That said, he is what he is until he isn't.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transfer isn't recruited? LOL!

A true WVU fan would ridicule a kid wanting to play for WVU with an inference he took a real PED.
Please list the QB's that have started under Holgorsen that didn't come off of another programs scrap heap.
The kid has thrown as many TDs for WVU as you and I have, I'll believe it if/when I see it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please list the QB's that have started under Holgorsen that didn't come off of another programs scrap heap.
The kid has thrown as many TDs for WVU as you and I have, I'll believe it if/when I see it.

You make a great point! Baker Mayfield thinks your full of shit though. Jake Coker said to kiss his NC ring after you get done kissing his ass!

I agree with you regarding Grier though. If Dana is fired after this season, I don't think we'll see him play for the old gold and blue. He'll take a graduate transfer to a school that will exploit his talent.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically you have to give him year 1 as a pass so really 4 years..since he was thrown into the job after the Stewart Debacle..
Then you must have given EVERY coach who was ever hired a year one pass, almost all coaching changes are a debacle to some degree. Quit with the excuses.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking more along the lines of adminisrators ect. But he may be able to do that if the fit/relationship is right.
Not, not crawdaddin, personally I don't think Dana has what it takes to ever reach more than 7-8 wins but at the end of the day I want WVU to win big so he can feel free to shut me up at any time. That said, he is what he is until he isn't.
So let me understand. Your thoughts are along the lines that No Balls has a conduit into the ACC since he worked within the confines of that conference. However, this is the same conference who did not include WVU into their expansion plans. Never. But they may choose to help him with an up and coming coach. May be possible. I'm not holding my breath.

You state that Dana is what he is until he isn't who will be incapable of ever winning more than 7-8 games. Are you stating that this 5 year HC should be at the level of the as say a Swoops, Snyder, or Gundy? I believe Charlie Strong has a year more of HC experience, but that doesn't seem to assist him although he is at 1of the 2 conference flagship schools and also in the middle of a hotbed of talent for recruits. I just don't see your, Dad's, and now Obj's thoughts of running new coaches through here every 5 years. The position is already challenged bringing in recruits and established as a possible stepping stone spot for HCs. Poppy has a different agenda than yours, at least that is what I believe. Obj doesn't really care about the program since he is aligned with Ohio State, which is a bitching topic for Poppy. As Slaton said, I can't go for a revolving door mentality here. We just don't have that program. We almost had it in RR, but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe No Balls will bring RR back which would be a interesting and ballsy move. I would have to stop calling him No Balls if that happened or if he fired Huggins.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, BGSU beating Purdue and 'Cuse is a bigger deal than WVU beating Alabama would be.
I was at Mountaineer Field to see WVU lose to a 4 win Purdue team. FYI, Don Nehlen coached that game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you must have given EVERY coach who was ever hired a year one pass, almost all coaching changes are a debacle to some degree. Quit with the excuses.

No...its not the same..being hired as the OC/Coach in waiting...and in 4 weeks time your the HC...in most coaching changes I have yet to see that ....ever.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Ok...

My bad if I made the wrong assumption your a PITT fan..but by the looks of it..you're certainly not on the Blue and Gold Bandwagon..

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad if I made the wrong assumption your a PITT fan..but by the looks of it..you're certainly not on the Blue and Gold Bandwagon..

The only time I'd ever cheer against the Mountaineers, is they were playing OSU (like in '98)

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...its not the same..being hired as the OC/Coach in waiting...and in 4 weeks time your the HC...in most coaching changes I have yet to see that ....ever.
Then he got an extra year of experience that he learned nothing from. The excuses are getting old. The guy has had five years and has done NOTHING once he got his own players. I laugh my ass off at the idiots who yelled bare cupboard, the only good season Holgorsen had was with Stewart's players and half his coaches......

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Stew couldn't get the same production out of the same players.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stew couldn't even win with Rich's players.