• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting read on why Holgs should be failing...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought Phil Steele's magazine the other day, it says WVU will be trending down this year, he doesn't always hit the mark, but is usually pretty good. Yes, BGSU played lesser teams for guaranteed wins, as do all schools, Baylor is the master of it. At the end of the day, Holgorsen is Holgorsen, he is not Nick Saban and never will be. The comments about unrealistic expectations are ridiculous, why shouldn't we expect and demand greatness? Why are the people on here who called for Stewart's firing because he couldn't get over the hump now staunchly in favor of Holgorsen?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations need to be held in check at a place like WVU...

Kind of mirrors the nature of the thread... Don't it?

Delusional fucking WVU fans...
Yea expectations have to be held in check I mean after all we aint Kansas or Baylor or Kansas State, WVU will never be at that elite level ( they have all had very good seasons at one time in the Big12) complete delusion...:crazy:

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who wants to compare Dana to one of the best coaches of all time. And another who is listed among the elite college coaches for the past 10 years. Yep... pretty delusional fucking fans...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, I'm not.

As I said, Holgersen is not a good (enough) head coach. The WVU football program is simply spinning its wheels as long as he is present. What you've seen is what you'll get.

Not sure if a spinning wheel isn't better than a revolving door??:scratch:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It don't matter if them coaches are going anywhere. Jesus Christ... The floods go to your freakin' brain?

If you've been the HC of your program for awhile, you have been able to mold the program in your image... Recruit the kids for your scheme, and hire the guys who match your personality. Dana has had 5 years to get settled into his position of authority... To set his vision for his program. The coaches you compared him to have been at their respective schools since my youngest was in pull-ups...

Dana obviously made mistakes in hiring some of his coaches after Casteel and his staff left for the desert. Looks like Jeff and company made a mistake in reconnecting with Rich! LOL!

Dana had a pretty damn nice staff last year. He saw some of his coaches leave in the past couple of years because of promotions. Unfortunately, our AD fucked Dana last winter... and we lost a great CB coach.

Them ain't excuses... them facts...

Technically you have to give him year 1 as a pass so really 4 years..since he was thrown into the job after the Stewart Debacle..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter. Since Stewart wasn't given a chance, although he fit all of Poppy's criteria, Dana should be treated the same. Wasn't being a former HC in a minor conference important in Poppy's World? You just don't take a potential HC and groom him at the big boy level.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new coach/program 5 yrs later is a revolving door??

2 coaches in 8 years doesn't show stability. Stewart took over in 2008, Dana in 2011.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 coaches in 8 years doesn't show stability. Stewart took over in 2008, Dana in 2011.

Stewart took over in 2008 when fraud left WVU high and dry. He was already up in age, and was more or less a stop-gap, its not like he was going to be the Mountaineers' head coach for the next 20 yrs

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart took over in 2008 when fraud left WVU high and dry. He was already up in age, and was more or less a stop-gap, its not like he was going to be the Mountaineers' head coach for the next 20 yrs

Don't say that to some on this board. If Pastilong was still AD, it would be a good bet that Stewart would still be in play. Luck made the Dana hire and made him a coach in waiting so he could be tutored by Stew. Bad move in my opinion, especially when Stew attempted to find dirt on Dana and Stew was shown the door earlier than expected. Not sure who people on this board expects our new AD to pull in that would do a better job right now. Dana has erased most of the complaints that Posters have so now he is a terrible coach because of losses to KSU and Iowa State, hasn't won the Big 12 yet, hasn't won a NC. IMO, he has shown progress over the years. Some don't.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who wants to compare Dana to one of the best coaches of all time. And another who is listed among the elite college coaches for the past 10 years. Yep... pretty delusional fucking fans...
Watch Mr. Lyons, he has given Dana enough rope to either hang himself or swing to another level.
If he has to hire a new coach then it's going to be one that can get WVU to the next level.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new coach/program 5 yrs later is a revolving door??

At a school like WVU?

Maybe some Pitt fans would agree with you though...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Mr. Lyons, he has given Dana enough rope to either hang himself or swing to another level.
If he has to hire a new coach then it's going to be one that can get WVU to the next level.

Mr Lyons has only made himself into an Eddie P clone. Nothing more.

Lyons didn't have the balls to fire Dana after last year. His short sightedness will cost the football program multi-million dollar losses over the next 5 years. Could work out to be an extended period. Simply look at Pitt football for proof. Look at my Avatar as proof. It is a real life picture of a real life Pitt game.

Lyons has no experience hiring a coach capable of taking WVU to the next level.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a school like WVU?

Maybe some Pitt fans would agree with you though...

I could care less about what pitt fans think. I'm not a pitt fan, just to be clear

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Lyons has only made himself into an Eddie P clone. Nothing more.

Lyons didn't have the balls to fire Dana after last year. His short sightedness will cost the football program multi-million dollar losses over the next 5 years. Could work out to be an extended period. Simply look at Pitt football for proof. Look at my Avatar as proof. It is a real life picture of a real life Pitt game.

Lyons has no experience hiring a coach capable of taking WVU to the next level.

Okay. So then get a new AD with a sack and some gumption, to do what must be done. What's your next excuse?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about what pitt fans think. I'm not a pitt fan, just to be clear

No one said you were. Are you a WVU fan?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. So then get a new AD with a sack and some gumption, to do what must be done. What's your next excuse?

No one is making excuses here. I hate the WVU AD, but I cannot fire him. You ain't too swift...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said you were. Are you a WVU fan?

I technically count them as my 2nd favorite college team, behind the Buckeyes

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is making excuses here. I hate the WVU AD, but I cannot fire him. You ain't too swift...

Lol relax, just breakin' your balls

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we all know who that's going to be...in your mind. Who is out there? Do you think he'll pluck somebody from Saban's staff? Maybe No Balls Lyons will get that OC from Bama!!!!!! Oh boy!!!!