• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting read on why Holgs should be failing...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it lame to say BGSU beating Purdue is a huge deal? Purdue has a better football pedigree than WVU has, would you view it as no big deal if WVU lost to BGSU?
Winsipedia - West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Purdue Boilermakers football series history

Purdue has a better football pedigree? How are you coming to this conclusion?

Winsipedia - Purdue Boilermakers vs. Bowling Green Falcons football series history

This actually proves that beating Purdue is really not that big of deal at Bowling Green lol

Cool website

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of interest... how does this work? Pitt fan cruises the site looking for recent post activity... hit the thread, post some stupid shit... and another Pitt fan chases following the scent of Ass?

You holgersen's wife? Relax, just accept he sucks ass

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to the 53 minute mark.

"You have no business screaming!"

The HOF HC pouring piss on our stupid fans...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years have each of those coaches been the HC of their respective schools? You want to try to compare Dana being at WVU for 5 years to coaches who've been in these programs for 10+ years at a minimum? Gundy has been up and down.

We'll see how Patterson's team fares now that his playmaker at QB and WR are gone. It was easy for Rich to look like a big winner when he had Pat White making plays out of nothing. Same for Boykin... he made Patterson look pretty damn good.

Bill Snyder is one of the best HC's who've ever been. Fair comparison to say the least...

Doesn't matter how long they have been there, doesn't matter what Don Nehlen did or RichRod did or Bobby Bowden or anyone else did, none of them were in the Big12.
Its 2016, we compete in the Big12 against those coaches no matter how long they have been at their respective programs and we have a 4 year sample size that shows that Dana can finish 5th and that is with terrible teams like Iowa State, KU (which he managed to lose to both) currently a garbage Texas program, the other new program to the Big12 TCU. Most programs in todays CFB environment get 3 yeas to show what they can do, this will be Dana's 5th in the Big12.
He has a loaded offense (his specialty) with a senior QB and a full roster of his recruits, a Baylor program (that has been a strong contender the last few years) in disarray with a new coach, Iowa State with a new coach,KU who will be subpar again this year, TCU who will be breaking in a new QB and WR like you say BYU who has a new coach, Mizzu has new coach, OU at home....

Its all lined up, excuses over. put up or shut up time is upon us.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It does. Does your hard-on for holgersen ever go away?

How would you know if I'm hard right now? You some kind of faggot? You checking me out fag boy?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you know if I'm hard right now? You some kind of faggot? You checking me out fag boy?

Says the guy who originally asked me about my erection

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how long they have been there, doesn't matter what Don Nehlen did or RichRod did or Bobby Bowden or anyone else did, none of them were in the Big12.
Its 2016, we compete in the Big12 against those coaches no matter how long they have been at their respective programs and we have a 4 year sample size that shows that Dana can finish 5th and that is with terrible teams like Iowa State, KU (which he managed to lose to both) currently a garbage Texas program, the other new program to the Big12 TCU. Most programs in todays CFB environment get 3 yeas to show what they can do, this will be Dana's 5th in the Big12.
He has a loaded offense (his specialty) with a senior QB and a full roster of his recruits, a Baylor program (that has been a strong contender the last few years) in disarray with a new coach, Iowa State with a new coach,KU who will be subpar again this year, TCU who will be breaking in a new QB and WR like you say BYU who has a new coach, Mizzu has new coach, OU at home....

Its all lined up, excuses over. put up or shut up time is upon us.

It doesn't matter how long a coach has been coaching at his current school? That has to be one of your dumbest comments... ever! Congrats Man! Peeps around me in the waiting room are looking at me strangely because I am laughing at the screen of my iPad!

Last year, WVU faced 4 opponents in the conference which were year end top 25 ranked. In '14, WVU faced its hardest schedule of the regular season in the history of its program. It went toe to toe against 3 teams finishing in the top 10, and another just outside of it.

Take your garbage remarks to the curb...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who originally asked me about my erection

Yep... I'm looking to hook up. I like fags with 4 hour erections for WVU boards. You up?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... I'm looking to hook up. I like fags with 4 hour erections for WVU boards. You up?

No sir, I'm not.

As I said, Holgersen is not a good (enough) head coach. The WVU football program is simply spinning its wheels as long as he is present. What you've seen is what you'll get.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how long a coach has been coaching at his current school? That has to be one of your dumbest comments... ever! Congrats Man! Peeps around me in the waiting room are looking at me strangely because I am laughing at the screen of my iPad!

Last year, WVU faced 4 opponents in the conference which were year end top 25 ranked. In '14, WVU faced its hardest schedule of the regular season in the history of its program. It went toe to toe against 3 teams finishing in the top 10, and another just outside of it.

Take your garbage remarks to the curb...

You talkin to me about people laughing? You should see them laughing at me now that I've laughed my arse off reading your excuses.

No it doesn't matter, those coaches ain't going anywhere so you have to beat em. The only one that MIGHT be gone soon is Snyder so the options are:

A. Beat them and finish in the upper half/win the conference every 3-4 years or

B. Be replaced by someone of Mr. Lyons choice that can.

Welcome to big boy college football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talkin to me about people laughing? You should see them laughing at me now that I've laughed my arse off reading your excuses.

No it doesn't matter, those coaches ain't going anywhere so you have to beat em. The only one that MIGHT be gone soon is Snyder so the options are:

A. Beat them and finish in the upper half/win the conference every 3-4 years or

B. Be replaced by someone of Mr. Lyons choice that can.

Welcome to big boy college football.

It don't matter if them coaches are going anywhere. Jesus Christ... The floods go to your freakin' brain?

If you've been the HC of your program for awhile, you have been able to mold the program in your image... Recruit the kids for your scheme, and hire the guys who match your personality. Dana has had 5 years to get settled into his position of authority... To set his vision for his program. The coaches you compared him to have been at their respective schools since my youngest was in pull-ups...

Dana obviously made mistakes in hiring some of his coaches after Casteel and his staff left for the desert. Looks like Jeff and company made a mistake in reconnecting with Rich! LOL!

Dana had a pretty damn nice staff last year. He saw some of his coaches leave in the past couple of years because of promotions. Unfortunately, our AD fucked Dana last winter... and we lost a great CB coach.

Them ain't excuses... them facts...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, I'm not.

As I said, Holgersen is not a good (enough) head coach. The WVU football program is simply spinning its wheels as long as he is present. What you've seen is what you'll get.

Man... I get more and more excited about you every time I see you've posted.

You be lying to me? I think you got one of them 4 hour chubs going...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football coaches on the hot seat in 2016.

8. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia. Athletic director Shane Lyons, who replaced Oliver Luck in 2015, did not hire Holgorsen. Last December, after a 7-5 regular season, Holgorsen was given a vote of confidence by Lyons that stated he would return in 2016. However, his contract lasts through only 2017, and February reports indicated that negotiations for an extension had hit a wall, with Holgorsen apparently turning down an offer. For the appearances of stability in recruiting, coaches rarely work under two-year contracts.

Expectations need to be held in check at a place like West Virginia. The Mountaineers did make a leap from the Big East to the Big 12, and they ultimately finished 8-5 last season, with four of the losses coming to ranked teams. Holgorsen is 36-28 in five seasons but just 21-25 in the last three and a half years after a 5-0 start in 2012. The good news is that the Mountaineers have improved each of the last two years after bottoming out at 4-8 in 2013, and the offense has plenty of potential this year with most of the key contributors back. West Virginia needs QB Skyler Howard to take a step forward as a senior, and it will need a lot from defensive coordinator Tony Gibson with only three starters returning on that side of the ball.

Barring a significant step forward, it's hard to be too optimistic about Holgorsen's future in Morgantown, given the contract situation.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations need to be held in check at a place like WVU...

Kind of mirrors the nature of the thread... Don't it?

Delusional fucking WVU fans...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I get more and more excited about you every time I see you've posted.

You be lying to me? I think you got one of them 4 hour chubs going...

Well, you just said YOU'RE the one excited, methinks you might need to simply look down if you're hunting for "chubs". By the way, sweet link you posted, from Sportsonearth.com, which is owned/maintained by MLB Media, Inc. Do you even know how to internet, bro?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, BGSU aint Alabama or Ohio State, you forget also that Nehlen left HC at BGSU and learned a little bit from Bo, one of the greats. Dig all you want, he never PLAYED more than 11 games at BGSU, most years there were 9 or 10 games. Credible wins at BGSU are not the same as credible wins here, at BGSU credible wins include Toledo, Miami, Oh, etc. The shizza being spouted here are those who are making excuses for a lousy coach, while dumping piss on every single thing WVU had done prior to Luck coming, and everything that has happened since he bailed. By the way, BGSU beating Purdue and 'Cuse is a bigger deal than WVU beating Alabama would be.

I don't disagree the fact he came from a great coaching bloodline...but DH's path is similar in a weird sort of way as Nehlen's...Mummy, Leach, Sumlin and Gundy for the modern offense's run today is fair to say are pretty respected.. And I am not saying beating Purdue wasn't a good win, you alluded to several wins against Big10 teams..but out of the Toledo and Miami games he was playing against the likes of Xavier ( Who knew they even had a football team), Dayton and the Kent States of the world...throw Texas Arlington in there!

I don't think anyone is dumping piss on Wv history..It's just the banter, but trying to use that history to benchmark current success, its just not reasonable..