• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting read on why Holgs should be failing...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to forget how he used Pat White. You brought back all those memories.

Sorry dude! When I read someone was laughing their ass off at the fact Dana inherited a bare cupboard, I found myself questioning its validity. Stew was the one who proved he couldn't coach Rich's players.

Dana's cupboard was so bare, he was forced to play with the youngest football team in the country in 2013. He had to bring in something like 20 JUCO's and transfers after the '12 season just to field a team capable of making through the season with any depth. Stewart had not recruited any QB's behind Smith... Nor WR's... Nor DL... Nor CB's.

Dana has had to actually build a program in Morgantown as a result of the mess Eddie created.

Now... it looks like Shane is ready to create an even bigger mess...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking more along the lines of adminisrators ect. But he may be able to do that if the fit/relationship is right.
Not, not crawdaddin, personally I don't think Dana has what it takes to ever reach more than 7-8 wins but at the end of the day I want WVU to win big so he can feel free to shut me up at any time. That said, he is what he is until he isn't.

I think that is a fair comment to make....I am in agreement its year 5 but Shane Lyon's ain't making the environment any easier...and in the business they are in whether a guy is on the hot seat or not a recruit shouldn't be able to read that there is nothing but harmony in Morgantown..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude! When I read someone was laughing their ass off at the fact Dana inherited a bare cupboard, I found myself questioning its validity. Stew was the one who proved he couldn't coach Rich's players.

Dana's cupboard was so bare, he was forced to play with the youngest football team in the country in 2013. He had to bring in something like 20 JUCO's and transfers after the '12 season just to field a team capable of making through the season with any depth. Stewart had not recruited any QB's behind Smith... Nor WR's... Nor DL... Nor CB's.

Dana has had to actually build a program in Morgantown as a result of the mess Eddie created.

Now... it looks like Shane is ready to create an even bigger mess...
You know these are all excuses, don't you. I thought it would be better if you heard it from me. Slaton, for some reason, will not tell you this.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is a fair comment to make....I am in agreement its year 5 but Shane Lyon's ain't making the environment any easier...and in the business they are in whether a guy is on the hot seat or not a recruit shouldn't be able to read that there is nothing but harmony in Morgantown..
How can you criticize the second coming of Eddie Pastilong. Shame....shame.....shame....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know these are all excuses, don't you. I thought it would be better if you heard it from me. Slaton, for some reason, will not tell you this.

True dat. Slaton acting like some kind of pussy running for elected office. Trying to be all polite and respectful.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat. Slaton acting like some kind of pussy running for elected office. Trying to be all polite and respectful.
Tragic! Simply tragic!

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he got an extra year of experience that he learned nothing from. The excuses are getting old. The guy has had five years and has done NOTHING once he got his own players. I laugh my ass off at the idiots who yelled bare cupboard, the only good season Holgorsen had was with Stewart's players and half his coaches......

I'm guessing the "only good season" that you're speaking of is probably our final year in the BE. Once again, I don't think it's fair to compare the BE to the Big XII. The conference competition got much tougher after that season so it's unfair to say that HCBS's recruits were better than DH's recruits when they were playing against subpar competition in the 2011 season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the "only good season" that you're speaking of is probably our final year in the BE. Once again, I don't think it's fair to compare the BE to the Big XII. The conference competition got much tougher after that season so it's unfair to say that HCBS's recruits were better than DH's recruits when they were playing against subpar competition in the 2011 season.
The B12 is NOT the SEC, since WVU has been in the B12, Kansas and IAST are still a joke, yet Holgorsen managed to lose to them. Texas is a shell of what they once were, KSU, TT, OSU arent exactly Alabama. Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU have been really good the past few years, but have certainly been vulnerable, if you remember, TCU came from a weaker league than WVU did, had one bad year in the B12 and has been on top since, the only difference between TCU and WVU is coaching.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about coaching. The dreadful state of Oklahoma produces shit talent and OU and Okie jr do just fine on their recruiting, but they also have two damn good head coaches. I thought Holgerson would do good at WVU. Not sure what the problem is.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma produces far more instate talent than WV.

There are plenty of excuses for why WVU hasn't excelled in the Big 12.

But, this is the truth right here...

Dana is not a HC, he's nothing but a glorified OC.
Dana cannot coach up talent.
Dana has players who quit on him.
Dana has poor game clock management.
Dana does not care about the defense.
Dana has poor ingame adjustments.
Dana has piss poor play calling.
Dana's teams are out of shape and fold at the end of the season.
Dana can't recruit a QB.
Joe DeForest can't coach.
Dana ran off Casteel and his staff. They were the best defensive staff ever... Ever...at WVU.
The players don't respect Dana. They actually call him Dana.
Dana's teams are poorly prepared and poorly coached.
Dana's teams are undisciplined.
Dana drinks too much... too much beer... too much Red Bull.
Dana wears black on the sidelines.
Dana doesn't represent WV well.
Dana hates the media.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B12 is NOT the SEC, since WVU has been in the B12, Kansas and IAST are still a joke, yet Holgorsen managed to lose to them. Texas is a shell of what they once were, KSU, TT, OSU arent exactly Alabama. Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU have been really good the past few years, but have certainly been vulnerable, if you remember, TCU came from a weaker league than WVU did, had one bad year in the B12 and has been on top since, the only difference between TCU and WVU is coaching.

Look at Patterson's record. He hasn't always been on top even in that weaker conference you refer to. While he has been doing well in the Big 12, he is due to go back to being an average coach again with 9-3 or 8-4 records. Look at his coaching trend since being a HC. This is your seasoned coach versus a 5 year HC.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Patterson's record. He hasn't always been on top even in that weaker conference you refer to. While he has been doing well in the Big 12, he is due to go back to being an average coach again with 9-3 or 8-4 records. Look at his coaching trend since being a HC. This is your seasoned coach versus a 5 year HC.

Boykin and Doctson... don't forget how great they can make a coach look.

Rich would agree...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma produces far more instate talent than WV.

There are plenty of excuses for why WVU hasn't excelled in the Big 12.

But, this is the truth right here...

Dana is not a HC, he's nothing but a glorified OC.
Dana cannot coach up talent.
Dana has players who quit on him.
Dana has poor game clock management.
Dana does not care about the defense.
Dana has poor ingame adjustments.
Dana has piss poor play calling.
Dana's teams are out of shape and fold at the end of the season.
Dana can't recruit a QB.
Joe DeForest can't coach.
Dana ran off Casteel and his staff. They were the best defensive staff ever... Ever...at WVU.
The players don't respect Dana. They actually call him Dana.
Dana's teams are poorly prepared and poorly coached.
Dana's teams are undisciplined.
Dana drinks too much... too much beer... too much Red Bull.
Dana wears black on the sidelines.
Dana doesn't represent WV well.
Dana hates the media.

Damn bb, I thought he silenced a majority of these excuses except the Red Bull and recruiting of a QB. My beer drinking has gone down as well, so I wouldn't use that as an excuse. I guess Patterson is the standard that we should measure ourselves to!?! Maybe No Balls will be able to get Patterson to come to WVU with all those connections he has. Maybe Gee will bring in Sweater Vest. He's been out of site, out of mind lately.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you keep referring to Holgs losing to ISU and Kansas, that was in the 2013 season. Go look at the roster and depth chart for that season. The majority were underclassmen, JUCO's, and graduate transfers that were forced into playing time because of the previous coaches inability to fill and/or keep his recruits. I'm not denying that HCBS recruited some excellent players but when they all graduated or left for the NFL following the 2012 season, who was left to fill their shoes? How can you blame losses on DH when he was left with a bare cupboard following the 2012 season? DH even said last summer that the 2015 season would be the first with a FULL roster of scholarship players since he had been there and was the first time that he felt somewhat comfortable to go full speed in practice without fear of someone getting hurt and having to play a true or RS freshman. Looking back at the results from the 2013 season, if anything, one could argue that we were a few tough breaks away from overachieving with close losses to OU, OSU, TT, KU, and ISU with a roster that stitched together with inexperience and lack of chemistry from JUCO's, underclassmen, and GT's.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you keep referring to Holgs losing to ISU and Kansas, that was in the 2013 season. Go look at the roster and depth chart for that season. The majority were underclassmen, JUCO's, and graduate transfers that were forced into playing time because of the previous coaches inability to fill and/or keep his recruits. I'm not denying that HCBS recruited some excellent players but when they all graduated or left for the NFL following the 2012 season, who was left to fill their shoes? How can you blame losses on DH when he was left with a bare cupboard following the 2012 season? DH even said last summer that the 2015 season would be the first with a FULL roster of scholarship players since he had been there and was the first time that he felt somewhat comfortable to go full speed in practice without fear of someone getting hurt and having to play a true or RS freshman. Looking back at the results from the 2013 season, if anything, one could argue that we were a few tough breaks away from overachieving with close losses to OU, OSU, TT, KU, and ISU with a roster that stitched together with inexperience and lack of chemistry from JUCO's, underclassmen, and GT's.
Again with the excuses and bare cupboard BS. That WVU loss to Kansas was one of the worst in school history, If you remember Kansas hadnt won a game against a 1A team in two years. A winning season and a bowl bid was on the line. WVU has better athletes sitting the bench than Kansas starters. Even worse was the home loss to IAST the next game, WVU just didnt even try. Holgorsen is a poor head coach, where is the fantastic QB play we were promised? What happened to the "high powered" offense? The fact that WVU beat a good OSU team and played toe to toe with OU and Texas says the talent was there to beat the likes of Kansas and IAST. Since joining the B12 WVU has never beaten KSU, a team built on JUCO players and transfers, so I don't think that JUCO players are the issue. Lack of chemistry is a HUGE issue, and chemistry starts with the HC, there has been a lack of chemistry in the WVU football team, what was a family of players with a can do attitude has turned into a disfunctional bunch of individuals, from HC to waterboy.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the excuses and bare cupboard BS. That WVU loss to Kansas was one of the worst in school history, If you remember Kansas hadnt won a game against a 1A team in two years. A winning season and a bowl bid was on the line. WVU has better athletes sitting the bench than Kansas starters. Even worse was the home loss to IAST the next game, WVU just didnt even try. Holgorsen is a poor head coach, where is the fantastic QB play we were promised? What happened to the "high powered" offense? The fact that WVU beat a good OSU team and played toe to toe with OU and Texas says the talent was there to beat the likes of Kansas and IAST. Since joining the B12 WVU has never beaten KSU, a team built on JUCO players and transfers, so I don't think that JUCO players are the issue. Lack of chemistry is a HUGE issue, and chemistry starts with the HC, there has been a lack of chemistry in the WVU football team, what was a family of players with a can do attitude has turned into a disfunctional bunch of individuals, from HC to waterboy.

Easy to pick apart a 4-8 season. I think you are once again tossing BS out there. You should go back and review that season versus what you posted.

Our record was 4-8, so we would probably not been in contention for a bowl game. The following week we lost to Iowa St in overtime. Everything said about a bare cupboard is a fact, although you fail to comprehend. Funny, I don't know the JUCO players attending WVU but you know Kansas St roster. Classic. Another one of your gems.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to pick apart a 4-8 season. I think you are once again tossing BS out there. You should go back and review that season versus what you posted.

Our record was 4-8, so we would probably not been in contention for a bowl game. The following week we lost to Iowa St in overtime. Everything said about a bare cupboard is a fact, although you fail to comprehend. Funny, I don't know the JUCO players attending WVU but you know Kansas St roster. Classic. Another one of your gems.
You are something else. WVU was 4-6 going into the Kansas game, win at Kansas and at home vs IAST , and WVU WOULD have gone to a bowl, nice try there.
Anyone who knows ANYTHING about college football knows that Snyder builds the KSU team around JUCO players.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some WVU fans have their heads stuck in the sand. How convenient...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are something else. WVU was 4-6 going into the Kansas game, win at Kansas and at home vs IAST , and WVU WOULD have gone to a bowl, nice try there.
Anyone who knows ANYTHING about college football knows that Snyder builds the KSU team around JUCO players.

I love when you talk like you know it all. Even IF we finished 6-6, there was no guarantee that we would have been invited to a bowl. There were 9 teams that had 6-6 records, 2 of the 9 had winning records (Western Michigan was 8-4 and Toledo was 7-5). Once you go through the bowl tie-ins, it wasn't a sure thing. Einstein.

I guess you know EVERYTHING about college football. Kansas is a hotbed for JUCO players due to the junior college programs in Kansas. Snyder went JUCO because of the program he inherited. Sound familiar? Don't act like Snyder is the only program going the JUCO route. Coupled with his 45+ years of coaching, I would hope that he would have a few tricks up his sleeves. Do you think Dana recruited JUCOs hard because he had a full cupboard. He went JUCO because he had a lot of gaps to fill. Just like Snyder when he first took over Kansas State. Snyder continues to recruit the JUCO route and has had success, but he doesn't recruit it like he did when he first took over the program. He uses it to fill holes in his program. So no, he doesn't BUILD Kansas St program with JUCOs, he supplements his program with JUCOs. Recruiting too many JUCOs limits the amount of scholarships available for potential incoming Freshmen. Teach me some more football, f'ing Einstein.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some WVU fans have their heads stuck in the sand. How convenient...

Why should a skunk change its stink now? It's easier to get through life that way. Poke your head out, make a stupid asshat comment and bury your head again. I'm still waiting for him to give me a name of a potential HC from the MAC or C-USA that could come in here and do a better job. At least Rusher hitched his wagon to Holliday.