• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Info on Stanton & Free Agency

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I’m saying the headlines are going to end up with Ohtani gets a 10 year 600 plus million dollar deal but I’m amusing it’s going to be the same deal Trout got but with pitching incentives that if met push it closer to a billion than 400 million. Much like how we were all excited that Julio signed an 18 year deal or whatever it was but it was an 8 year extension with some incentives then a collection of incentive laden club options. If Julio isn’t a star, he won’t be on the Mariners by 30.

With this UCL injury I am nearly 100% positive now it is only going to come down to the Dodgers and Mariners. We just saw the other team that is in the “running” the Giants medical staff fail a physical on Correa to get out of that deal but the Mariners staff passed Graveman, Giles and Munoz where none of them could throw a baseball. Obviously not for the same amount of money but they have been open clearly people for potential.

Completely talking out of my ass but this would be my assumption. I just feel this UCL tear could be a blessing in the Mariners favor cause their roster is set up to allow him to rehab his surgery (if he has it) while he still DH’s. They have plenty of pitching so he won’t be rushed back to collect all the incentives.
That would be off the wall if he gets 600mil and incentives to push that number higher but I could see that type of contract happening. Us and the Dodgers have a set roster and I wouldn't count out the Mets owner making a push. I'm still miffed the Angels didn't trade Ohtani for a God Father offer.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be off the wall if he gets 600mil and incentives to push that number higher but I could see that type of contract happening. Us and the Dodgers have a set roster and I wouldn't count out the Mets owner making a push. I'm still miffed the Angels didn't trade Ohtani for a God Father offer.
From everything I have seen or read he wants to be on the west coast. It’s just speculation but it seems like it is 90% Dodgers but Dodgers are in exact same scenario (except obviously a much higher budget) where they cleared everything for him to come when he first came over then cleared everything for his FA. I’m sure the Mets could offer some ungodly number.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I have seen or read he wants to be on the west coast. It’s just speculation but it seems like it is 90% Dodgers but Dodgers are in exact same scenario (except obviously a much higher budget) where they cleared everything for him to come when he first came over then cleared everything for his FA. I’m sure the Mets could offer some ungodly number.
Agreed the Dodgers are a clear favorite but this Seattle run they're on may make his decision a bit more difficult especially if both offers are close to the same ball park.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed the Dodgers are a clear favorite but this Seattle run they're on may make his decision a bit more difficult especially if both offers are close to the same ball park.
Honestly it is the best scenario for him professionally. I’ve already said it but professionally the M’s staff is set so he can either A. Take time with his PT for his UCL, B. Have his surgery and not have to worry about a timetable. Realistically the Mariners are the only team in the entire league that can sign him to pitch and hit but not need him to pitch.

Another positive is, I’m not sure about the actual surgery, but the Seattle metro area is world renowned for their sports therapy.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month later, and it doesn't seem like they're worth nearly what that chart in the OP states.

"Sports therapy" is what makes Seattle renowned, huh? I think they're gonna need more clients.