• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IMO the MAC,CUSA,MWC,AAC,Sunbelt

Should the non P5 schools have their seasons in the spring?

• Yes, Give me REAL spring football!

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No, Im 97 years old and set in my ways!

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise and UCF are all that remain out of a P5 conference, Im not saying there aren't good teams in the non P5 group, hey someone has to be the big dog in the non P5 , why not them?
IMO those days of the Boise and UCF's getting those big post season wins are over, people are kidding themselves if they think this committee will let one of those programs in this new playoff like they were let into the BCS games, they will say what they have to say in the interviews beforehand but when the time comes they will want eyes on TV's and butts in seats and they will go with P5 teams and there will be no explanation given as to why they left out this or that team, they don't have to do that and imo, wont.

Now that I'd agree with. Those days are probably gone. A team outside of the power 5 would have to have at least a couple of wins over top 25 teams in fairly convincing fashion and then crush everyone else. That would probably get them a four seed, but it would be tough to do and pretty much highly unlikely.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Fall is football.

Those colleges students want football in the fall. During spring, students want to wear swimsuits and go to the beach.

Do high schools change? Do flag football leagues change?

Come August it is almost football. By the end of August it is football and there is joy in the streets.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Fall is football.

Those colleges students want football in the fall. During spring, students want to wear swimsuits and go to the beach.

Do high schools change? Do flag football leagues change?

Come August it is almost football. By the end of August it is football and there is joy in the streets.

But what happens when these " lesser" divisions get drowned out in the fall by the P5? I agree with you that fall is traditionally football time but it looks like there is about to be a dramatic change in how it's presented and paid for.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what happens when these " lesser" divisions get drowned out in the fall by the P5? I agree with you that fall is traditionally football time but it looks like there is about to be a dramatic change in how it's presented and paid for.

your view is that they get drowned out but I dont see it.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly thread, but boy, one can certainly see how out of touch with reality some of the posters are.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're already drowned out by the P5. That's why they play on Tuesdays and Fridays

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It wouldn't do any good and could cause harm otherwise.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least there's CFB on. And some football on is much better than no football on.

Preach!!

OMG Id cut one of y'alls pinky fingers off for a real cfb game this weekend. But no, instead we have golf, car races, college baseball, soccer and MLB.....

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're already drowned out by the P5. That's why they play on Tuesdays and Fridays

If they play in the spring they can play on Saturday, when cfb games are supposed to be played and not compete with P5 games at all. More eyeballs would see them.

BTW our Marshall program here in WV would destroy anything the state of Alabama puts on the field in the spring..... Tune in Saturday to see when MU plays UAB.

See how that works? Gametime baby!:suds:

Keep us tied over 'til August.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan will never fly. Too many logistical and logical problems.

I marvel of the smugness of the "power" conference fans. You bet, with the money, tradition, coverage, and other advantages, they usually produce superior teams. But the rules for all division one conferences are equal, same number of scholarships, same rules, same pool of players, etc., etc. The simple fact is this, if we are going to call these division one teams, then they must have a legitimate chance to play for it all. Indeed, my favorite moments as a BSU fan have been when we kick some smug big school ass in a big game. And even if the small guy loses, at least they had the opportunity to prove it. Otherwise, no one would ever know. Besides, most of the time, the little guy has held his own on the big stage.

Every year in basketball, baseball, and every other sport, some team from a lower level program rises up and makes a run, often upsetting teams from the "name" schools. But somehow, football is different? Well, we've kind of made it that way.

Besides, if these teams played in the Spring, the SEC would be forced to play legitimate games for their OOC games. Horrors!