• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IMO the MAC,CUSA,MWC,AAC,Sunbelt

Should the non P5 schools have their seasons in the spring?

• Yes, Give me REAL spring football!

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No, Im 97 years old and set in my ways!

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poll #'s are 3-1 against it.

Who gives a shit about polls? The RESULTS are in the nonAQ schools favor in BCS bowls.
Utah as a nonAQ, 2 wins including an EPIC smackdown of a pathetic Alabama team that the polls ranked high!
Boise St. 2 wins, including one of the best college games ever played in history when they beat OU in overtime. And I was there!
TCU beat Wisconsin
UCF beat Baylor
Only 2 nonAQ teams lost, NIU and Hawaii

Now my math may be faulty, but that's a lot more wins than losses when a nonAQ meets an AQ in a BCS bowl.

I know, I know, don't let actual games played on actual fields get in the way of your prejudice, right, Ace? What, is your solution to never give the underdog a chance? Yeah, I get it.

FAIL

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about polls? The RESULTS are in the nonAQ schools favor in BCS bowls.
Utah as a nonAQ, 2 wins including an EPIC smackdown of a pathetic Alabama team that the polls ranked high!
Boise St. 2 wins, including one of the best college games ever played in history when they beat OU in overtime. And I was there!
TCU beat Wisconsin
UCF beat Baylor

Now my math may be faulty, but that's a lot more wins than

I know, I know, don't let actual games played on actual fields get in the way of your prejudice, right, Ace? What, is your solution to never give the underdog a chance? Yeah, I get it.

FAIL

Bowls are different, anyone can win those. The non AQ's would suck in the P5 conferences, trust me( I kid)

I get it and in a perfect world we all play and get the correct post season ect, but I don't make the rules, it is what it is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU beat Wisconsin
UCF beat Baylor

Now my math may be faulty, but that's a lot more wins than losses when a nonAQ meets an AQ in a BCS bowl.

FAIL

Dude. You're bleeding out of your ass over this. I really can't figure out what you're crying about.

Your own post shows that non-AQ teams get into BCS bowls. Odds are they'll also get into the 4 team play-off if they're undefeated and have played at least somewhat of a competitive schedule.

So what exactly are the tears for again?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. You're bleeding out of your ass over this. I really can't figure out what you're crying about.

Your own post shows that non-AQ teams get into BCS bowls. Odds are they'll also get into the 4 team play-off if they're undefeated and have played at least somewhat of a competitive schedule.

So what exactly are the tears for again?

Oh, nothing, just trying to tell you that Boise State OWNS the BCS until proven otherwise. You disagree? Great, tell Doc Osborne to grow a pair and come to Boise. I love it, everyone says, "play a tougher schedule, Boise, just not us."

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, nothing, just trying to tell you that Boise State OWNS the BCS until proven otherwise. You disagree? Great, tell Doc Osborne to grow a pair and come to Boise. I love it, everyone says, "play a tougher schedule, Boise, just not us."

You really haven't change your stance at all from Cbs have you?

:lol:

I too think teams like Boise haven't gotten a fair shake at a National title, not just BCS bowls. Those are easy to get into now. The four team playoff won't change anything. They will still take a 2 loss SEC or Big 12 team over an undefeated Boise. Like it or not, tradition, money and power play larger roles in this discussion then results on the field.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really haven't change your stance at all from Cbs have you?

:lol:

I too think teams like Boise haven't gotten a fair shake at a National title, not just BCS bowls. Those are easy to get into now. The four team playoff won't change anything. They will still take a 2 loss SEC or Big 12 team over an undefeated Boise. Like it or not, tradition, money and power play larger roles in this discussion then results on the field.

I don't think they'll take 2 loss teams over an undefeated Mid-major. One loss teams are likely though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll take 2 loss teams over an undefeated Mid-major. One loss teams are likely though.

The BCS was in love with the SEC and that won't change with the upcoming playoff. They already had a 2 loss SEC team play in the title game and had an all SEC title game as well.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 games in Lincoln, with the third in Boise and a 250k buyout? Osborne was never serious, he was getting heat for playing NDSU, Idaho, and all those other bad teams he brought into Lincoln. So he used the phony "offer" to Boise, given to the media, never negotiated, instead. Dr. Tom was great, but this was his lowest moment, nothing more than CYA, and you know it.

Yeah, right. We may be Idaho hicks, but we know a sucker deal when we see it.

Washington will be in Boise in 2 years, so will Fla. St., OK. State, Mich. St., Virginia, and UConn. Nebraska? Nope. Oklahoma? Nope. Alabama? Nope.

We'd love to play the Huskers. But you need to come to the Blue. Until you do, well, ain't gonna happen.

Meanwhile, we still have the wins. Nuff said.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU beat Wisconsin
UCF beat Baylor

FAIL

You forgot TCU's loss to Boise. Hey if you are going to count a Boise win, you equally have to count a TCU loss.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games in Lincoln, with the third in Boise and a 250k buyout? Osborne was never serious, he was getting heat for playing NDSU, Idaho, and all those other bad teams he brought into Lincoln. So he used the phony "offer" to Boise, given to the media, never negotiated, instead. Dr. Tom was great, but this was his lowest moment, nothing more than CYA, and you know it.

Yeah, right. We may be Idaho hicks, but we know a sucker deal when we see it.

Washington will be in Boise in 2 years, so will Fla. St., OK. State, Mich. St., Virginia, and UConn. Nebraska? Nope. Oklahoma? Nope. Alabama? Nope.

We'd love to play the Huskers. But you need to come to the Blue. Until you do, well, ain't gonna happen.

Meanwhile, we still have the wins. Nuff said.

When Osborne made the offer in Jan 2010 for a one-and-done, two for one, or home and away, Boise wanted $1 million for their trip to Lincoln in each case. That was a silly # back then. Nebraska's not even paying Miami that much this year.
Nebraska's never played NDSU and they hadn't played Idaho yet either.

When Boise agreed to the home and home with Michigan State in Oct 2010, Sparty had gone 6-7 the year prior.
The home and home with Washington was agreed to in Jan 2011. Washington had just finished the season 7-6.

The Florida St, Oklahoma St, Virginia, and UConn deals were all agreed to in 2013.

Sounds more to me that Osborne called out Bleymaier's bloviating, Bleymaier had egg on his face for not replying so he scheduled (6-7) Michigan St to cover his ass.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Osborne made the offer in Jan 2010 for a one-and-done, two for one, or home and away, Boise wanted $1 million for their trip to Lincoln in each case. That was a silly # back then. Nebraska's not even paying Miami that much this year.
Nebraska's never played NDSU and they hadn't played Idaho yet either.

When Boise agreed to the home and home with Michigan State in Oct 2010, Sparty had gone 6-7 the year prior.
The home and home with Washington was agreed to in Jan 2011. Washington had just finished the season 7-6.

The Florida St, Oklahoma St, Virginia, and UConn deals were all agreed to in 2013.

Sounds more to me that Osborne called out Bleymaier's bloviating, Bleymaier had egg on his face for not replying so he scheduled (6-7) Michigan St to cover his ass.

But instead of Boise, NU played Idaho and paid them $900,000 for the body bag game.

The facts speak louder than your weak recount. NU was playing a lot of patsies, and fans were complaining, so Osborne did, "well, we tried to get Boise, but they wanted too much money."

Do the math. NU sells out every game, over $8 million in gate for each one, not to mention, the concessions, parking, and local revenue from hotels, restaurants, etc. A million bucks is pocket change.

The truth? NU wasn't all that good in those days, they needed those low end losers to pad the record. Boise State? Hell, no, it was a lose-lose deal. Win, and it was expected. Lose, and the fans would be calling for the coach's head. And Big Red was absolutely not coming to Boise, why lose $7.5 million profit from playing some FCS or FBS last placer in Lincoln with a trip to Boise that would more than likely end in defeat?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But instead of Boise, NU played Idaho and paid them $900,000 for the body bag game.
The facts speak louder than your weak recount. NU was playing a lot of patsies, and fans were complaining, so Osborne did, "well, we tried to get Boise, but they wanted too much money."

Do the math. NU sells out every game, over $8 million in gate for each one, not to mention, the concessions, parking, and local revenue from hotels, restaurants, etc. A million bucks is pocket change.

The truth? NU wasn't all that good in those days, they needed those low end losers to pad the record. Boise State? Hell, no, it was a lose-lose deal. Win, and it was expected. Lose, and the fans would be calling for the coach's head. And Big Red was absolutely not coming to Boise, why lose $7.5 million profit from playing some FCS or FBS last placer in Lincoln with a trip to Boise that would more than likely end in defeat?

Once again you are caught lying. The Idaho game was scheduled back in 2007 and the payout was $800,000.

For Idaho Vandals, it's about dollars and sense - Spokesman.com - Sept. 8, 2010

The fact is your AD Bleymaier was bloviating when he made this comment.....

Bleymaier has been very vocal about the lack of major BCS programs who will agree to play the Broncos and has offered to "play anybody, anywhere, anytime."

Nebraska Offers Boise State Two-for-One Deal: Why Won't BSU Accept? | Bleacher Report

Why did he NOT respond to Osborne's request to schedule games?

Why only AFTER getting caught bloviating did he finally start scheduling tougher games (as I pointed out)?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would be a great change in my opinion. it would be more football throughout the year. thats a win win for everyone in my opinion

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key, Red Alert, was the 2 for 1 deal with the last game in Boise and the tiny buy out. No way in hell that they were coming to Boise, unless, of course, Boise beat them.

You're splitting hairs about the pay out. $800 or even a full million is pocket change when you consider how much NU makes per home game. I have to hand it to the Huskers, they have one of the greatest home field advantages in all sport. And Husker fans are as fervent as exist on earth.

But your response only proves my point, most schools deliberately pad their records by signing up easy marks for their non conference games. Your school doesn't want to do anything more than what they have to when it comes to scheduling. If you could get away with it, your school would play St. Mary's Sisters of the Blind, rather than sacrifice a huge payday, and travel to a hostile venue where the other school will be waiting with traps set and all chambers loaded.

If anything good comes out of this playoff format, more and more schools will be forced to up the ante in their scheduling practices. I personally think that games against FCS schools should penalize the schools doing them. No points allowed for a win. I also think that the NCAA should limit guarantee games to only ONE, yes one, per season. That way, only one gimmie game a year. You want to play Idaho State? Great, go to Pocatello and play them. And yes, I say that about my school as well as yours.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key, Red Alert, was the 2 for 1 deal with the last game in Boise and the tiny buy out. No way in hell that they were coming to Boise, unless, of course, Boise beat them.

You're splitting hairs about the pay out. $800 or even a full million is pocket change when you consider how much NU makes per home game. I have to hand it to the Huskers, they have one of the greatest home field advantages in all sport. And Husker fans are as fervent as exist on earth.

But your response only proves my point, most schools deliberately pad their records by signing up easy marks for their non conference games. Your school doesn't want to do anything more than what they have to when it comes to scheduling. If you could get away with it, your school would play St. Mary's Sisters of the Blind, rather than sacrifice a huge payday, and travel to a hostile venue where the other school will be waiting with traps set and all chambers loaded.

If anything good comes out of this playoff format, more and more schools will be forced to up the ante in their scheduling practices. I personally think that games against FCS schools should penalize the schools doing them. No points allowed for a win. I also think that the NCAA should limit guarantee games to only ONE, yes one, per season. That way, only one gimmie game a year. You want to play Idaho State? Great, go to Pocatello and play them. And yes, I say that about my school as well as yours.

I have a walmart lamp for sale. It's a good lamp. Only about 10 years old. I paid $40 for it, and I want to sell it to Warren Buffett for $200. He says I'm asking too much. That's just pocket change for him. What an asshole.

Do you have a link to a credible neutral source detailing the contract showing a "tiny buyout" for Nebraska? I sure can't find one and it sounds like it's just saving face propaganda for Boise.

Nebraska made the same 2 for 1 deal with Fresno St. and Wyoming. Did Nebraska go to Wyoming? Yep.
Is Nebraska going to Fresno St this year. Yep.

The fact is Boise's AD was crying that nobody would play them. He said they'd play anybody anywhere, anytime. They were offered a 2 for 1 deal paying $800,000 similar to what other mid-majors get (Wyoming got $600K) and the Boise Ad wouldn't even respond. It showed that he was merely bloviating.
Only once called out on it did they finally start scheduling decent OOC teams otherwise look more the fool.

Those are the facts and what can be verified.

Twist and turn the info for sympathy all you want while you play UT Martin and Miami, OH.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Michigan St deal you're so proud of? It's also a 2 for 1 deal.

Boise got $1.2 million to play @ Michigan St. in 2012.

The other two games are home-and-home and aren't being played until 2022 and 2023.

When Boise goes back to Mich St in 2023 they get a measly $300K.

Broncos Announce Football Series with Michigan State - Boise State University Official Athletic Site

Pretty much similar terms you're bleeding profusely from the anus about. The only difference is how much Nebraska was willing to pay Boise for the trips of which nobody knows because there was never an agreed to contract.

Nebraska's 2009 deal with Fresno St pays them $300K + $750K. Nebraska gets $300K to travel there and the buyout penalty is $1 million.