• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday Forcast 2023 ( Is Game one a Must win?)

Is this opening day game against the Cardinals a "must win" game?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • 2. No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I'm not sure

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been big changes here in D.C. since we last offered our seasonal game predictions. A new ownership group, offensive coordinator, a young promising prospect at QB, the annual influx of new players, and a newly energized fan base ready to see this long dormant team return to its glorious heyday where division, conference, and SB appearances were expected. With renewed energy, comes heightened expectations and no game sets the course of a season like opening day does, especially in Washington.
While this team is not yet ready to appear regularly on the biggest NFL platforms, a good to great showing against the Arizona Cardinals will have fans, followers, and supporters of this team in a place that hasn't been felt since the 2012 season. There's fresh air flowing through the lungs of Commander's nation, and from that perspective, does that make this a "must-win" game?

The Washington Commanders are predicted to win with a 76.19% implied probability, according to betting markets, for this September 10, 2023 game. Betting markets are also giving their opponent, the Arizona Cardinals, a 28.57% implied probability of winning this game.

Here are the questions...

1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Sunday night and Monday mornings?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m awful at picking scores and players of the game so i,ll pass

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too superstitious to make predictions, but if they drop this one, the air waves will be flooded, demanding Ron be fired. Additionally, 0-4 will be staring them in the face.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I predict the score will be 24 to 22 commanders on a last second 33 yd FG by the commies

although I hate calling season opening games as “ must “ wins losing this game puts us in a bind having to go to Denver with a better HC , QB , a strong defense at the oxygen sucking mile high stadium . . Then you follow that up with the bills .

my thing is this stick figure has looked good so far but rookies do rookie things . Add to it our d/line isn’t the deep group as advertised because obada and Mathis are on IR and Allen and chase are nursing injuries . So will an avg d/line be made up for by better LB play ?

can this o/line hold up ? Can SH limit gut wrenching mistakes ? I hope this game is a blowout for us but I don’t think it will . It will be up to EB calling a good game and SH making plays when needed . Can he shake off mistakes ? Now if it’s close and SH rises to the occasion with the game on the line then that’s great news . A young KC didn’t do that early in his career

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a "must-win" game! They have to win games that they are favored to win but beyond that a loss, any kind of loss in this opening game will spoil, at least a little, the feel-good atmosphere brought on by Snyder being replaced by Harris. There's excitement in the air, you can feel it but a loss will almost immediately turn this headiness from euphoria to bitterness. I'll post my answers to the questions on Saturday evening to allow others to post first because I'm undecided and want to be persuaded in one direction or the other.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a "must-win" game! They have to win games that they are favored to win but beyond that a loss, any kind of loss in this opening game will spoil, at least a little, the feel-good atmosphere brought on by Snyder being replaced by Harris. There's excitement in the air, you can feel it but a loss will almost immediately turn this headiness from euphoria to bitterness. I'll post my answers to the questions on Saturday evening to allow others to post first because I'm undecided and want to be persuaded in one direction or the other.
I think it’s a must win but I hate calling it that . I feel like starting out 2-0 Is a must

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a must win but I hate calling it that . I feel like starting out 2-0 Is a must
Gotta find a way get the Arizona and Denver games. 2-2 out the gate with the Bears on deck is what they need.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins 27-20
Robinson 100 yards rushing
Gibson 100 yards receiving

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm undecided on which team wins this one, so I'll predict that the final score will be 27-24—won on a very late FG.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell is undefeated as the starter. Defense needs to be what they were drafted to be.

on to Denver