• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to say this.....

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are going to be one of the best teams in the NFL this year. That isn't controversial.

IMO, the Seahawks offense is going to be better this year and the Seahawks defense will be worse.
I get why the 'Hawks will be a bit better on offense this season but why do some people think that the D will be worse? I'm not seeing it really.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why the 'Hawks will be a bit better on offense this season but why do some people think that the D will be worse? I'm not seeing it really.

I think folks worry about the backs up, that is a question mark right now. Need some of the young guys to fill the void left by the release of Clemons and Red to name a couple. I think the defense will be just fine, but hoping for no injuries early on.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Seahawks D will be very good still. But they were exceptionally good last year. Statistically it will be difficult to repeat that performance again.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the Seahawks D will be very good still. But they were exceptionally good last year. Statistically it will be difficult to repeat that performance again.

Agreed.

There is a reason why it's the 85 Bears and not the 85-87 Bears or the 00 Ravens and not the 00-02 Ravens.

It's just extremely difficult to maintain that level of defense year in and year out. It's still going to be top of the league but just not as lights out as it was last season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The one area of concern for the hawks that could derail their season is the offensive line.

You can win in the regular season with an okish offensive line but it's tough to do it in the playoffs when you typically face top tier defenses.

But Seahawks are easily going to be one of the favorites to win it all again this season.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks worry about the backs up, that is a question mark right now. Need some of the young guys to fill the void left by the release of Clemons and Red to name a couple. I think the defense will be just fine, but hoping for no injuries early on.
Injuries can't be forseen but I get that depth might be an issue in a couple of places .I just don't see this on the 'Hawks D currently.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. The 9ers D in 2011 was pretty much the same in 2012 but didn't repeat that run they had that year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys but I expect more greatness from this bunch.
If our offense does improve, won't that usually take more pressure off the D?
IMO, the guys that replace Clem and Red will be an improvement.
Also, Maxwell > BB and WT3.
Our nickle back looks at least as good (so far) as WT3.
Seattle's starting D had 2 penalties in the 1st half.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Well if you feel that way, great, they have the hardest schedule in the NFL, (happens every time a Champ wins or falls into a title)

they need to play the schedule out, before anyone crowns anybody... I mean its pre season.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you feel that way, great, they have the hardest schedule in the NFL, (happens every time a Champ wins or falls into a title)

they need to play the schedule out, before anyone crowns anybody... I mean its pre season.....

Funny how what looks like the toughest schedule often isn't. I don't worry about the schedule, just line them up and knock them down.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can't be forseen but I get that depth might be an issue in a couple of places .I just don't see this on the 'Hawks D currently.

I hope your right, I really do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically speaking the Raiders have the hardest schedule in the NFL. They are really screwed even if there is notable shifts in the league. Broncos(2X), Chiefs(2X), Chargers(2x), Seahawks, Niners, Patriots. Not to mention a really tough Cardinals and Rams team. That's almost unfair.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost some of their rotational depth particularly on the line with Red Bryant and Clemons gone. Red was a beast in run stoppage and many wonder who can pick up that role. The real question mark is the rule changes for contact past 5y and how that might hinder what the LOB did so well last year.

It's a fallacy that the SB winner has the toughest schedule. It is true the Seahawks have a very challenging schedule, but it has nearly nothing to do with them being champs.

The formula only adjusts TWO GAMES based on how you finished in your own division which has zero to do with being SB champs. It's not a difficult formula to understand. Every team plays every other team in their division twice (6 games) and plays every team in one other division in their own conference once and this rotates every year (4 games) every other team in your same division also plays that division. And every year you play one of the 4 divisions in the other conference (4 games) and again every team in your same division also plays those. That's 14 games all decided purely on rotation and every damned team in your division also plays them. The last two are playing the team with the same position in their division the prior season from the two divisions you aren't playing that year.

So Seattle gets the Packers and Panthers while the 9'ers get Chicago and the Saints. Is it that much of an easier road?

I'd argue your schedule might be harder since you play every NFCW team this year and the NFCW rolling over the NFCE isn't nearly as tough. :whistle:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lighten up Denny Green, nobody is crowning them.

"Falls in to a title"? :L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how what looks like the toughest schedule often isn't. I don't worry about the schedule, just line them up and knock them down.

Too much changes year to year to determine the difficulty of a schedule before its played.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who knows if KC will be decent or if last year was an aberration. If they are just so-so then playing the AFCW isn't the juggernaut people were predicting. I mean not that much different than the AFCE anyway. And we got the NFCE this year which isn't as bad as getting the north.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The over reactions in this thread are comical.

In case anyone forgot, this is the fucking NFL aka the most unpredictable league in all of sports. This is not the NBA where you know who is great, good and bad before the year starts. The 3rd preseason game sometimes is an indicator of how good a team is and sometimes it is not. Fuck, sometimes a regular season game is not a good indicator on how good a team is. Teams get better, teams get worse. Injuries happen, players get older, new players emerge. There is a reason teams rarely repeat. That is because teams adapt to other teams strengths. Who would of thought the Patriots would lose to the Giants in 2007? Who would have thought the Packers would get blown out by the Giants in 2011?

I saw Jay Cutler light up Richard Sherman multiple times last night. And if it wasn't for a few costly drops, they would of had 14-21 points in the first half. Go micro watch the first half of that game. If you think the Seahawks are an unbeatable team, you are sadly mistaken. Teams will emerge this year to give them a run for their money.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The over reactions in this thread are comical.

In case anyone forgot, this is the fucking NFL aka the most unpredictable league in all of sports. This is not the NBA where you know who is great, good and bad before the year starts. The 3rd preseason game sometimes is an indicator of how good a team is and sometimes it is not. Fuck, sometimes a regular season game is not a good indicator on how good a team is. Teams get better, teams get worse. Injuries happen, players get older, new players emerge. There is a reason teams rarely repeat. That is because teams adapt to other teams strengths. Who would of thought the Patriots would lose to the Giants in 2007? Who would have thought the Packers would get blown out by the Giants in 2011?

I saw Jay Cutler light up Richard Sherman multiple times last night. And if it wasn't for a few costly drops, they would of had 14-21 points in the first half. Go micro watch the first half of that game. If you think the Seahawks are an unbeatable team, you are sadly mistaken. Teams will emerge this year to give them a run for their money.

lol, who's over reacting?

Pretty sure most Seahawk fans know (and have said) injuries are always the story in this league and no one knows where they will fall over the course of a year so it's not like anyone is saying they are going to repeat based off a preseason game. They are just saying this is a well rounded and strong team (which they are).

Lit up Sherman multiple times eh? Well there was one play that Sherman bit on the move and the receiver was pretty wide open, but I saw at least two other plays that went his side that were catches (or drops that should have been caught) that were in zone coverage. It's not that unusual for teams to complete catches against our outside zones. Mostly they are shorter passes meant to not give up big yards. Here's a clue: If you see Sherman 10y away from a receiver and he is over the top of them, he's almost surely in a zone with LB coverage underneath. They don't run that often, it's usually Thomas on top and Sherman on the underside, but I did notice a few different zones last night for some reason.

In any respect, talking about woulda, shoulda, coulda when your team was blanked 1s v 1s is kind of funny isn't it? Your offense will score this year, but that defense has a ways to go. Not saying they won't because I have no idea, but that wasn't a finished product out there last night and if it was I'd be worried.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, who's over reacting?

Pretty sure most Seahawk fans know (and have said) injuries are always the story in this league and no one knows where they will fall over the course of a year so it's not like anyone is saying they are going to repeat based off a preseason game. They are just saying this is a well rounded and strong team (which they are).

Lit up Sherman multiple times eh? Well there was one play that Sherman bit on the move and the receiver was pretty wide open, but I saw at least two other plays that went his side that were catches (or drops that should have been caught) that were in zone coverage. It's not that unusual for teams to complete catches against our outside zones. Mostly they are shorter passes meant to not give up big yards. Here's a clue: If you see Sherman 10y away from a receiver and he is over the top of them, he's almost surely in a zone with LB coverage underneath. They don't run that often, it's usually Thomas on top and Sherman on the underside, but I did notice a few different zones last night for some reason.

In any respect, talking about woulda, shoulda, coulda when your team was blanked 1s v 1s is kind of funny isn't it? Your offense will score this year, but that defense has a ways to go. Not saying they won't because I have no idea, but that wasn't a finished product out there last night and if it was I'd be worried.

Oh the Bears won't be winning shit this year with that defense and special teams. That is a given. I used them because they are my team and the victim of this thread naturally.

My point is that no team is ever as good as they look and no team is ever as bad as they look. The difference between being up 28-0 and losing is small. You should be proud of your team, you have a damn good one. Believe it or not, I was actually referencing a lot of non Seahawks fans in this thread.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one area of concern for the hawks that could derail their season is the offensive line.

You can win in the regular season with an okish offensive line but it's tough to do it in the playoffs when you typically face top tier defenses.

But Seahawks are easily going to be one of the favorites to win it all again this season.

Seattle won the SB with last years line. This years line should be a slight upgrade at the least.