• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to say this.....

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of repeating are pretty slim these days but the Seahawks certainly have the best shot at it of any team in the past decade

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of repeating are pretty slim these days but the Seahawks certainly have the best shot at it of any team in the past decade

They need to just start with being the first team in a decade to even make the playoffs the year after winning it all.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seattle won the SB with last years line. This years line should be a slight upgrade at the least.

But remember it's not like Seattle dominated offensively against the Saints or 9ers on their run to the SB and those were games that could have swung the other way if a few plays were in favor of the other team.

And don't get me wrong Seattle is still one of the favorites to win it all but the offensive line could be their downfall if they don't.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to just start with being the first team in a decade to even make the playoffs the year after winning it all.

I think teams who have won the Super Bowl have made it back to the playoffs. The problem has been actually winning a playoff game. I don't think that has happened in a decade if I remember right. The Green Bay Packers made the playoffs the year after they won the Super Bowl going 15-1 but then losing to the Giants in the divisional round. New Orleans made it but then lost to the 7-9 Seahawks in the Wild Card round. The Colts made it but then lost in the Wild Card to San Diego if I remember right.

So again I don't think the problem is making the playoffs but it is in winning a playoff game. I do think Seattle makes the playoffs no problem this season. They have a tough schedule and of course a major target on their backs but they have essentially the core of the team still together with some great weapons and the youth being another year wiser. Usually the problem for Super Bowl teams is they get picked apart in Free Agency with so many teams thinking bringing that winning attitude over will make the difference but for Seattle they didn't really lose that much. Plus again that youth should keep them pretty fired up in my opinion.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year should have been the Hawks' repeat year. That game in ATL two years to haunts me. That all being said, this team is still on the rise. The core is still very much intact and hasn't yet reached its prime. What isn't to like? This may very well be the greatest season the the Seahawks franchise ever sees

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Bears game again this morning.

Seattle looks like it's in midseason form and on another level than any other NFL team right now. Baring a injury apocalypse, we look primed for another SB run.

Yes it's preseason, but the Chargers and Bears had all their starters out there for the first halfs and the Seahawks pulled their pants down on both sides of the ball. The Bears O was ranked in the top 10 last year. Seahawks absolutely manhandled them.

It's the NFL and lots of FB to play to get to the playoffs, but still, Seahawks are looking like favs from the NFC.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the recent SB winners have won with a terrible line. See Steelers with Ben and Packers with Rodgers. The difference is those teams have QB's that can extend plays and offset the poor O-line, just like Wilson. Also, the hawks are a terrible pass blocking unit but excellent in run blocking. Lastly, Hawks still posses the best Defense in the NFL and that's more consistent than a dominant offense (as proven again last season). I see no reason not to believe this team won't win the SB again unless they sustain major/multiple significant injuries.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle looks like it's in midseason form and on another level than any other NFL team right now. Baring a injury apocalypse, we look primed for another SB run.

Yes it's preseason, but the Chargers and Bears had all their starters out there for the first halfs and the Seahawks pulled their pants down on both sides of the ball. The Bears O was ranked in the top 10 last year. Seahawks absolutely manhandled them.

It's the NFL and lots of FB to play to get to the playoffs, but still, Seahawks are looking like favs from the NFC.

I can't speak for the Chargers because I didn't watch the game. Your offense manhandled the Bears defense, that is obvious. But the Bears should have scored a few TDs on your D. Gotta eliminate the drops especially when they do for 1st down and TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost some of their rotational depth particularly on the line with Red Bryant and Clemons gone. Red was a beast in run stoppage and many wonder who can pick up that role. The real question mark is the rule changes for contact past 5y and how that might hinder what the LOB did so well last year.

It's a fallacy that the SB winner has the toughest schedule. It is true the Seahawks have a very challenging schedule, but it has nearly nothing to do with them being champs.

The formula only adjusts TWO GAMES based on how you finished in your own division which has zero to do with being SB champs. It's not a difficult formula to understand. Every team plays every other team in their division twice (6 games) and plays every team in one other division in their own conference once and this rotates every year (4 games) every other team in your same division also plays that division. And every year you play one of the 4 divisions in the other conference (4 games) and again every team in your same division also plays those. That's 14 games all decided purely on rotation and every damned team in your division also plays them. The last two are playing the team with the same position in their division the prior season from the two divisions you aren't playing that year.

So Seattle gets the Packers and Panthers while the 9'ers get Chicago and the Saints. Is it that much of an easier road?

I'd argue your schedule might be harder since you play every NFCW team this year and the NFCW rolling over the NFCE isn't nearly as tough. :whistle:

Agree completely. You also have to factor in the fact that teams change from year to year. What may appear to be a tough opponent at this time won't necessarily be one within a few months (& vice versa). No doubt some surprise teams (& disappointments) will surface during the season.

The bigger factor for a SB champ is that everyone is gunning for you every week - perhaps that won't be a big deal for Seattle - we will see.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for the Chargers because I didn't watch the game. Your offense manhandled the Bears defense, that is obvious. But the Bears should have scored a few TDs on your D. Gotta eliminate the drops especially when they do for 1st down and TDs.

Weird how the first teams shutout was all chicagos fault! Lol

But seriously, cutty didnt look like he wanted to be there. Part of this defense is they are so physical other players get psyched out of playing their game and try to do things differently. Also seattles speed on d, a play that you normally have 5 yards on you gain 2 cause of the speed. There isnt a faster d in the league.

But tell yourself what you gotta to cope, i get it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely. You also have to factor in the fact that teams change from year to year. What may appear to be a tough opponent at this time won't necessarily be one within a few months (& vice versa). No doubt some surprise teams (& disappointments) will surface during the season.

The bigger factor for a SB champ is that everyone is gunning for you every week - perhaps that won't be a big deal for Seattle - we will see.

Yup true, perfect example, it looks like bradford hurt his knee yesterday.....shit changes quick.

But what hasnt changed aaron rodgers week one, rivers week 2 and peyton week 3, and with the leagues new emphasis seattle will have its work cut out for them.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird how the first teams shutout was all chicagos fault! Lol

But seriously, cutty didnt look like he wanted to be there. Part of this defense is they are so physical other players get psyched out of playing their game and try to do things differently. Also seattles speed on d, a play that you normally have 5 yards on you gain 2 cause of the speed. There isnt a faster d in the league.

But tell yourself what you gotta to cope, i get it.

Yup. Drops aren't always on the offense. Sometimes they happen because the DBs reroute receivers, and by the time they get the ball out, they're out of position, or their timing is off (QB or receiver). If Seattle let them run their routes clean and on time, they dont drop those passes.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL Pretty sure Denver held its own against them only a couple of weeks ago. Obviously doesn't mean much, but that ^ is some homer BS.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Pretty sure Denver held its own against them only a couple of weeks ago. Obviously doesn't mean much, but that ^ is some homer BS.

You do realize that game was at home and Seattle only lost it because a guy not likely to make the team dropped the go ahead TD pass from another guy not likely to see a down this year right?

Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall your first string tearing up Seattle's defense in that game AT HOME. And that was with NO starting LB's and Kam not playing that game.

You go ahead and hang onto that thought you did good things in a first preseason game against hardly any starters at home in a game you barely won. I'm totally fine with that. :whistle:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that game was at home and Seattle only lost it because a guy not likely to make the team dropped the go ahead TD pass from another guy not likely to see a down this year right?

Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall your first string tearing up Seattle's defense in that game AT HOME. And that was with NO starting LB's and Kam not playing that game.

You go ahead and hang onto that thought you did good things in a first preseason game against hardly any starters at home in a game you barely won. I'm totally fine with that. :whistle:

LOL "Hang my hat"? Try rereading my post, which includes phrases like "held its own" and "obviously doesn't mean much". Also, keep in mind that I was replying to a post that claimed Seattle is playing at entirely higher level than any team in the league. Feel free to hang your hat on that belief if you think it true.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Drops aren't always on the offense. Sometimes they happen because the DBs reroute receivers, and by the time they get the ball out, they're out of position, or their timing is off (QB or receiver). If Seattle let them run their routes clean and on time, they dont drop those passes.

Jeffery dropped a TD on the first drive. Sure the guy made a nice play to knock it away when Jeffrey tried to regrip it, but if he catches it cleanly, it is a TD. He had the guy beat and made several more difficult plays with the defenders hand on the ball last year. The Marshall drop on 3rd down the next drive was a tight window so I guess you could say the D had "something" to do with it. The 4th drive we had 2 TDs called back.

Quit acting like good offense can't beat good defense and that every team always plays their A game vs Seattle's defense. Your team is beatable. The other team just needs to execute more than they normally do.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery dropped a TD on the first drive. Sure the guy made a nice play to knock it away when Jeffrey tried to regrip it, but if he catches it cleanly, it is a TD. He had the guy beat and made several more difficult plays with the defenders hand on the ball last year. The Marshall drop on 3rd down the next drive was a tight window so I guess you could say the D had "something" to do with it. The 4th drive we had 2 TDs called back.

Quit acting like good offense can't beat good defense and that every team always plays their A game vs Seattle's defense. Your team is beatable. The other team just needs to execute more than they normally do.

Nobody said they're not beatable. They gave 2 TDs a game and lost 3 games last year so obviously they're beatable. I'm just saying that defenses can cause drops by contesting throws (like the Jeffrey play), seen a lot of that the past couple years.

And you're right, in order to beat them, teams need to step up their execution. It seems like most scores against the Hawks come in two different manners, one is from long grinding drives that end in a one yard rushing TD, or by an exceptional top ten type play. No easy scores against them, except the hypothetical ones.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at Broncos fans who were claiming that game was "The Mile-High Redemption" and the final score somehow proved the superbowl was a fluke. If I remember correctly, something like 15+ of our projected starters didn't even play in that game, while the Broncos marched out a bunch of theirs. Our starting Oline in the game was a rookie and 4 backups.

And so what did the Broncos starters accomplish playing @home against our 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 1st half? 7 points. :clap:

Sorry Broncos. Even if you went out and bought yourselves some improvements on Defense via FA, it still doesn't remotely compare to ours. Just like last year, you'll get blinded by all the TDs Payton is throwing against all those AFC teams who have shitty Ds and thinking your #1. But at least a painful reminder of reality comes Sept 21. As your counting the TDs the rest of the season against cupcake after cupcake, you'll still have to gaze back at the Sept 21 result.

These two teams meet again in the SB this season, the result will be similar. The Seahawks D has your number. They eat the statue of Omaha for breakfast. Even with the new Manning gets a ring at any cost pass interference rules the NFL is pushing this season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Broncos fans who were claiming that game was "The Mile-High Redemption" and the final score somehow proved the superbowl was a fluke. If I remember correctly, something like 15+ of our projected starters didn't even play in that game, while the Broncos marched out a bunch of theirs. Our starting Oline in the game was a rookie and 4 backups.

And so what did the Broncos starters accomplish playing @home against our 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 1st half? 7 points. :clap:

Sorry Broncos. Even if you went out and bought yourselves some improvements on Defense via FA, it still doesn't remotely compare to ours. Just like last year, you'll get blinded by all the TDs Payton is throwing against all those AFC teams who have shitty Ds and thinking your #1. But at least a painful reminder of reality comes Sept 21. As your counting the TDs the rest of the season against cupcake after cupcake, you'll still have to gaze back at the Sept 21 result.

These two teams meet again in the SB this season, the result will be similar. The Seahawks D has your number. They eat the statue of Omaha for breakfast. Even with the new Manning gets a ring at any cost pass interference rules the NFL is pushing this season.

Didn't bother to read more than your first sentence, since it demonstrates that you didn't understand what I wrote in response to your claim that Seattle is playing at a higher level than any team -- in the preseason! LOL

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I take out of this preseason vs last is Wilson was over throwing a LOT last preseason and isn't right now. He is much more poised at this point than the same time last year. And it seems he is on the same page with his receivers which is great.

Now last year he had just worked over the off season at having a higher release point so we were concerned, but not in a panic over his errant throws in those games. He worked hard and got used to that release and everything worked out great.

This is a new season and anything can happen. Just because we like the progress and what we see so far doesn't mean there's no need to play the games and just hand it to us.