• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to say this.....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have a VERY good chance of doing something truly historic this season. That being said, I still give the edge to the Saints for the #1 seed in the NFC. The difference on schedule, at least on paper, looks to definitely favor NO.

Key word...on paper. Gonna be fun to watch this all play out, fo sho.

HTTR~

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word...on paper. Gonna be fun to watch this all play out, fo sho.

HTTR~

Funny you bring up that phrase. Last year, when 9er trolls were allowed to troll, all we heard over and over was the phrase "paper champs, lol" Well, how'd that work out?

Go Hawks. Only thing holding the Seahawks back is that damn "game manager" non-elite QB named RW.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you bring up that phrase. Last year, when 9er trolls were allowed to troll, all we heard over and over was the phrase "paper champs, lol" Well, how'd that work out?

Go Hawks. Only thing holding the Seahawks back is that damn "game manager" non-elite QB named RW.

well you present a situation where I could argue either side.
I don't think Wilson is a game manager (say like a Dilfer) but I also don't think he is an elite QB either.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you present a situation where I could argue either side.
I don't think Wilson is a game manager (say like a Dilfer) but I also don't think he is an elite QB either.

Honest Question. Do you actually watch Wilson Play, or just go off stats?

This IMO, is my honest assessment. Wilson is a better QB, than our Super All_pro Sherman is a CB. And I love Sherman, but so many people just put down RW for some reason (height, stats, etc) but IF you actually watched game situations, RW is MONEY.

I talked about intangibles earlier, and got 'poorly' debated. Watching Wilson repeatedly, and I watch replays all the time, I find it hard to fault RW in any way. T-Jak comes in and Pryor too, and the difference is huge, just in common reaction.

Because of RW, not our D, because of RW, the Seahawks have a chance to win the SB again. RW.

Honestly, to say RW is not elite, is to admit you do not watch the Seahawk Games.:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the preseason, but the starters already look in midseason form. It's hard to find anything to complain about. This team looks primed for another run.

And not only is the D doing its thing, but our offense is looking just as ridiculous. Harvin is 100% and already ballin. The run game is opening up the pass attack which now has weapons galore.

So far, so very, very good.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue that Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, & Bart Starr were just "game managers" who played for good teams as well. I think Russell Wilson will eventually be mentioned among those greats.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This IMO, is my honest assessment. Wilson is a better QB, than our Super All_pro Sherman is a CB. And I love Sherman, but so many people just put down RW for some reason (height, stats, etc) but IF you actually watched game situations, RW is MONEY.

I talked about intangibles earlier, and got 'poorly' debated. Watching Wilson repeatedly, and I watch replays all the time, I find it hard to fault RW in any way. T-Jak comes in and Pryor too, and the difference is huge, just in common reaction.

Because of RW, not our D, because of RW, the Seahawks have a chance to win the SB again. RW.

Honestly, to say RW is not elite, is to admit you do not watch the Seahawk Games.:suds:

Well I disagree. I live in the state of Washington. Have no choice but to watch the seahawks.
Which is why when the argument of Defense & running game are the only reasons RW succeeds I find false. He has accuracy & I think the fastest two steps of a qb to extend plays. He also looks to throw when he breaks instead of being a run 1st QB. (like so many popular QBs lately)
But while unfair to him. He has never had to take an entire team on his shoulders & carry them to wins or playoffs. I have seen elite QBs do just that. I am not talking this game or that one, but knowing you have to be the man for your team team to win. Wilson has no idea of that pressure (so far)
Who knows if the hawks defense & running game went to crap, he could prove the world wrong. But I don't see him as elite. I don't put him with the marino's & others, but for all the haters, I don't see him as a game manger either. He is too intelligent for that.

So yes I watch his games, & he hasn't done much wrong to have negative criticism but there is a ton of kick ass QBs that shouldn't be considered elite. but like I said it isn't his fault he plays on one of the top teams in the league.

So like I said I could get in a deep argument for either side. I feel qualified (at this time) to claim he isn't elite. At the same time I could shoot down all those that think he is just a game manager because he has the QBs two best friends. Defense & a running game.

I am by no means trying to trash talk Wilson. (but I am not glorifying him either)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how you define "ELITE". If you're talking about the top 3 QB's in the NFL, then Wilson isn't there (yet), but if you're talking top 10 or the best young QB in the league, then Russell Wilson is for sure on the list.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I disagree. I live in the state of Washington. Have no choice but to watch the seahawks.
Which is why when the argument of Defense & running game are the only reasons RW succeeds I find false. He has accuracy & I think the fastest two steps of a qb to extend plays. He also looks to throw when he breaks instead of being a run 1st QB. (like so many popular QBs lately)
But while unfair to him. He has never had to take an entire team on his shoulders & carry them to wins or playoffs. I have seen elite QBs do just that. I am not talking this game or that one, but knowing you have to be the man for your team team to win. Wilson has no idea of that pressure (so far)
Who knows if the hawks defense & running game went to crap, he could prove the world wrong. But I don't see him as elite. I don't put him with the marino's & others, but for all the haters, I don't see him as a game manger either. He is too intelligent for that.

So yes I watch his games, & he hasn't done much wrong to have negative criticism but there is a ton of kick ass QBs that shouldn't be considered elite. but like I said it isn't his fault he plays on one of the top teams in the league.

So like I said I could get in a deep argument for either side. I feel qualified (at this time) to claim he isn't elite. At the same time I could shoot down all those that think he is just a game manager because he has the QBs two best friends. Defense & a running game.

I am by no means trying to trash talk Wilson. (but I am not glorifying him either)

I think you have to consider he's only got 2 seasons under his belt tho. What he's accomplished in 2 seasons is quite remarkable. I agree that he isn't "ELITE" just yet, but he will no doubt have a hall of fame career unless he gets injured.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how you define "ELITE". If you're talking about the top 3 QB's in the NFL, then Wilson isn't there (yet), but if you're talking top 10 or the best young QB in the league, then Russell Wilson is for sure on the list.

Well I would say very few young Qbs could ever show eliteness.
Elite comes with badassness over time. I think ppl try to over use elite. it is much more rare than the populous try to use the word.

to me there are only 4 QBs allowed to even be considered elite.

Manning, Rodgers, Brees & Brady.

All other QBs fall short of elite as of now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say very few young Qbs could ever show eliteness.
Elite comes with badassness over time. I think ppl try to over use elite. it is much more rare than the populous try to use the word.

:agree:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to consider he's only got 2 seasons under his belt tho. What he's accomplished in 2 seasons is quite remarkable. I agree that he isn't "ELITE" just yet, but he will no doubt have a hall of fame career unless he gets injured.

well like I was saying. I could argue both sides.
Those saying he is elite I can argue he isn't quite easily. (as of now)

Those saying he is just a game manager. Well if you watch him play you know better.

I wont go crazy with the HOF talk because how many times have wee seen a player go crazy his 1st couple years & end up pedestrian?

& no I am not saying Wilson will fall on his face. Just lets not carried away with HOF talk until some longevity.

Like I said it is kinda easy to argue against both as of now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well like I was saying. I could argue both sides.
Those saying he is elite I can argue he isn't quite easily. (as of now)

Those saying he is just a game manager. Well if you watch him play you know better.

I wont go crazy with the HOF talk because how many times have wee seen a player go crazy his 1st couple years & end up pedestrian?

& no I am not saying Wilson will fall on his face. Just lets not carried away with HOF talk until some longevity.

Like I said it is kinda easy to argue against both as of now.

True, hard to project, but if this is just a taste of what's to come, then the prospects of making the HOF are quite high.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW I hate when someone makes arguments off stats alone.

I have always said. Stats to us (sports fans)
Are like
Facts to lawyers.
We can make them say whatever we want.

So in my honest opinion. I don't think of Wilson as elite. However I don't see that as bashing him. To me Elite is quite rare.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy, you say RW hasn't had to take a game on his shoulders. How about week 1 of the year Seattle won the Super Bowl? At Carolina, which was a playoff team, mostly based on defense, that no one saw coming. Wilson won that game himself after the rest of the team was pretty well shut down for most of the game.

He did what you want, just give him the credit.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People always say it's just preseason. I have been able to use the third game of the preseason to predict the Packers would win the 2010 SB and the Hawks last year. It's starters vs starters both playing vanilla but nobody in the NFL wants to get embarrassed like the previous two teams who faced the Hawks did. They will win the SB again unless they sustain a major/multiple injuries this year. I can admit this as a Pack since I know we do not have the defensive coordinator to take us the distance. He refuses to change and the Packers do not fire him despite his steady trend of taking the best defense and now turning it into one of the worst in the NFL. They continue to use the players as scapegoats and have no accountability.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand, and many people argue Wilson would be considered a nobody if he was put on the Browns since the Hawks have an excellent D and run game. However, in college RW was able to carry NC state with a bunch of nobodies and was forced to pass run, catch, do it all. Despite this he broke the record for the most consecutive passes without an int in NCAA history. Yes this is just college but playing for UW successfully was a great indicator that he would thrive with the HAWKS (EXCELLET run game, with pro style offense). Wilson has proven he can take a team and carry it in the NFL when they need him but he can also manage a game or run up the score. No he has not played on a trash team yet but neither has Aaron Rodgers and people said the same thing about him 4-5 years ago and he's a similar player.