• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has there been any signs that the Lakers really want Lonzo?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Knicks are going to trade Porzingas.

I don't know about that. There are rumors that he's not happy and wants out. I don't know if it's true, but I heard he didn't show for his exit interview.

If he really wants out, the Knicks may trade him to avoid losing him for nothing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball sayz he could have beaten Magic 1 on 1 in their primes.

I hear Lavar was a better passer too. If the Showtime Lakers had Lavar, they'd have won 10 straight titles in the 80's.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers should be using Randle and Russell to try and get Zinger out of NY.
Well, Damn....

That's a pretty good trade if the Lakers throw in a pick * not #2 * or maybe swap picks and have the Lakers take Melo and the Knicks take Deng.

Zinger, Melo #8 for Randle, Russell, Deng #2?

Melo comes off the books 2 years before Deng.....I think?

Only issue with that is that you are probably not getting a pg with that pick unless it's Ntillinka.

So, they would need to sign a free agent.

Before the masses come out with torches, Just spit balling with the playoffs being dreadful.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea. If I'm the Lakers, I'd give up Russell, Randle and the #28 pick for Zinger. Then try to get PG-13 next year as an FA.
I don't.

It fucking stinks to high Heaven.

giphy.gif

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Damn....

That's a pretty good trade if the Lakers throw in a pick * not #2 * or maybe swap picks and have the Lakers take Melo and the Knicks take Deng.

Only issue with that is that you are probably not getting a pg with that pick unless it's Ntillinka.

Before the masses come out with torches, Just spit balling with the playoffs being dreadful.

You'd still have Clarkson.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Damn....

3k on GS -9? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, girl.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge: Ball's camp says no workout for Celtics

I find it strange that he is refusing the work out for a chance to be the No. 1 pick. I would have some concerns about his dad at this point.

It's not really been much of a secret that he's not working out for anyone but the Lakers. Lavar said that a week or so ago on Cowherd.

Right now, while he's not under contract, Lavar can influence him and keep doing what he's been doing. Once he signs a contract though, the team is in control.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really been much of a secret that he's not working out for anyone but the Lakers. Lavar said that a week or so ago on Cowherd.

Right now, while he's not under contract, Lavar can influence him and keep doing what he's been doing. Once he signs a contract though, the team is in control.

It will be curious if the Lakers decide to go with someone else. Lavar has put his son in a precarious position. Do the Sixers or Suns or Kings draft a guy who has made it clear, via his dad, that he only wants to play in LA?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think his dad would send him overseas?

No. His dad is terrified of having to move across country as is. He wants Lonzo to stay in his world, in his backyard. This has nothing to do with his brand and everything to do with the fact that they're so family oriented he can't stand the thought of Lonzo living elsewhere. If it was a brand thing, he'd be fine with Lonzo in Boston.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be curious if the Lakers decide to go with someone else. Lavar has put his son in a precarious position. Do the Sixers or Suns or Kings draft a guy who has made it clear, via his dad, that he only wants to play in LA?

If LAL passes on Ball, you have to weigh dealing with Lavar versus the yuuuuuge chip that will be on Lonzo's shoulder to prove them wrong.

He would be a pretty good fit for the 76ers, but I would be curious as to what teams would offer to jump up to get him at #3. My primary concern is that he'll bolt for LA once his rookie contract expires...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd was making some interesting points today on his show, on how the Celtics might draft Ball anyways, depending on tonight's game. If Boston wins tonight Ainge is going to realize they are better off without Isiah Thomas.

The 1st two games Against the Cavs They got hammered. Isiah is a defensive liability, and he doesn't make other players better. Do the Celtics want to pay a 5'9 pg the max or Get ball and pay 6 million a year? Yikes lets hope celtics lose tonight.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd was making some interesting points today on his show, on how the Celtics might draft Ball anyways, depending on tonight's game. If Boston wins tonight Ainge is going to realize they are better off without Isiah Thomas.

The 1st two games Against the Cavs They got hammered. Isiah is a defensive liability, and he doesn't make other players better. Do the Celtics want to pay a 5'9 pg the max or Get ball and pay 6 million a year? Yikes lets hope celtics lose tonight.

They should trade IT2 regardless and take the BPa regardless. Whoever that is to them.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe dropped quite a bit on draft night over that....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe dropped quite a bit on draft night over that....

That wasn't Kobe's doing, that was Jerry West's. Had Jerry not been such a big influence on the whole deal, Kobe would have happily played for any team.