• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has there been any signs that the Lakers really want Lonzo?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as that scenario is presented to George, he would immediately take the Lakers off his list.

Just ask Larry Bird. I'm sure his utter dismissal of Paul's opinion was the beginning of the end.

“I don’t know if I’m cut out for a 4 spot,” George said after the Pacers’ 110-105 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans, a game in which he started matched up against 6-11 All-Star Anthony Davis.

“I don’t know if this is my position. I’m still not comfortable with it regardless of the situation. It’s still something I have to adjust to or maybe not. Or maybe it’s something we can go away from.”

PG said often “we” will see how it goes re: role as starting PF. I asked him how much say he’ll have in decision to keep on playing it.

PG: "I hope I lot. I hope my happiness comes 1st in this whole ordeal but again I’m not someone that’s going to change a locker rm.

"Well, he don't make the decisions around here," Bird said. "I [played power forward]. I loved it after I did it. I just think offensively it's going to be one of the greatest feelings he's ever had. I'm not going to get in a battle with Paul George on where he wants to play. He's a basketball player. He can play any position you put him out there."

I had George listed as the 3 on that list so i'm not sure where you're coming from

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe Bird's hubris was his downfall and this hardline stance he took at Paul's displeasure was the Pacers undoing.

Agree. Some of those 80's guys seem to have a little bit of an issue with how the game and players have changed since they played.

I mean, I get where they are coming from, I have some of the same complaints. But it's pretty clear that the game has changed and guys who can't change with it get left behind.

The Lakers saw that with Byron Scott. While I liked his "old school, no nonsense approach" it just doesn't resonate with today's players.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a free agent. Then it's a simple question of either moving a few pieces or paying the luxury tax

Wait... signing George would put them over the cap. Who is making all the money over there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... signing George would put them over the cap. Who is making all the money over there.
Mosgov and Deng are their only big contracts.

Clarkson makes like 12 mil.

With the new cap, average bench role players will get $10 mil plus.

* See Austin Rivers, Solomon Hill, Evan Turner *

So,that's an excellent value contract for his production.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had George listed as the 3 on that list so i'm not sure where you're coming from
Wait....So, Ingram at 150 lbs, soak and wet would play the 4?

Lmfao

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Some of those 80's guys seem to have a little bit of an issue with how the game and players have changed since they played.

I mean, I get where they are coming from, I have some of the same complaints. But it's pretty clear that the game has changed and guys who can't change with it get left behind.

The Lakers saw that with Byron Scott. While I liked his "old school, no nonsense approach" it just doesn't resonate with today's players.
Yep.

That's why I think Pelinka was such a shrewd hiring.

He speaks this Generations language and understands what they value in a long-term destination.

These were brilliant hirings by Jeanie.

Magic is an all-time great who is loved Universally.

Pelinka knows players and has experience constructing deals from a agents perspective.

Brilliant.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's no way he could ever gain weight :rolleyes2:
Sure he can.

BUt, putting him at 4 takes away his biggest advantage.

Height and reach.

I honestly believe he could play point from the sf position for long stints.

He has vision and patience.

Down the line he could easily be a lean 4 like Garnett.

But, for the foreseeable future, I'd put him at sg before I played him at the 4.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he can.

BUt, putting him at 4 takes away his biggest advantage.

Height and reach.

I honestly believe he could play point from the sf position for long stints.

He has vision and patience.

Down the line he could easily be a lean 4 like Garnett.

But, for the foreseeable future, I'd put him at st before I played him at the 4.

And how many teams do you see play the traditional 1-5 spots nowadays? Draymond Green is considered a 4, but compare him to guys like Duncan, Malone or Barkley and he becomes a joke.

Point is, players and systems get changed to suit the need of the team. We had Julius Randle play the 5 on many occasions last year but nobody is calling him the new Olajuwon.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many teams do you see play the traditional 1-5 spots nowadays? Draymond Green is considered a 4, but compare him to guys like Duncan, Malone or Barkley and he becomes a joke.

Point is, players and systems get changed to suit the need of the team. We had Julius Randle play the 5 on

Draymond is an anomaly and I'm pretty sure Barkley is shorter than Green and he did all right.

Difference between those Dude's and Ingram is they didn't weigh 180 lbs.

Except for unique, in-game, short stint situations, the Lakers would be foolish to risk their future star by putting him at the 4. Could they go super small on occasion? Sure, doesn't everyone?

But, he can't play there full-time.

Nance, Randle even Deng could play 4.

So, I'm not seeing how letting this kid get destroyed on the block would be " suiting the needs of the Team " unless you wanted him injured.

Just throwing the best guys you have on the court together is not always a recipe for success.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what @Shaqdaddy11 ....

Maybe you have a point.

When Jabari went down, the Bucks played the Freak and Maker at the 4.

Durant plays a nice chunk of minutes there too.

They all way 20-40 pounds more than Ingram.

But, you are right. It's not as unthinkable as I suggested.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you have a point.

I'm not saying I want it to happen. Heck the situation would be uncomfortable if it did. But if Paul George joins the team in 2018 and we have both guys on the team, i'd like both to be in the line up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for unique, in-game, short stint situations, the Lakers would be foolish to risk their future star by putting him at the 4. Could they go super small on occasion? Sure, doesn't everyone?

I think that offensively, Luke wants the Lakers to be Warriors South. My guess is that if we see Ingram at the 4, it will be in a Lakers version of GSW's death lineup.

If the Lakers do, in fact, get PG-13, I think that it will be because they traded Russell for him or they sign him as an FA and trade Russell for another player or 2. In that case, I see PG-13 at the 2 spot and Ingram at the 3.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that offensively, Luke wants the Lakers to be Warriors South. My guess is that if we see Ingram at the 4, it will be in a Lakers version of GSW's death lineup.

If the Lakers do, in fact, get PG-13, I think that it will be because they traded Russell for him or they sign him as an FA and trade Russell for another player or 2. In that case, I see PG-13 at the 2 spot and Ingram at the 3.
That would be disgusting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I want it to happen. Heck the situation would be uncomfortable if it did. But if Paul George joins the team in 2018 and we have both guys on the team, i'd like both to be in the line up.

Yeah, you are right.

It would be a mismatch hell for other Teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you have a point.

They need to get him to Fatburger on a daily basis...several times a day. In fact, they should just put a Fatburger franchise in the training facility for him. Lol.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get him to Fatburger on a daily basis...several times a day. In fact, they should just put a Fatburger franchise in the training facility for him. Lol.
I actually love the fact that the Lakers decided to not force the weight gain.

I have always wondered if that played a role in Ben Simmons injury.