• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 14): Seahawks vs. 49ERS

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could see any of those outcomes playing out, and really games can turn on simple things -- the last game it was 5-0 at the half and 12-3 after 3 quarters and we had a 1st and goal at the 5 in the first quarter before kaep threw the pick, so the end score was a little deceiving. My hope is that almost no matter what happens, except a blowout of us, that Kaepernick has a really good game --- I want him to show that he can make good decisions, makes progressions, doesn't panic in the face of their rush, stands in the pocket, etc.

Our D played pretty well for the much of the first game, but the offense was abhorrent. The five points in the first half were effectively all the fault of the offense, who took a safety on Miller's hold, and then turned the ball over on our 29. The Hawks had four drives that started in Niners territory, three of them inside the 30. Those three drives and the safety accounted for 15 points. Having said that, the D also allowed two long TD drives to start the second half. It's a little deceptive to say it was 12-3 at the end of the third quarter, as the Hawks had just gotten to the Niners' 13.

Seattle's offense has been playing better lately than they were early in the year, so it will be a tough test for the D. Obviously much of this game hinges on the offense, though. We've got to put together some solid scoring drives in this one, or the outcome will be basically the same as last time. It concerns me that we've scored 29 combined points in our last three matchups with the Hawks. No way we win this one without at least sniffing 20 points.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 49ers have consistently found ways to lose in every close game they have played. The Seahwaks have consistently found ways to win close games. I would expect that to continue. So I hope the 49ers blow them out.

The GB game was close, and they won that one. But the other two close ones were pretty heart-breaking losses that could have easily been wins with an even mediocre performance by the offense. Hell, either game could have been won by a single mediocre DRIVE by the offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GB game was close, and they won that one. But the other two close ones were pretty heart-breaking losses that could have easily been wins with an even mediocre performance by the offense. Hell, either game could have been won by a single mediocre DRIVE by the offense.

Or a fairly routine catch by Gore and McDonald

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, John Clayton was on the radio here and said that people were unfairly slamming Kaepernick, his quote was "People are criticizing him for not going to his 3rd read, well who is his 3rd read? No one!"

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, John Clayton was on the radio here and said that people were unfairly slamming Kaepernick, his quote was "People are criticizing him for not going to his 3rd read, well who is his 3rd read? No one!"

I don't like that. Wilson's third read is kearse, and he's doing fine. That's as much on the coaching as it is on kap imo.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that. Wilson's third read is kearse, and he's doing fine. That's as much on the coaching as it is on kap imo.

I've watched kearse this year, either he's a better innate receiver than our third receiver or the coaches are better at getting him open. another thing that's struck me is Pete Prisco's photo of the Carolina game where no 49er receiver is looking back as kaep is getting blitzed, while the seahawk receivers come back when Wilson is in trouble.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers' WR corp will be back almost in full for this game. I hope Kap can get the ball out or the 9ers don't stand much of a chance. I still have confidence that Patton can be what I hoped he could be before his foot injury.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more day I can't wait. Lets go 49ers

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tarell Brown - DB - 49ers

49ers RCB Tarell Brown's Week 11 rib injury was originally diagnosed as a 4-6 week ordeal.

The Niners' organization has instructed Brown to not reveal the injury's full extent, but he's going to miss a third straight game in Week 14 and will likely miss Week 15, as well. The 49ers will keep starting Tramaine Brock.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Dec 6 - 10:01 PM

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to the board guys. I like your forum much better than what I've seen at Webzone. I'm a Seahawks fan and just wanted to wish you guys good luck and I hope we all watch a good game today and leave injury free.

Both teams are in for a rough day. I think the winner is a toss-up. It depends on which team decides to show up. Are we going to see the Seattle team that showed up against Houston and Tampa Bay? Are we going to see the 49ers team that showed up against the Seahawks and Colts?

We'll know soon enough and I'll be back to chat after.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mario Manningham - WR - 49ers

Mario Manningham (knee) is questionable for Week 14.

Despite the questionable tag, Manningham is in no danger of missing Sunday's game against the Seahawks. He'll serve as the No. 3 receiver again this week and remains off the fantasy radar.

Dec 6 - 5:52 PM