• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 14): Seahawks vs. 49ERS

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

49ers rookie WR Quinton Patton is not on the Week 14 injury report.

He'll return from his foot fracture against Seattle. Patton was making moves up the depth chart before he got hurt, on the heels of an impressive preseason. He isn't on the re-draft radar, but has plenty of Dynasty league appeal. Patton figures to be San Francisco's No. 4 receiver Sunday, behind Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, and situational deep threat Mario Manningham.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Dec 4 - 8:28 PM

Do we consider him at return man at some point? After James, he seems like the clear choice, and looked decent doing it in the preseason as memory serves.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and as far as a choke artist, I disagree to an extent. Kap's rating is a 58 when trailing, but it's 81 when trailing by 1-8 points. That's real choke territory, when you're in striking distance. Taking chances trying to bring a team back in a blowout isn't the same as choking. But in particular against Carolina and the Saints, he made some terrible decisions late in very winnable games.

Yes, he did. I still think that will improve.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I think he overstates things on both sides (good for Wilson, bad for Kaepernick) a bit, but it's hard for me to disagree with most of his conclusions. I've made quite a few of those points myself. I have some problems with equating completion % and accuracy, and he puts way too much stock in Wilson's most recent games while ignoring that Kaepernick's accuracy has been quite good over the past two weeks. But at its root, pretty much every one of his points is correct. Kaepernick has a long way to go to become a franchise QB. Wilson is much closer right now. I am glad he laid some of that blame on the coaching staff, too. I have not been impressed with the offensive coaching/playcalling at all this season.

I think that for a running, quick qb, the loss of Crabtree and Manningham has been worse for Kaepernick's development than the o line troubles for Seattle and Wilson. If you are expecting a young qb without a lot of experience in a pro offense to go through his progressions and trust his receivers, having your top two receivers out is huge.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I swear, Staley is either a huge wimp on game days, or Wolverine on days off....

It would be great to have him back, though. I'm very concerned about starting Snyder and Looney at OG against a great D with a week to prep. I'm willing to bet we'll see a lot of stunts and some tough blitzes. Especially with Kap's struggles against pressure this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that for a running, quick qb, the loss of Crabtree and Manningham has been worse for Kaepernick's development than the o line troubles for Seattle and Wilson. If you are expecting a young qb without a lot of experience in a pro offense to go through his progressions and trust his receivers, having your top two receivers out is huge.

Well, Boldin has got to be top-2 in terms of receivers, and Davis is clearly one of our top-3 receivers even when everyone is healthy, but I don't disagree entirely. This staff has done a very poor job of developing WRs. Some of that has to fall on our QBs, but we seem to be the only team in the league that is incapable of developing young, unheralded players at the WR position. Williams and Baldwin did little to instill any confidence in them. For that matter, McDonald has been inconsistent at TE as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I swear, Staley is either a huge wimp on game days, or Wolverine on days off....

It would be great to have him back, though. I'm very concerned about starting Snyder and Looney at OG against a great D with a week to prep. I'm willing to bet we'll see a lot of stunts and some tough blitzes. Especially with Kap's struggles against pressure this year.

It really didn't seem that serious to me considering it appeared he was able to walk after the injury without help.

He was probably hurt enough to be taken out of the game because their is a big difference between being able to walk compared to bending and putting weight on a knee but if you can walk the injury isn't that serious and I thought he would at least miss a week but I'm not totally shocked he might be back for this week.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners win a close one. Seattle comes off a short week and a big win. Niners have been at home for two weeks and have had this one circled since the week 2 embarrassment. Going to be a tough- grinder with a couple big Niner special teams and defensive plays. Kaep does just enough to get the win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its possible that the 49ers could win this one. My heart tells me its possible but my head is not so sure. I think this will be another Seattle-type game where they win it in the end.

Seattle 23 49ers 20.

Having said that, I think if the 49ers do win this one they'll win it handily, something like 31 to 17.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four outcomes of this game:
1: The 9ers win in a blowout. I would be shocked (and happy) beyond belief and thinking the 9ers will go deep in the playoffs.
2: The 9ers win a close game. This would be my most likely outcome of a victory for my team...I just don't see a blowout ,but a win would be more than great.
3: The 9ers lose a close game. I would not be happy but I could deal with a close loss and still feel comfortable about a possible playoff run.
4: The 9ers lose in a blowout at home. I would feel that maybe it is time to understand that the Hawks are that good and/or(actually both)that the 9ers might need to make some adjustments in the off season. A possible ray of hope for the playoffs. JMO

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1: The 9ers win in a blowout. I would be shocked (and happy) beyond belief and thinking the 9ers will go deep in the playoffs.
2: The 9ers win a close game. This would be my most likely outcome of a victory for my team...I just don't see a blowout ,but a win would be more than great.
3: The 9ers lose a close game. I would not be happy but I could deal with a close loss and still feel comfortable about a possible playoff run.
4: The 9ers lose in a blowout at home. I would feel that maybe it is time to understand that the Hawks are that good and/or(actually both)that the 9ers might need to make some adjustments in the off season. A possible ray of hope for the playoffs. JMO

I could see any of those outcomes playing out, and really games can turn on simple things -- the last game it was 5-0 at the half and 12-3 after 3 quarters and we had a 1st and goal at the 5 in the first quarter before kaep threw the pick, so the end score was a little deceiving. My hope is that almost no matter what happens, except a blowout of us, that Kaepernick has a really good game --- I want him to show that he can make good decisions, makes progressions, doesn't panic in the face of their rush, stands in the pocket, etc.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that all are possibilities except # 2. A blowout is possible if the Seahawks don't come prepared to play and the 49ers jump on them early. I think #3 is most likely but #1 is still a possibility.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see any of those outcomes playing out, and really games can turn on simple things -- the last game it was 5-0 at the half and 12-3 after 3 quarters and we had a 1st and goal at the 5 in the first quarter before kaep threw the pick, so the end score was a little deceiving. My hope is that almost no matter what happens, except a blowout of us, that Kaepernick has a really good game --- I want him to show that he can make good decisions, makes progressions, doesn't panic in the face of their rush, stands in the pocket, etc.
This for sure. Many (including myself) have criticized Kap for his play (lack of WR help notwithstanding). I hope he has the best game of his career on Sunday.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that all are possibilities except # 2. A blowout is possible if the Seahawks don't come prepared to play and the 49ers jump on them early. I think #3 is most likely but #1 is still a possibility.
You think a close win is not likely, that is curious. If the 9ers can jump on top and score early...hold off the Hawk attack late in the game...I see this as the most likely outcome for a victory. The 9ers have lost a couple of games by not keeping the lead recently.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a close win is not likely, that is curious. If the 9ers can jump on top and score early...hold off the Hawk attack late in the game...I see this as the most likely outcome for a victory. The 9ers have lost a couple of games by not keeping the lead recently.

No. I think the Seahawks can score on the 49ers just about any time they want and stop them anytime they want unless they come unprepared, get down early and give up. I believe if the game is close the seahawks will find a way to win or the 49ers will find a way to lose as has been the case all year with both teams in close games.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49ers have consistently found ways to lose in every close game they have played. The Seahwaks have consistently found ways to win close games. I would expect that to continue. So I hope the 49ers blow them out.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think the Seahawks can score on the 49ers just about any time they want and stop them anytime they want unless they come unprepared, get down early and give up. I believe if the game is close the seahawks will find a way to win or the 49ers will find a way to lose as has been the case all year with both teams in close games.

Really? Give our d more credit than that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope that is not the case and I would bet that it won't be.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have consistently found ways to lose in every close game they have played. The Seahwaks have consistently found ways to win close games. I would expect that to continue. So I hope the 49ers blow them out.
I wouldn't say it was consistent...just recently.....the 9ers I mean.