• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU Dalvin Cook acquitted

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so little evidence I don't how anybody can come with a conviction in this case as presented. There are numerous holes in the prosecution's case its quite laughable really. Should have never went to trial to begin with.

The best evidence in this case (and probably why the Prosecutor went forward) are the inconsistencies in the stories of the FSU players. I've seen convictions based on less when you have better victims. Guilty people (and their friends) don't generally have a need to lie, and most jurors know that.

But to win that case, you still need a good victim. When the victim admits they drunk at the incident, are slurring their speech on the 911 call, and admit the whole incident started when they called another player's (deceased) mother a "ho"? Yeah, that's a tough one.

But for the record, I wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusions of innocence. A drunk person being unable to articulate their injury is fine, but it's still telling that the more sober FSU players lie. Why do it if you didn't cause the injury? My hunch is he did it, but I understand the "Not Guilty" verdict.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in my first post, with what they had they could not convict.

She said she recognized him out at the bars later. Is it possible she count not ID from his photo but could in a real life setting? It thing that is possible. IMO if they were going to lie to get him convicted, the 2nd girl would have said he hit her too instead of saying she didnt know who hit her.

Yes 3 nights later which was after her search on social.media and speaking woth her dad. She may have been hit, but I don't think she knew who hit her. She also according to her friend hit Travis Rudolph prior to anything else happening. She admitted to "pushing him hard". I do not know if she lied or not. Do not know if Cook or Rudolph, Francois, or Phillips hit her. They shouldn't have even taken it to trial. No way to get a conviction with their testimony and that of the defense's witness.

Now I would not mind seeing Cook suspended for 1 game to prove a point to all others. Sit him for the first conference game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best evidence in this case (and probably why the Prosecutor went forward) are the inconsistencies in the stories of the FSU players. I've seen convictions based on less when you have better victims. Guilty people (and their friends) don't generally have a need to lie, and most jurors know that.

But to win that case, you still need a good victim. When the victim admits they drunk at the incident, are slurring their speech on the 911 call, and admit the whole incident started when they called another player's (deceased) mother a "ho"? Yeah, that's a tough one.

But for the record, I wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusions of innocence. A drunk person being unable to articulate their injury is fine, but it's still telling that the more sober FSU players lie. Why do it if you didn't cause the injury? My hunch is he did it, but I understand the "Not Guilty" verdict.

Based on the testimony(tweets) I don't know if Cook did it or not. There wasn't enough concrete evidence in this case for me to say 100% Cook did it. Could he have done it, sure I guess so, but that's up to the prosecution to prove he did it. IMO there's still a whole lot of mystery involved. I'm not going to convict somebody on a "hunch" that he may have done it. I've sat in on a jury before. Very similar to this case(he said she said) It played out in that courtroom similar to what happened in Cooks courtroom today.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems suspicious that the star third-party defense witness was found five days before the trial. I also think there is a lot to say about the inconsistencies in which FSU players were there. To me, it points to him likely hitting her.

However, there were no third party witnesses for the Prosecution and they have the burden of proof. In those cases, it always comes down to the believably of the victim. Here, the victim and the third party were intoxicated at the time, and it was evident in the 911 call. Tough case to win. I think I could probably win a case if it were a mock trial and I could choose my victim, but that's not how it works in the real world. The drunk v. drunk alleged altercation is very tough to win.

5 days? Try August 6th. Not sure where you got that number. He was found a lot earlier than 5 days prior. They added him on August 6th which is when they filed for the speedy trial motion.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I probably have this mixed up but wasn't there video evidence of him clocking her in a bar or was that another incident?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that basing discipline on a team should need the same proof of burden of the courts. It is a very high standard, as it should be to take away a person's freedom. Football is not a fundamental right, but a privilege

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I probably have this mixed up but wasn't there video evidence of him clocking her in a bar or was that another incident?

That was OU and the video was never released in its entirety. Also there was one of an FSU QB hitting a girl

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was OU and the video was never released in its entirety. Also there was one of an FSU QB hitting a girl
There was some video someone posted here weeks back where a player clocked a girl in a bar and I could have sworn it was FSU.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. DeAndre Johnson was the video. He was booted the day it was available to everyone. He was suspended indefinitely prior to that.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after doing some research.... Yes @FSUmanager i did it this time. Just for my fav Twitter peep. I see that he is right on the verdict.

Problem I have is FSU not taking action. But there is an argument for that as well.

Blame America I spose.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after doing some research.... Yes @FSUmanager i did it this time. Just for my fav Twitter peep. I see that he is right on the verdict.

Problem I have is FSU not taking action. But there is an argument for that as well.

Blame America I spose.
Thank you. But we both know that BeaverShaver is everyone's darling on Twitter. Every time he tweets I laugh.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so those that think he is innocent do you think the girls are not telling the truth and were never hit? Or they were hit but don't really know by who. If you believe they were hit and it was an football players in the altercation what now?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. But we both know that BeaverShaver is everyone's darling on Twitter. Every time he tweets I laugh.
Try tailgating w/ the dude. Hopefully someday brother.

Btw Safid favd your tweet.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 days? Try August 6th. Not sure where you got that number. He was found a lot earlier than 5 days prior. They added him on August 6th which is when they filed for the speedy trial motion.

Per your own Twitter feed that you cited (Safid Deen at 236 PM on my computer), that was the first time he spoke to police. Maybe he spoke to the defense attorneys before he talked to police, but to me that makes him more suspicious, not less.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still did it, weather a criminal case could be won or not