• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU Dalvin Cook acquitted

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, hitting a woman is morally okay if there is a "beyond a reasonable doubt" precedent in a courtroom.

There was not enough evidence to convict of assault, so let him represent the University and its standards.

Sure, he slugged the woman, but unless a jury convicts him. Its just fine and dandy morally at FSU.

#EvenArtBrilesdisapprovesofthis

This right here is what I am talking about. No evidence just an opinion. Ah the SportsHoopla way.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through all those tweets FSUManager said too. The prosecution did an awful job IMO. Having been part of jury just a couple years ago, I wouldn't have found Cook guilty either, at least based on those tweets. The defense did a much better job in this case and it really wasn't close. Even the closing arguments from the prosecution did little for me. The prosecution didn't convince, based on what was tweeted out.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know...its almost like they didnt really want to do a good job or something,,,

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly after reading those tweets, this shouldn't have even made it to trial IMO. The lack of evidence was quite shocking.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through all those tweets FSUManager said too. The prosecution did an awful job IMO. Having been part of jury just a couple years ago, I wouldn't have found Cook guilty either, at least based on those tweets. The defense did a much better job in this case and it really wasn't close. Even the closing arguments from the prosecution did little for me. The prosecution didn't convince, based on what was tweeted out.
Thank you for reading them. I could also direct people to Jared Shanked of ESPN, Tom D'angelo of the Palm Beach Post, and other media people. 15 or so where there and all were live tweeting.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to underwrite insurance policies on any FSU athletes hands were they to be damaged by drunk girls' faces.

Hit me up.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but if you actually read what was presented you can see how they came to that verdict. Instead you will do what you're doing and that is it. I dare you to read through Safid Deen's tweets. It is every question of every witness. The woman's own friend contradicted the prosecution's case. And she was their witness.

They shouldn't have even taken it to trial with the evidence they had.

If I thought he was guilty after reading the testimony I would say so.
I think he is guilty but I read the transcript and with what they had they could not convict in court. How to handle it at FSU is a different story.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is guilty but I read the transcript and with what they had they could not convict in court. How to handle it at FSU is a different story.
Guilty based upon what exactly? Not going to argue just curious. What evidence provided by the prosecution makes you 100% certain?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty based upon what exactly? Not going to argue just curious. What evidence provided by the prosecution makes you 100% certain?
Nothing. The girl knows who hit her. I guess I just don't see someone making up charges like this. There seems like there was an altercation. The girls lip was split. Somebody hit her and she would probably be the best to know who.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the same dude that beat the shit out of his pregnant girl.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can you think he's guilty? It's not even close with what's been presented.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you think he's guilty? It's not even close with what's been presented.
As I said above:
The girl knows who hit her. I guess I just don't see someone making up charges like this. There seems like there was an altercation. The girls lip was split. Somebody hit her and she would probably be the best to know who.

On top of that if they were just rying to set this guy up the other female witness would have said she knew who hit her. She said she was not sure, she told truth.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the same dude that beat the shit out of his pregnant girl.
Umm...No. The person you are thinking of is Karlos Williams. And yes I know you are going to play the so many of them card. :suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said above:
The girl knows who hit her. I guess I just don't see someone making up charges like this. There seems like there was an altercation. The girls lip was split. Somebody hit her and she would probably be the best to know who.

On top of that if they were just rying to set this guy up the other female witness would have said she knew who hit her. She said she was not sure, she told truth.

There is so little evidence I don't how anybody can come with a conviction in this case as presented. There are numerous holes in the prosecution's case its quite laughable really. Should have never went to trial to begin with.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said above:

She couldn't ID anyone until they pulled social media and asked her dad. According to her. Then the photo array came out today. Guess the # out of the 6 photos they put Cool in? The same number as his jersey.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems suspicious that the star third-party defense witness was found five days before the trial. I also think there is a lot to say about the inconsistencies in which FSU players were there. To me, it points to him likely hitting her.

However, there were no third party witnesses for the Prosecution and they have the burden of proof. In those cases, it always comes down to the believably of the victim. Here, the victim and the third party were intoxicated at the time, and it was evident in the 911 call. Tough case to win. I think I could probably win a case if it were a mock trial and I could choose my victim, but that's not how it works in the real world. The drunk v. drunk alleged altercation is very tough to win.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is so little evidence I don't how anybody can come with a conviction in this case as presented. There are numerous holes in the prosecution's case its quite laughable really. Should have never went to trial to begin with.

As I said in my first post, with what they had they could not convict.

She couldn't ID anyone until they pulled social media and asked her dad. According to her. Then the photo array came out today. Guess the # out of the 6 photos they put Cool in? The same number as his jersey.

She said she recognized him out at the bars later. Is it possible she count not ID from his photo but could in a real life setting? It thing that is possible. IMO if they were going to lie to get him convicted, the 2nd girl would have said he hit her too instead of saying she didnt know who hit her.