• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Thread

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want Deng unless a trade is coming for a big man... preferably Kevin Love. Otherwise it makes ZERO sense. Warren, Green and Marcus are MORE than capable of backing up Tucker at the SF position. I really can't get a grip on what the hell they're doing but I'll trust McDonough.

Big D is about to fuck the timberwolves!

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want Deng unless a trade is coming for a big man... preferably Kevin Love. Otherwise it makes ZERO sense. Warren, Green and Marcus are MORE than capable of backing up Tucker at the SF position. I really can't get a grip on what the hell they're doing but I'll trust McDonough.

Yeah, Deng only really makes sense if his acquisition would then allow the Suns to consummate a trade for Love. In that case, Deng might solidify a mid-level championship contender.

With his ability to rebound and snap outlet passes to fast guards, Love would truly constitute the perfect fit for this roster. Plus, his shooting ability would compensate for Deng's questionable shooting and the fact that Tucker is basically just a catch-and-shoot guy from the three-point corners. But without Love as the next piece to fall, there is little reason for the Suns to concern themselves with Deng.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston declines to match Dallas' offer for Parsons. Seems strange to me, the Rockets have done nothing but downgrade their team this offseason.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are stupid. Lose Lin (he sucks, but still) & Parsons and add Ariza.... I guess they didn't feel like improving their roster... or maybe they were really convinced Bosh was coming, then got fucked over. Either way, I'll take Parsons over Ariza anyday.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are stupid. Lose Lin (he sucks, but still) & Parsons and add Ariza.... I guess they didn't feel like improving their roster... or maybe they were really convinced Bosh was coming, then got fucked over. Either way, I'll take Parsons over Ariza anyday.

Parsons is better than Ariza, but I'm not sure that that he's worth $15M per year or almost twice as much as Ariza.

Houston certainly gambled on Bosh, and the gamble did not pay off. However, the Rockets seem to have gained fiscal flexibility moving forward. If Kevin Love ever becomes a free agent, expect Houston to be a major player for him. If the numbers work, I would not be surprised if the Rockets now make a huge push for Bledsoe, but the Suns will probably match in any event.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons is better than Ariza, but I'm not sure that that he's worth $15M per year or almost twice as much as Ariza.

Houston certainly gambled on Bosh, and the gamble did not pay off. However, the Rockets seem to have gained fiscal flexibility moving forward. If Kevin Love ever becomes a free agent, expect Houston to be a major player for him. If the numbers work, I would not be surprised if the Rockets now make a huge push for Bledsoe, but the Suns will probably match in any event.

They still do have Harden and Howard's big contracts and Ariza's deal that lasts for 4 years and will have to extend Beverley and Jones within the next couple years. They have some room, but not enough for Love unless they COMPLETELY gut their team. I think they're going to add a couple MLE contributors within the next few days.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets could also become a major suitor for Dragic next summer ...

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Suns made an offer for Bosh.

After considering "strong" offers from multiple teams, including the Houston Rockets, Denver Nuggets, Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Lakers, Bosh ultimately decided to return to the Heat later that night.

Chris Bosh is ready to lead the Miami Heat - ESPN

He would have constituted a great fit with the Suns' system and personnel. Whether he would have been worth the money (whatever Phoenix was offering) over the long-term is another question.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still do have Harden and Howard's big contracts and Ariza's deal that lasts for 4 years and will have to extend Beverley and Jones within the next couple years. They have some room, but not enough for Love unless they COMPLETELY gut their team. I think they're going to add a couple MLE contributors within the next few days.

Yeah, Darryl Morey is going to need to decide how to play matters. With him, though, anything is possible. He will make changes very aggressively if that's the direction that he chooses.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andray Blatche is the only FA big man left that's even remotely close to being starter material. Ugh.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andray Blatche is the only FA big man left that's even remotely close to being starter material. Ugh.

I don't want that mediocre mental midget anywhere near this team. Bring in guys like Ed Davis, Jason Smith, or Ryan Kelly.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want that mediocre mental midget anywhere near this team. Bring in guys like Ed Davis, Jason Smith, or Ryan Kelly.

Ed Davis would be alright just to add some depth. I think McDonough is still looking at the trade market to find a big man... hopefully.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And trust me, I don't want Blatche. Im just saying from a talent perspective when he's at the top you know it's bad.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And trust me, I don't want Blatche. Im just saying from a talent perspective when he's at the top you know it's bad.

Yeah. Once the 3-4 stretch PF(s) were off the market, what was left is uninspiring. 2015 is potentially filled with quality big men.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of want Ryan Anderson. His contract is a but steep, but I think that he represents an upgrade over Channing Frye. I wonder what it would take for the Pelicans to give him up?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of want Ryan Anderson. His contract is a but steep, but I think that he represents an upgrade over Channing Frye. I wonder what it would take for the Pelicans to give him up?

I don't think they want to move Anderson. Houston has been trying for 2 years now to acquire him. Those two just completed a trade for Asik & Anderson wasn't involved. That tells me he is not moving.