• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2017

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed the DC - CD discussion above - thanks.

Just a reminder - the Patriots do better when no one expects them to and the have a chip on their shoulder - we shall see.

That was my other thought. Maybe now that their offseason has been sorta in the spotlight they will slip up a bit. ;)

Seemed like their last decent offseason they signed Revis and Browner they ended up winning the SB. Granted it Browner busted after that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domata Peko run blocking on the goal line

nice

1335543_o.gif

You realize this was from a few years ago. Peko is barely a shell of this player now. Pretty bad signing, if you ask me. Maybe, if he brings locker room leadership, he may be worth the money we paid him, but I doubt it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a bad signing, but I would say it isn't much to get excited about either. He will compete for a depth spot. His younger cousin Kyle Peko might just take his roster spot. I don't mind it as insurance, he could be a good GL run stuffer, but he is very much a situational guy that really has declined.

I don't think it is a move that hurts us in anyway, but if we are going to rely on him a lot then we are gonna be in trouble.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings- Latavius Murray
Rams- Lance Dunbar

Jonathan Hankins looking for multi year deal. He and Poe are both being offered one year deals right now. Both left Miami without a deal. Poe has visited Falcons, Colts, Dolphins without a deal and is now going to Oakland. He is really overrating himself as a lot of fans have done over the years.

Lions and Raiders seem to be legit front runners for Adrian Peterson right now.

All is quite on Tony Romo front. Seems like Jerry doesn't want to give him away.

You see all these reports that Denver is fine with who they have. Smokescreen to decrease his value, IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings- Latavius Murray
Rams- Lance Dunbar

Jonathan Hankins looking for multi year deal. He and Poe are both being offered one year deals right now. Both left Miami without a deal. Poe has visited Falcons, Colts, Dolphins without a deal and is now going to Oakland. He is really overrating himself as a lot of fans have done over the years.

Lions and Raiders seem to be legit front runners for Adrian Peterson right now.

All is quite on Tony Romo front. Seems like Jerry doesn't want to give him away.

You see all these reports that Denver is fine with who they have. Smokescreen to decrease his value, IMO.

There really isn't much incentive for Jerry to move Romo any time soon. Doesn't help out much cap wise to move him early so might as well wait at least until the draft to see if the Broncos or Texans get desperate.

As for the smokescreen I think there is a little bit of that. I have also heard though they got very positive reports about the work that Lynch is doing in Florida and positive reports on the healing up of Siemian's shoulder. And just comparing the comments from the combine to this past week they have changed a bit on the language. Now yes some of that could be just helping to drive down the value of Romo in the hopes that Jerry will think that neither team actually wants him.

I guess I look at it this way. The Texans seem much more desperate than the Broncos at this point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. the only reason for Jerry to move Romo ASAP is for Romo's benefit to get going and know where he will be. Something you think a classy owner would do for a QB whose been his QB for quite some time now. But we are talking about Jerry Jones.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. the only reason for Jerry to move Romo ASAP is for Romo's benefit to get going and know where he will be. Something you think a classy owner would do for a QB whose been his QB for quite some time now. But we are talking about Jerry Jones.

I've actually heard this is more his son Stephen telling his dad not to let Romo go. Thinks they can make other teams panic a bit and maybe get something for him. Sounds like Jerry was actually ready to do the "do right" deal, but the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree in his son Stephen.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it is, doesn't matter. Do the guy a benefit and let him go.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like every average Free agent is visiting the Bears this week.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they are really set up to WIN NOW... Brady isn't getting any younger. It makes a lot of sense to me to do the moves they did. Let's be honest Belichick doesn't care about re-building this team. He is going all in the next few years with Brady there. They will go out together.

Cooks and Ealy give them a much better chance to continue to win then 2 rookies.
Here is what I like about NE and I personally favor this thought process

They value young players they think fits his systems instead of the unknown draft pick.

Traded his #1 for Cooks. I like this especially when you are getting a young speedster and that has been identified as a position of need . Also flipped picks and got back Ealy which is a great move. Again late 3rd vs mid 4th who cares you now have a player you think can help and have not lost anything of significant value.

Now if Elway is lukewarm on Romo so be it but if Elway thinks Romo can put them over the hump and back into Super Bowl contention then send a 5th round pick to Cowboys, get your QB and be done with it. Instead they want to dick around and wait Jerry out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They value young players they think fits his systems instead of the unknown draft pick.

Traded his #1 for Cooks. I like this especially when you are getting a young speedster and that has been identified as a position of need . Also flipped picks and got back Ealy which is a great move. Again late 3rd vs mid 4th who cares you now have a player you think can help and have not lost anything of significant value.

Now if Elway is lukewarm on Romo so be it but if Elway thinks Romo can put them over the hump and back into Super Bowl contention then send a 5th round pick to Cowboys, get your QB and be done with it. Instead they want to dick around and wait Jerry out.

:agree:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue isn't trading for Romo and giving up a pick. The issue is much more about his contract. There is no guarantee once you trade for him that Romo is willing to re-work his deal. As it sits right now once you factor in the draft and needing a bit of left over cap space for emergency money we do not have enough to actually take on Romo's contract as is. Now we can make some more space by turning the base salary of a couple of the contracts into signing bonus but the Broncos have shown they don't like to do that knowing that is how teams get themselves in a lot of trouble.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons sign Dontari Poe. Probably the team we were most hoping for.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Cook- Raiders
Marqueston Huff- Chiefs (special teams)

Dakota Watson is visiting the Seahawks.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders and Marshawn Lynch have had discussions. I think the guy needs to stay retired.

Derrick Johnson and Anthony Sherman both took paycuts for the Chiefs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants- Jason Pierre-Paul 4 year deal.
Giants- Geno Smith

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the prospect of Romo being released keep Denver from being more aggressive in FA or do you think they executed the plan they wanted to execute?