• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2017

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3yr deal btw
Probably means 4yr deal where last yr is only to spread out bonus

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arizona lets Calais Campbell walk in Free Agency, Elway should try to sign him. He played his High School ball in Denver, and is a perfect fit for what we were missing on Defense last season. I watched his game against New Orleans and recorded some of the plays he made. Crazy athleticism for a 6'8" 300 lbs defensive lineman. I know we need offensive line the most, but man this guy would make our defense A++ again.
(Quality is meh, did it on my iPhone).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all in on Campbell - Doc - no doubt. I hope Elway pulls that off.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arizona lets Calais Campbell walk in Free Agency, Elway should try to sign him. He played his High School ball in Denver, and is a perfect fit for what we were missing on Defense last season. I watched his game against New Orleans and recorded some of the plays he made. Crazy athleticism for a 6'8" 300 lbs defensive lineman. I know we need offensive line the most, but man this guy would make our defense A++ again.
(Quality is meh, did it on my iPhone).

I also did the Seattle game. Click on the first one and scroll down to see the vids if you are interested. Many, he would be perfect. Screw offensive line lol

Reactions: LGM

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a guy like Dion Jordan will be on the radar as he played for Joseph in Miami last year. There is some risk there as he has violated the substance abuse policy multiple times.

Other guys from Miami that would be at positions of need more then guys that we may like:
Andre Branch DE
Jermon Bushrod G
Donald Butler ILB

Not sure any of them excite me a bunch, but Joseph knows the players as well or better then most.

On thing I would like to see as an overwhelming trend is to sign guys at the end of their 20s instead of guys that well into their 30s. Not saying a guy like Campbell isn't worth it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a guy like Dion Jordan will be on the radar as he played for Joseph in Miami last year. There is some risk there as he has violated the substance abuse policy multiple times.

Other guys from Miami that would be at positions of need more then guys that we may like:
Andre Branch DE
Jermon Bushrod G
Donald Butler ILB

Not sure any of them excite me a bunch, but Joseph knows the players as well or better then most.

On thing I would like to see as an overwhelming trend is to sign guys at the end of their 20s instead of guys that well into their 30s. Not saying a guy like Campbell isn't worth it.
The thing with campbell is that we know who he is and he is from denver. might get a short term deal with somewhat a market discount given denver is his home and the quality of defense we have (he has never played on a defense like this)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are guys I would be interested in free agency:
Offense:
TJ Lang
Ron Leary
Riley Reiff

Defense:
DeMarcus Ware
Calias Campbell
Chris Baker
Vance Walker
Dontari Poe
Sealver Siliga
A.J. Klein

Some of these guys would be short term cheaper contracts, but could be well worth it.

I would love to have Webster back, but you can't blame him for wanting to play more.

I am sure I missed some.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are guys I would be interested in free agency:
Offense:
TJ Lang
Ron Leary
Riley Reiff

Defense:
DeMarcus Ware
Calias Campbell
Chris Baker
Vance Walker
Dontari Poe
Sealver Siliga
A.J. Klein

Some of these guys would be short term cheaper contracts, but could be well worth it.

I would love to have Webster back, but you can't blame him for wanting to play more.

I am sure I missed some.
the ravens dudes

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Kiko Alonzo - might get a look by the Broncos in FA- VJ coached him in Miami and he is an LB who can defend the pass.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Kiko Alonzo - might get a look by the Broncos in FA- VJ coached him in Miami and he is an LB who can defend the pass.

If he could ever get healthy again he could be a huge steal. I'm just not sure I can trust him to stay healthy. Same way I feel on Romo.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about A.J. Klein? He has been behind maybe the best ILB in the league. He played pretty well in the little bit I saw when Luke was out last year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could ever get healthy again he could be a huge steal. I'm just not sure I can trust him to stay healthy. Same way I feel on Romo.[/QUOTE
Ask the Eagles. His speed at LB has taken severe hit because of injuries.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to rain on anyone's parade but a couple of agents were interviewed here in the east. They were talking about available money that teams will have and they expect their players to get PAID!!! With some teams having as much as $80M in cap space, nobody will be taking discounts. All of the competitive teams will be extremely careful when signing free agents because they don't want to piss off guys that they got "cheap".

Patriots fans are preparing to lose at least 4 starters on the defense......Hightower, Butler, Ryan and Branch. HT wants Von Miller money, somebody will overpay for a Super Bowl hero, Jets are drooling over Ryan and Branch wants a big final contract (32 years old).

This could be a very nerve wracking free agency period.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to rain on anyone's parade but a couple of agents were interviewed here in the east. They were talking about available money that teams will have and they expect their players to get PAID!!! With some teams having as much as $80M in cap space, nobody will be taking discounts. All of the competitive teams will be extremely careful when signing free agents because they don't want to piss off guys that they got "cheap".

Patriots fans are preparing to lose at least 4 starters on the defense......Hightower, Butler, Ryan and Branch. HT wants Von Miller money, somebody will overpay for a Super Bowl hero, Jets are drooling over Ryan and Branch wants a big final contract (32 years old).

Not sure any of us have said these guys will take discounts. The Broncos do operate like the Pats though of having a price in their head and not breaking from that

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is not FA, but I have heard that Mychael Kendricks is available on the trade market for cheap. His contract isn't all that big and he did really well in the Eagles' 34 a couple years ago. He is not picking up the 43 too well and that is the reason he is being shopped now. I bet they would take a 5th or 6th rounder for him, which could end up being a steal if he comes in and starts next to BMarsh next season.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is not FA, but I have heard that Mychael Kendricks is available on the trade market for cheap. His contract isn't all that big and he did really well in the Eagles' 34 a couple years ago. He is not picking up the 43 too well and that is the reason he is being shopped now. I bet they would take a 5th or 6th rounder for him, which could end up being a steal if he comes in and starts next to BMarsh next season.

OMG... Please make this happen. I drooled over him during the draft that year (and have the restraining order to prove it)...

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, agents say that every year. There's always a team that over pays, and then there's the Pats and Broncos who play the cap game well and piss everyone off because somehow we're cheating the cap.

Usually teams like ours don't have to overpay, and even then players will take more team friendly contracts for a chance at a ring.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure any of us have said these guys will take discounts. The Broncos do operate like the Pats though of having a price in their head and not breaking from that
Used to scratch my head with moves Belicheck and Pats have done but not for awhile now. Amazing how Pats dump the guys that want to be paid big money, then those guys end up being mediocre at best with new team and in meantime they replace them with the cast off/ under achievers from other teams and they go to pro bowl following year. Elway ,like Cd said, won't over spend but pulling off the moves Bill keeps doing is just too unrealistic for frigging anyone to duplicate with that kind of consistency. I think he ( Bill ) practices voodoo or something. :)