• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fletcher Cox is the best DT in the NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster and PE1 will find anything to bicker over. Just whip 'em out so we can measure and see which is bigger!!!

Hate the Eagles, but I am a big Fletcher fan (can't bring myself to say I'm a big Cox fan). You need to remember that it is very hard for a 3-4 DE to compile stats or show up if he is doing his job which partly includes letting others make plays. Even harder than for a 4-3 DT. As a Cowboy fan I think We saw that with Hatcher who was a 3-4 End and known as a good player and then in the 4-3 as a DT he became All Pro (I think, if not should have) then went to Wash and stats went away again as a 3-4 DE. I think Donald is The best of this hybrid group overall because he is just so athletic and strong. I think Atkins was at one time, but post injury he hasn't seemed quite the same player to me, but I haven't seen him too much and could be wrong. Cox is unique to me because of how dominant he seems against the run when doubled. If it were up to me I pick him over Atkins. Campbell and Short aren't close to any of these guys IMO...then there is Watt...Sorry Donanld fans, but JJ is in a league of his own. Only one of the group that will go down as one of the best in history.

Sadly as a Cowboy fan I think any of the above puts us in the Super Bowl last year (all of 'em wouldn't have this year). What a 3 tech these beasts would make in Marinellis defense, especially Donald. I love Zach Martin, but to this day would have loved to have gotten Donald in that spot...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster and PE1 will find anything to bicker over. Just whip 'em out so we can measure and see which is bigger!!!

Hate the Eagles, but I am a big Fletcher fan (can't bring myself to say I'm a big Cox fan). You need to remember that it is very hard for a 3-4 DE to compile stats or show up if he is doing his job which partly includes letting others make plays. Even harder than for a 4-3 DT. As a Cowboy fan I think We saw that with Hatcher who was a 3-4 End and known as a good player and then in the 4-3 as a DT he became All Pro (I think, if not should have) then went to Wash and stats went away again as a 3-4 DE. I think Donald is The best of this hybrid group overall because he is just so athletic and strong. I think Atkins was at one time, but post injury he hasn't seemed quite the same player to me, but I haven't seen him too much and could be wrong. Cox is unique to me because of how dominant he seems against the run when doubled. If it were up to me I pick him over Atkins. Campbell and Short aren't close to any of these guys IMO...then there is Watt...Sorry Donanld fans, but JJ is in a league of his own. Only one of the group that will go down as one of the best in history.

Sadly as a Cowboy fan I think any of the above puts us in the Super Bowl last year (all of 'em wouldn't have this year). What a 3 tech these beasts would make in Marinellis defense, especially Donald. I love Zach Martin, but to this day would have loved to have gotten Donald in that spot...

Thanks for joining me on the "delusional" list.

Can't really argue grabbing Martin. Also noticed the Cowboys took their star LT ahead of Watt. That's a tough one too. Watt is the better player but having a star LT is of incredible importance. Watt next to Donald would be insane but Smith and Martin is pretty awesome too.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I never said Cox wasn't a great player, I'm questioning Malkos bold statement saying Cox WOULD be 1st team and Atkins WOULDN'T. He challenged everyone who didn't agree with him.
If PE1 want to count Jarntt as the 12th to agree fine but we all know he meant the total All PRO votes. 9 for DT and 2 for DE = 11 not 12.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Donanld fans, but JJ is in a league of his own. Only one of the group that will go down as one of the best in history...

Donald has been in the league two years, and is the best DT in football, it is scary thinking this guy can only get better.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! I can imagine how much money Donald is going to command.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Fletcher...Football is a tough game, don't get hurt...