• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting Hangartner and Byers are retiring and Jordan Senn has signed with Chicago. I hate to see Senn go, he's been a great ST player but maybe he'll get a chance for a greater role with the Bears.

And Mitchell has signed with Pittsburg. I was really hoping we could hold onto him.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mitchell has signed with Pittsburg. I was really hoping we could hold onto him.

Yeah, that blows. He brought the physical presence back there. Maybe Godfrey can come back and be effective.

The other big target is Ginn, but I've read he's going to hit the market. Munnerlyn is being looked at by the Steelers and Redskins.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting Hangartner and Byers are retiring and Jordan Senn has signed with Chicago. I hate to see Senn go, he's been a great ST player but maybe he'll get a chance for a greater role with the Bears.

Byers was injured most of the year. Not sure if Hangartner was starting when we brought him back. Hopefully, Silatolu and Kulbiga can come off IR, and do something. I don't know if Wharton is coming back or not.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy will count 13.1 million against this years cap. The Panthers are hoping to lock in a long term deal and maybe reduce that number this year.

For what it's worth, we released DJ Moore, he only played 2 games for us, and he was signed by Tampa Bay.

Just curious as to why only 2 games. Injury ?
He played a decent nickel for the Bears.
:lol: Lovie seems to be bringing a lot of ex Bears to Tampa.
DJ. was his pet project when both were in Chicago.

Just curious about Hixon. What's his story. Heard he's a STs ace . But does that refer to his coverage skills or return ability?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious as to why only 2 games. Injury ?
He played a decent nickel for the Bears.
:lol: Lovie seems to be bringing a lot of ex Bears to Tampa.
DJ. was his pet project when both were in Chicago.

Just curious about Hixon. What's his story. Heard he's a STs ace . But does that refer to his coverage skills or return ability?

Moore was hurt, then Florance and White emerged and he must have gotten lost in shuffle and stashed on IR.

Hixon it is his kick coverage and he a servaceble number 4 or 5 WR cause of his size and he has pretty good hands. he is not a returner tho

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore was hurt, then Florance and White emerged and he must have gotten lost in shuffle and stashed on IR.

Hixon it is his kick coverage and he a servaceble number 4 or 5 WR cause of his size and he has pretty good hands. he is not a returner tho

Thanks for the feedback.:suds:

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what we have so far, with the big targets:
Mitchell to the Steelers.
Munnerlyn to the Vikes.
Ginn to the Cards.

^^^ This is the downside of 1-year contracts, but let's face it - those guys made the best of it, and got themselves multi-years we couldn't afford. It is what it is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what we have so far, with the big targets:
Mitchell to the Steelers.
Munnerlyn to the Vikes.
Ginn to the Cards.

^^^ This is the downside of 1-year contracts, but let's face it - those guys made the best of it, and got themselves multi-years we couldn't afford. It is what it is.

i think Mitchel or Munnerlyn where signable. but Car is in transition. Gettlemen likes the bigger corners and Capt doesnt fit that bill. and Mitchell well i dont know why we didnt do anything on that front

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Mitchel or Munnerlyn where signable. but Car is in transition. Gettlemen likes the bigger corners and Capt doesnt fit that bill. and Mitchell well i dont know why we didnt do anything on that front
I don't know about Mitchell, but I think Captain got $5m a year from the Vikes. Gamecock or no, he wasn't worth that. Truth is, he's a lot better running corner blitzes, and in run support, than coverage.

We've now signed S Roman Harper from the Saints, and some guy Mike McNeill, a backup tight end in St. Louis. Apparently Hartsock might be shown the door. Lol, I believe Harper at one time was trying to collect a bounty on Cam and Smitty. Should be interesting.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Dave Gettleman has some players in mind to replace the ones he's getting rid of soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Mitchell, but I think Captain got $5m a year from the Vikes. Gamecock or no, he wasn't worth that. Truth is, he's a lot better running corner blitzes, and in run support, than coverage.

We've now signed S Roman Harper from the Saints, and some guy Mike McNeill, a backup tight end in St. Louis. Apparently Hartsock might be shown the door. Lol, I believe Harper at one time was trying to collect a bounty on Cam and Smitty. Should be interesting.

yes Munnerlyn was, he was rated the 11th best corner in NFL last year. he actually covers really well especially in the slot.

Harper is the SS to replace Mitchel, hard hitter but not top notch in coverage. similar to Mitchel accept Mitchel was able to move to FS and contribute where as Harper is limited to SS. i dunno this offseason so far is umm well we are loosing more than we are gaining by a long shot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea that shocked me too. i was thinking( and dreading) them bringing him back as the number one for this season. i dont mind him signing with another team.

maybe we make and actual run at James Jones? apparently Gettlemens offer to Nicks(who i wasnt too keen on getting anyway) was a lowball offer. i dunno something just feels extremly off about this offseason

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes Munnerlyn was, he was rated the 11th best corner in NFL last year. he actually covers really well especially in the slot.

Harper is the SS to replace Mitchel, hard hitter but not top notch in coverage. similar to Mitchel accept Mitchel was able to move to FS and contribute where as Harper is limited to SS. i dunno this offseason so far is umm well we are loosing more than we are gaining by a long shot.

I admit he's good in the slot (Rivera said he was great at that), but not an all-day press/shutdown guy, on the outside. Got caught at times downfield, where his height hurt him.

Got this from another site:

1497719_10153941971890201_154590238_n.jpg

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea that shocked me too. i was thinking( and dreading) them bringing him back as the number one for this season. i dont mind him signing with another team.

maybe we make and actual run at James Jones? apparently Gettlemens offer to Nicks(who i wasnt too keen on getting anyway) was a lowball offer. i dunno something just feels extremly off about this offseason

I think there's stuff going on behind the scenes, and that we're going to draft 2 WRs. There may be a guy Gettleman sees in the 3rd round (for example) that he thinks is under-valued. I wouldn't be surprised to see WR/OT/WR, or some permutation thereof. Besides Jones, another guy they're looking at is Jerricho Cotchery:

Jerricho Cotchery to visit Panthers on Monday | ProFootballTalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone wanna do assistant gm for the mock draft on this board>

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I will make main pics. but your would also help me make the best picks possible with what is available...

Ok, did you sign up? I'll try to be around when this goes down. Maybe ONEPANTHERFAN will be back by then, too.