• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctson

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what we are talking about medically but I do know his season was lost before the opener. Had they put him on IR earlier we probably don't lose Reiter and have a legit backup center on our roster.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering how a guy like Sullivan is less than Reiter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what we are talking about medically but I do know his season was lost before the opener. Had they put him on IR earlier we probably don't lose Reiter and have a legit backup center on our roster.

For those of you who have questions about Doctson's condition this might prove helpful to your general knowledge on the subject. BTW: At least one of us has advanced medical knowledge/experience.

What Is Achilles Tendon Lengthening Surgery? | IBJI
www.ibji.com/.../what-is-achilles-tendon-lengthening-su...

Dec 29, 2014 - Achilles tendon lengthening (ATL) is a surgical procedure that aims to stretch the Achilles tendon to allow a person to walk flat-footed without a bend in the knee, or to bring relief to chronic pain. This procedure elongates a contracted Achilles tendon by making small cuts on the tendons at the back of the ankle.

People also ask

What does it mean to release a tendon?
Tendon release, also known as tenotomy, is a surgical procedure that involves cutting through or disconnecting a tendon to allow for a greater range of movement. The procedure is used to relieve tight or shortened muscles.
What is Tendon Release Used to Treat? - Rebound MD
www.reboundmd.com/latest-news/what-is-tendon-release-used-to-treat/
Search for: What does it mean to release a tendon?

What is Achilles tendon lengthening surgery?
Achilles tendon lengthening (ATL) is a surgical procedure that aims to stretch the Achilles tendon to allow a person to walk flat-footed without a bend in the knee, or to bring relief to chronic pain. This procedure elongates a contracted Achilles tendon by making small cuts on the tendons at the back of the ankle.
IBJI What Is Achilles Tendon Lengthening Surgery?
www.ibji.com/.../what-is-achilles-tendon-lengthening-surge...

What is a percutaneous tenotomy?
What Is a Percutaneous Tenotomy? It is a minimally invasive intervention performed under ultrasound guidance (sonogram), utilized in the treatment of chronic tendon problems known as tendinosis or tendinopathy.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering how a guy like Sullivan is less than Reiter.

Have to agree that Sullivan is likely a better back up with more versatility than Reiter offers at the moment. He can play guard not only center.

This doesn't even include Reiters ACL injury, which sort of makes the woulda game difficult.

Only thing against Sullivan is age and back surgery. His salary is reasonable and he is a proven vet.

The thing that frustrates me is developing a guy and to have him plucked off the PS and start... But then again, it's a sign of a good team when your PS begins to be of interest to other teams in the league.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get to over zealous here...Reiter was on the PS for a reason. Picked up by a desperate team needing a center to start and played ok before getting hurt. No real loss there given his selection in the draft. We should be more concerned with Doctson not having played very much at all with a 1st round pick. Cravens & Fuller are showing some promise in year 1 coming off injury last year in college however, the rest of our draft has been a huge disappointment given the injuries and or lack of production.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who have questions about Doctson's condition this might prove helpful to your general knowledge on the subject. BTW: At least one of us has advanced medical knowledge/experience.

What Is Achilles Tendon Lengthening Surgery? | IBJI
www.ibji.com/.../what-is-achilles-tendon-lengthening-su...

Dec 29, 2014 - Achilles tendon lengthening (ATL) is a surgical procedure that aims to stretch the Achilles tendon to allow a person to walk flat-footed without a bend in the knee, or to bring relief to chronic pain. This procedure elongates a contracted Achilles tendon by making small cuts on the tendons at the back of the ankle.

People also ask

What does it mean to release a tendon?
Tendon release, also known as tenotomy, is a surgical procedure that involves cutting through or disconnecting a tendon to allow for a greater range of movement. The procedure is used to relieve tight or shortened muscles.
What is Tendon Release Used to Treat? - Rebound MD
www.reboundmd.com/latest-news/what-is-tendon-release-used-to-treat/
Search for: What does it mean to release a tendon?

Achilles tendon lengthening (ATL) is a surgical procedure that aims to stretch the Achilles tendon to allow a person to walk flat-footed without a bend in the knee, or to bring relief to chronic pain. This procedure elongates a contracted Achilles tendon by making small cuts on the tendons at the back of the ankle.
IBJI What Is Achilles Tendon Lengthening Surgery?
www.ibji.com/.../what-is-achilles-tendon-lengthening-surge...

What is a percutaneous tenotomy?
What Is a Percutaneous Tenotomy? It is a minimally invasive intervention performed under ultrasound guidance (sonogram), utilized in the treatment of chronic tendon problems known as tendinosis or tendinopathy.
Hey sty, if they can do Achilles lengthening surgery to lengthen Achilles' tendons, can they also due lengthening surgery to lengthen other body parts? I have a friend who wants to know.....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sty, if they can do Achilles lengthening surgery to lengthen Achilles' tendons, can they also due lengthening surgery to lengthen other body parts? I have a friend who wants to know.....

That is Hi-larious, @j_y19...I know that you were joking but just in case there's this: (just don't wince as you read about earlier methods) The work is much simpler today but requires some outer skin stretching. For anyone contemplating this, my advice would be to fake severe carpal tunnel in both hands and wrists, then request nurse hottie do the exercises.

Penis Lengthening - SoCal Phalloplasty, Penile Enlargement Surgery ...
www.socalphalloplasty.com/penis-lengthening.htm

Leg Lengthening Surgery - Getting Your Legs Broken for a Few Extra ...
www.odditycentral.com/.../getting-your-legs-broken-for-a-few-extra-inches-a-growin...

Growth Hormone Therapy Ups Kids' Height - WebMD
www.webmd.com/children/news/.../growth-hormone-therapy-ups-kids-heigh...

I don't recommend any of these unless or until there is intensive psychological screening of both patient and/or parent.

Last edited:

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would rather he sit out this year and heal properly. If he rushes back it can become a reoccurring injury. Bottom line I don't want him to be another Malcolm Kelly.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is Hi-larious, @j_y19...I know that you were joking but just in case there's this: (just don't wince as you read about earlier methods) The work is much simpler today but requires some outer skin stretching. For anyone contemplating this, my advice would be to fake severe carpal tunnel in both hands and wrists, then request nurse hottie do the exercises.

www.odditycentral.com/.../getting-your-legs-broken-for-a-few-extra-inches-a-growin...

I don't recommend any of these unless or until there is intensive psychological screening of both patient and/or parent.
Thanks (I think). The growth therapy should work. He is only 32. That's a kid to me.

Of course the first one is intriguing....

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You left out Photoshop :nutswing:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still don't know what the problem is right? Seems a bit premature to discuss cutting his achilles if you ask me. But glad he is on IR, should have done it sooner. By the way I'm not claiming Reiters is Dwight Stevenson. But younger players tend to be better options than an older guy who was sitting on a couch. And he was part of the OL that was gutting us like a fish so it's not like he was a liability in Cleveland. Still not that big of a deal either way.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still don't know what the problem is right? Seems a bit premature to discuss cutting his achilles if you ask me. But glad he is on IR, should have done it sooner. By the way I'm not claiming Reiters is Dwight Stevenson. But younger players tend to be better options than an older guy who was sitting on a couch. And he was part of the OL that was gutting us like a fish so it's not like he was a liability in Cleveland. Still not that big of a deal either way.

There is no way that I would suggest cutting him at any point unless thorough testing has been done. However by all indications thus far it appears that he is still in pain after some of the usual tests have given negative results. Medicine like every other scientific endeavor is about eliminating known causation. Negative reports resulting from MRI and X-Ray testing coupled with typically ordered rest, PT, electrical stimulus, hot and cold therapies all yielding little to no relief leave fewer known possibilities. The one mentioned is at this point, the most obvious least career threatening one.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad for josh
Hope he heals up and has a great career with the exception of 2 Sunday's per season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has tools i just hope he gets to use them , now harris gets a shot

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that means. Is that a rule clarification or a pronouncement that he will be healthy?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that means. Is that a rule clarification or a pronouncement that he will be healthy?

just noting that he is eligible to return to the active roster in week 16, 17 + playoffs if they choose to activate him