• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctson

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why SM punched the wall. I knew there had to be a reason. Will he miss all of pre season?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. But something isn't adding up in so far as info flow on this injury.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I'm fine if Dox has to sit out whatever number of weeks. Just hate the obfuscation regarding it all.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Rick Snider, it would be a real surprise to see Dox in action before the first preseason game on 8/11. He expects Dox to be back practicing and playing before the end of the preseason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just get him healthy and hopefully by the 2nd half of the year he can contribute

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my position that missing this time is critical to his development. I don't want to hear about Crowder, he came out of college as perhaps the best route runner in the entire draft. Doctson is a rare talent that is unpolished and he needs this time to learn.

Everyone knows WR is one of the few positions that takes time. That goes double for a spread offense receiver who has never run a double move until now. He was drafted for the future, his contribution this year would have been minimal anyway. But this could have ramifications down the road if he does not start practicing soon.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get better on the sideline during practice if you are a young pro. It is a disappointment but injury is part of the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports Josh Doctson (Achilles') is expected to miss "no more than two weeks."

Citing "sources," Russini reports Doctson is only dealing with a "sore" Achilles'. Doctson has been out since May, so we suspect the injury is a bit more severe in nature. Nevertheless, it's nice to hear Doctson is close to a return. Doctson needs to get on the practice field to earn an early-season role.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter
Aug 3 - 8:46 PM

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to do much this year . If he does great but when a Wr misses this much time it's hard to catch up

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is frustrating is nobody saw this coming. It was sore way back in May and they held him out as a precaution. To have it still be an issue after 2 months is kind of scary and yeah cause for concern.

I didn't want my last post to imply that missing this time was a total disaster, just a concern.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking as someone who had achilles tendonitis for 2 years (from long distance running and refusing to rest it), it's one of those things where you gotta rest it and hope it doesn't come back on you. He might feel perfectly good one day and start running on it, but he won't know if he's okay until next morning - I would feel the pain before taking my first step the next morning. The only time the achilles felt good was during the run - once it got warmed up. I finally stopped the cycle when the doc said, it's so frayed, it might tear while you're just walking. Training methods are much better now - especially with water exercises. Hopefully, they're not having him run on treadmills or even eliptical machines - those put stress on the tendon. And he better never play basketball again. If he likes playing basketball, that's going to suck for him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SM didn't punch that wall because of a 2 week injury. :2cents:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking as someone who had achilles tendonitis for 2 years (from long distance running and refusing to rest it), it's one of those things where you gotta rest it and hope it doesn't come back on you. He might feel perfectly good one day and start running on it, but he won't know if he's okay until next morning - I would feel the pain before taking my first step the next morning. The only time the achilles felt good was during the run - once it got warmed up. I finally stopped the cycle when the doc said, it's so frayed, it might tear while you're just walking. Training methods are much better now - especially with water exercises. Hopefully, they're not having him run on treadmills or even eliptical machines - those put stress on the tendon. And he better never play basketball again. If he likes playing basketball, that's going to suck for him.
Have plantar fasciitis issues myself for a few years now (and I'm no athlete) and the 'rest' component is the most important and most frustrating part. You sort of need to be able to be on your feet. I do stretching exercises, ice and wrapping, it will feel fine and then it's back like a bad, bad nightmare.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like this at all. Really disappointed in Cooley and felt like he was shit stirring and reaching with this.

One thing to question impact of an injury, quite another to call into question a kids passion for football at this point.

with Cooley's access I almost wonder if he is delivering a message

Now, this isn't all on Cooley. If players or coaches are telling Cooley that they don't believe Doctson loves football, that's their opinion. Cooley also seems to be injecting his own opinion of Doctson, however, when he talks about how unhappy he looks.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Cooley's access I almost wonder if he is delivering a message

If he is, he's not delivering it in a professional manner.

I like a lot about Cooley but he's been wrong on more than one occasion about things. Got to take his opinions with a grain of salt at this point. Examples being 90% sure Kirk gets a LTC immediately comes to mind.