• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctson

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is, he's not delivering it in a professional manner.

I like a lot about Cooley but he's been wrong on more than one occasion about things. Got to take his opinions with a grain of salt at this point. Examples being 90% sure Kirk gets a LTC immediately comes to mind.
Yeah, I'm a big Cooley fan, but he blew it badly on this. Doctson hurt his achilles more than he should have because he WANTED TO PLAY! He didn't tell the coaches at first because he WANTED TO PLAY. Of course he's down because he can't play. That's because he WANTS TO PLAY. Cooley should know that feeling. But... since he's being a jerk about this, I'm going to say what I saw him do near the end of his career. Cooley went on IR one year, and I happened to see him during a regular season week - when his teammates were working hard - at CharlesTown - playing blackjack. He had a hoodie on trying to hide his face, but everyone there who cared could tell it was him. Maybe that's a new form of rehab. I'm not saying what Cooley did was necessarily wrong, but if he wants to jump to conclusions about Doctson when he's injured, he ought to be thankful that the local media didn't jump on him for what he's done when he was injured.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the best option is put doctson on half season IR or full Season Ir he lost so much time no since of putting him on the 53 so we can use that spot for something else for now extra rb or olineman or dlineman etc etc

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the best option is put doctson on half season IR or full Season Ir he lost so much time no since of putting him on the 53 so we can use that spot for something else for now extra rb or olineman or dlineman etc etc

lets give it some more time first

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets give it some more time first

agree, if he can come back in two weeks and find a way to contribute we have to view it as a bonus at this point

while its too soon to write him off for the season ....

if this becomes a nagging injury that continues through the first few weeks of the season then they are going to have not other choice but shut him down

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is IR 'd before the season begins he has to clear waives first doesn't he ? So we will have t think this out

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be idiotic to end his season if it isn't a season ending injury. Even if he comes back in week 10, he can use the remainder of the season to not be a rookie next season. Carrying an extra something is a stupid thing to do over a first round pick.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones...

● Training camp will conclude on Monday without rookie Josh Doctson having taken a single snap because of the ongoing soreness in his right Achilles’ tendon. At this point, it wouldn’t come as a surprise if he winds up opening the regular season on the PUP list. Doctson still hasn’t done any on-field running. The Redskins continue to play down their level of concern, as they say it’s important to do this the right way and properly heal and strengthen the tendon rather than rushing the rookie into action. Likely playing in the back of General Manager Scot McCloughan’s mind is San Francisco’s situation in 2009 with Michael Crabtree, who in 2009 (while McCloughan was GM there) broke his foot, had to have surgery, rushed back after missing a chunk of the season. Crabtree then was hampered by that foot off and on over the next two years and had to have another surgery in 2011 on the same foot. The Redskins don’t want this to be an off-and-on injury that continues to flare up off and on for Doctson. They’d rather take their time, even if it means having Doctson open the year on the PUP list, which would force him to miss the first six weeks of the regular season, and get the problem completely corrected

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see the pup for him

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we can add a person for six weeks then cut him when Doctson gets on the 53 ? since doctson was automatic on the 53

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess we still can put him on the 53 but inactive since teams can only suit up 48-49

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pissed at this but as I keep saying this pick was an investment for the future.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder started late last year. Remember Roberts? lol. Should be back by October.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder started late last year. Remember Roberts? lol. Should be back by October.

I already addressed this. Crowder came into the draft as perhaps the most polished route runner in it. Doctson is an incredible talent that needs to be developed, he has literally never run a double move in his life. He needs the work much more than Crowder did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already addressed this. Crowder came into the draft as perhaps the most polished route runner in it. Doctson is an incredible talent that needs to be developed, he has literally never run a double move in his life. He needs the work much more than Crowder did.

True but when he does come back he is not expected to do what Crowder did like playing in the slot. Doctson would probably be used in redzone situations for fades or back shoulder throws. Even if he only knows 3 routes that's enough for this year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but when he does come back he is not expected to do what Crowder did like playing in the slot. Doctson would probably be used in redzone situations for fades or back shoulder throws. Even if he only knows 3 routes that's enough for this year.

It's just a shame. DJax is always hurt and had Doc been ready to go at OTAs he very well could have stepped in for him in October. Now as you said he will probably be limited to certain situations.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's let this play out. Some first : we will see what happens

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's let this play out. Some first : we will see what happens

Agreed. But let's hope Doctson doesn't become like some habitually delinquent tenant who promises you rent the next week . . . but then in a few days . . . and so on and so on. Fortunately, he is, as someone mentioned, an investment, and one that we don't have to cash in anytime soon. But he'll be asked to play a central role next year when D-Jax and/or Pierre will be gone. And in order to do that, he needs as much experience as he can get this year to make that happen. Hopefully, this will all blow over in a week or so.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see Wr takin with are top 3 draft picks this year