• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctson

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dox so far has started year one like malcolm kelly i wouldnt activate him at all unless he is 100% we dont need him at this point at less then 100%

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dox so far has started year one like malcolm kelly i wouldnt activate him at all unless he is 100% we dont need him at this point at less then 100%
I agree. But I am curious what his status is. It would be nice to see him play in a couple of games before the off season. Might help make some tough decisions on Jackson and/or Garcon.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i disagree ... we invested a 1st round pick in this kid

and any post season experience he might have the opportunity to get under his belt would only help him ....

especially because that experience is often rare & comes at a premium

i'm not saying he should be starting ... or running fade routes in the endzone.

but he could be dressed out & participating on ST

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and any post season experience he might have the opportunity to get under his belt would only help him ....

I agree with Dad. Only if he is 100% healthy. We need this achilles thing to clear up for good. Don't need a setback.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

only if he 100% healthy

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can rebuild him

we have the technology

WFLTKuv.png

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way he should be on STs.

what ?

but I put him out there on Madden 17 ... lol

ok ... i was just trying to think of something they could use him for, but yeah ... you're right

hopefully after 5 weeks of being in a boot he can get out there tho

i still wonder if he is suffering from a phantom injury ...

you know ... the type of injury a 1st round pick might suffer when they want to skate through the first year of their rookie contract.

whats you medical opinion on this @Stymietee

can a player play through the discomfort of tendinitis without risk of further injury ?

Redskins rookie Josh Doctson ‘fighting through’ tendinitis as workload increases

Doctson, the Redskins’ first-round pick in the 2016 draft, said he is still not feeling 100 percent after getting electric shock therapy for what he was told is tendinitis in his Achilles.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should play it safe. A first rounder is a huge investment and we are good at WR this season.

I do think we should get him out there even if it is only a couple of plays per game...as long as there is no risk of further injury. Maybe a RZ look or two.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only if he is 100%

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But I am curious what his status is. It would be nice to see him play in a couple of games before the off season. Might help make some tough decisions on Jackson and/or Garcon.

Wasn't the whole reason of drafting Docston was that the Skins were going to cut ties with Jackson after the season ended? Jackson asking price is going to be crazy and he is just a one trick pony. Plus he is injury prone not worth the money at all. On the other hand Garcon asking price would be a lot less and he does more for this team than Jackson does.

The drafting of Doctson was the end of the Jackson era in DC. NO matter what kind of season he had.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the whole reason of drafting Docston was that the Skins were going to cut ties with Jackson after the season ended? Jackson asking price is going to be crazy and he is just a one trick pony. Plus he is injury prone not worth the money at all. On the other hand Garcon asking price would be a lot less and he does more for this team than Jackson does.

The drafting of Doctson was the end of the Jackson era in DC. NO matter what kind of season he had.
The reason why we drafted Doctson was because SM deemed him the BPA when our pick came up. Im sure there was little thought about Jackson or Garcon when Scot decided to take him. I wouldn't be so quick to predict the demise of Jackson here in DC. While I would agree that the chances of him coming back are less than 50%, that is not a given, no matter if we drafted Doctson or not.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why we drafted Doctson was because SM deemed him the BPA when our pick came up. Im sure there was little thought about Jackson or Garcon when Scot decided to take him. I wouldn't be so quick to predict the demise of Jackson here in DC. While I would agree that the chances of him coming back are less than 50%, that is not a given, no matter if we drafted Doctson or not.

I disagree. The fact that Garcon and jax were BOTH to become FA had a huge role in the decision to draft a WR at #22. Even if Doctson was gone I believe Treadwell would of been the pick. It has been known the Jackson is not a SM guy.

Matter of fact if Doctson stayed healthy and produced Jackson could of been traded before the trade deadline and we would of got something for him. If we sign Jackson over Garcon I would be very upset. Garcon is the more complete WR. Its been rumored that Garcon market value is 7/8mil. Jackson 9/10. No way he is worth the extra money.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The fact that Garcon and jax were BOTH to become FA had a huge role in the decision to draft a WR at #22. Even if Doctson was gone I believe Treadwell would of been the pick. It has been known the Jackson is not a SM guy.

Matter of fact if Doctson stayed healthy and produced Jackson could of been traded before the trade deadline and we would of got something for him. If we sign Jackson over Garcon I would be very upset. Garcon is the more complete WR. Its been rumored that Garcon market value is 7/8mil. Jackson 9/10. No way he is worth the extra money.
jax and garcon are worth about 7 mi, a piece . what if we pay up for pryor ? that could be in the cards . but if i am the GM i would be trying to sign both back if i could because josh kelley docston isnt a sure thing

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the whole reason of drafting Docston was that the Skins were going to cut ties with Jackson after the season ended
Whole reason...I don't think so. More like BPA especially if you credit Scot would have taken the C Kelly if he'd been there.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole reason...I don't think so. More like BPA especially if you credit Scot would have taken the C Kelly if he'd been there.

I agree with the Kelly statement but he was gone so that is why they went Doctson

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can disagree all you want Dean...there is 0 basis for it. SM's MO is to draft BPA.
How could anyone believe anything else? First, SM has stated numerous times that he always goes BPA. Second, with all of the other holes we have on defense, why else would he take a player at a position where we are loaded other than its part of his BPA philosophy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon/Jackson FA factored into the decision. That is why its a great pick b/c its about the future.