• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule needs to be enforced all around. Yes the QB, RB or punter do it to prevent a TD and give up a safety, but then they should also be penalized. Granted these plays don't happen all the time, but this is what happens when rules aren't fully enforced.

It's a stupid rule. Just get the intent out of there. I'm sure what you'll see is players flailing around a little bit when they swipe it out of bounds in the future to hide the "intent". Even the refs didn't know it was a rule.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a stupid rule. Just get the intent out of there. I'm sure what you'll see is players flailing around a little bit when they swipe it out of bounds in the future to hide the "intent". Even the refs didn't know it was a rule.

There is no intent in the rule that is just some BS the ref gave who didnt call it. This is the rule and there is nothing said about intent:

CQmwH7DUAAQ2L_W.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is there to keep a player from doing that just to prevent another player from recovering, which in this case there were no Lions anywhere close to the ball. It would have been mayhem and more controversial had the "right" call been made and the Lions were given extra chances when they fumbled it away.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no intent in the rule that is just some BS the ref gave who didnt call it. This is the rule and there is nothing said about intent:

View attachment 37237

Dumb rule though.... I thought it was a good no call... Detroit should a held onto the ball ... Plus KJ could a just grabbed the ball if he knew the rule... But I don't think most players are even aware of it...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb rule though.... I thought it was a good no call... Detroit should a held onto the ball ... Plus KJ could a just grabbed the ball if he knew the rule... But I don't think most players are even aware of it...

The rule is in place when players are scrambling in the endzone after a fumble and prevent anyone from gaining an advantage by batting the ball out of bounds.

However, the KJ Wright situation was unique, there was no Lions near the ball and it was going to go out of bounds regardless. You see refs eat the flag all the time and it was a judgment call by the Line Judge.

Let be clear here in saying that KJ Wright batting the ball out has no affect on the outcome of the game... the play by Kam Chancellor did.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is in place when players are scrambling in the endzone after a fumble and prevent anyone from gaining an advantage by batting the ball out of bounds.

However, the KJ Wright situation was unique, there was no Lions near the ball and it was going to go out of bounds regardless. You see refs eat the flag all the time and it was a judgment call by the Line Judge.

Let be clear here in saying that KJ Wright batting the ball out has no affect on the outcome of the game... the play by Kam Chancellor did.

Right... It's funny hearing people say Seattle got a gift though... We dominated that game defensively and deserved to win it... We almost gave it away, and if that call was made it would a been a gift for Detroit not a gimme for us... Kam made a great play, no Detroit players were near that ball, and it would a been a dam shame because that ball was heading out of bounds regardless.. It's a tick tack rule ...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... It's funny hearing people say Seattle got a gift though... We dominated that game defensively and deserved to win it... We almost gave it away, and if that call was made it would a been a gift for Detroit not a gimme for us... Kam made a great play, no Detroit players were near that ball, and it would a been a dam shame because that ball was heading out of bounds regardless.. It's a tick tack rule ...

No doubt a ticky tack rule. Let's face it, whatever rules are in place it does not benefit the defense it is designed for the offense. I don't see how you can reward a player for fumbling the ball at the goal line, then give the ball back to the offense after their mistake!

People talk about how the NBA allows players to decide the game... well, the refs did that last night, he ate the flag. I can guarantee you that 99% of the players and people around the league were not aware of this rule.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt a ticky tack rule. Let's face it, whatever rules are in place it does not benefit the defense it is designed for the offense. I don't see how you can reward a player for fumbling the ball at the goal line, then give the ball back to the offense after their mistake!

People talk about how the NBA allows players to decide the game... well, the refs did that last night, he ate the flag. I can guarantee you that 99% of the players and people around the league were not aware of this rule.

I know .. But suddenly all the Seahawks haters are experts on the rule...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question should be why does the defense get the ball if an offense fumbles the ball out of the endzone? If an offense fumbles the ball out of bounds in the field of play they get the ball there. But only if a ball is fumbled in the endzone and then goes out of bounce does it go to the the defense. The defense never recovers the ball and in some cases does not even touch the ball to cause the fumble but suddenly they get it for doing nothing.

In last nights case the defense did hit the ball but a few weeks back the running back from the Redskins fumbled as he was falling around the one yard line and the ball rolled across the goaline and out of bounds just past the pylon and it was given to the defense.

It makes no sense to me that is the rule and needs to be reviewed by the NFL and would take care of this problem.

If the defense never obtains possession in the endzone should they get the ball?

A survey should be done on this and see how people feel about it once they think about it.