• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desean Jackson

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
According to profootballtalk, the Seahawks have no interest in Jackson whatsoever and the 49ers organization has denied having interest in him as well, which is pretty much in line with what we've been saying here and which also makes sense given both teams' financial situations.

I think he eventually ends up with Vick and the Jets since they're the only team that I know of that has openly expressed interest in him.

Seahawks have ?no interest at all? in DeSean Jackson | ProFootballTalk

Teams are going to publicly deny it for fear of tampering.

With that said as I mentioned earlier DeSean makes 0 sense for the Hawks. That's not to say they wouldn't take him on the cheap but that's not going to happen.

I believe the 9ers are actually interested but unless they can convince him to restructure there isn't really anyway for them to acquire him even if they were willing to meet the Eagle's asking price.

Jets are my guess in where he winds up.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are going to publicly deny it for fear of tampering.

With that said as I mentioned earlier DeSean makes 0 sense for the Hawks. That's not to say they wouldn't take him on the cheap but that's not going to happen.

I believe the 9ers are actually interested but unless they can convince him to restructure there isn't really anyway for them to acquire him even if they were willing to meet the Eagle's asking price.

Jets are my guess in where he winds up.

There's no way in convincing Desean to restructure since he's stated he wanted more money the day after he signed his contract. Plus too many red flags with this guy, let the Jets deal with that headache.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was rumored to be interested in Jackson. That seems to have cooled off and Jackson indicated on twitter he'd be back in Philly next season. However.....with Jared Allen signing with the Bears do you think Seattle would take another look at Jackson? Now that they know they won't be spending any money on Allen could they potentially push that money into an offer for Jackson instead? It's not like we're super deep at WR and could you imagine lining up DJack and Harvin together? It would be a track meet.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was rumored to be interested in Jackson. That seems to have cooled off and Jackson indicated on twitter he'd be back in Philly next season. However.....with Jared Allen signing with the Bears do you think Seattle would take another look at Jackson? Now that they know they won't be spending any money on Allen could they potentially push that money into an offer for Jackson instead? It's not like we're super deep at WR and could you imagine lining up DJack and Harvin together? It would be a track meet.

It's a possibility that Seahawks could look at Desean Jackson again. Chip Kelly's presser this morning basically said everybody is on the table. Desean thinks he's staying, but I have this feeling he's going to get moved because the Eagles haven't given him a vote of confidence on him returning. Both Howie Rosemen and Jeffrey Lurie were a no comment about Jackson staying with the Eagles. It's an uneasy feeling in Eagle land at the moment.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is now released, but I still don't see him as a hawks, he's going to want too much money.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If it wasn't for Harvin I would consider the Hawks serious players in the chase but I still have a tough time envisioning them tying up cap space with two receivers of the same mold with big money due to other more vital players and not even running an explosive offense in the first place.

Unless he comes on the cheap which he likely won't I don't see him on the Hawks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This guy is exactly why I was hoping Seattle would sign Jared Allen. I do not want to face Desean Jackson twice a year. Please take one from a Seattle native, Lane Staley & stay away:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord I hope not. Team Cancer.

Cancers don't last on this team. If he comes and stays, Pete knows how to handle him. 1-2 year minimal deal and I say do it, but really, that's the only way we could sign him anyways.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't worry it's Jason LaCanfora reporting it and he's one of the least plugged in "insiders" out there.

Now when Jay Glazer reports it than it would be something to get my attention.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry it's Jason LaCanfora reporting it and he's one of the least plugged in "insiders" out there.

Now when Jay Glazer reports it than it would be something to get my attention.

Speaking of jumping the gun. Which ESPN guy was linked to the Allen done deal in seattle article last week?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of jumping the gun. Which ESPN guy was linked to the Allen done deal in seattle article last week?

La Canfora never actually reported anything. All he said in that tweet was he has a "gut feeling" Seattle will be a major player for DJack.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La Canfora never actually reported anything. All he said in that tweet was he has a "gut feeling" Seattle will be a major player for DJack.

I highly doubt it, that would mean he's willingly taking a pay cut. which everything ive read about him, ie bitching about his new contract after sigining says he wont do that.

Plus the hawks need to sign the big 3.

but stranger things have happened....so who knows

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it, that would mean he's willingly taking a pay cut. which everything ive read about him, ie bitching about his new contract after sigining says he wont do that.

Plus the hawks need to sign the big 3.

but stranger things have happened....so who knows

Since nobody offered anything to the Eagles while they were shopping him he should know that he is going to be taking a pay cut no matter where he goes. The $10.25M was never going to happen. That is up there with Calvin Johnson kind of money and Jackson is no Calvin Johnson.

Seattle was going to pay Tate about $4M or $5M I think. So that's the starting point. If they were willing to pay $4M for a WR then how much more on top of that would you need to add to get DJack? Maybe $3M? I dunno. Just spitballing here. But if he'd sign for around $6-$8M would he be worth it? Probably. That would take care of a big need on the team and allow us to use the draft for OL and DL. The hiccup is going to be that Jackson will probably be looking for a long term deal with lots of guaranteed money. If Seattle's bean counters can get creative maybe its possible. Should be interesting to watch what happens if nothing else.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that DJack was the Eagles best receiver last year, is in the prime of his career and they are taking a $6+ million dollar cap hit by releasing him, but they still feel that releasing him is the better option? Those are some major RED flags, right there. Seems that there is something seriously wrong here that is not totally explained and I would prefer the Hawks just stayed away from this one.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My guess is he winds up with the Jets.

They're interested, have no problems bringing in any type of player, they have the need, and can/will likely offer the most money.

The only way I see him going to the Seahawks or 9ers if he wants to go there and is willing to do a deal to make it happen numbers wise.

But he seems all about the money which is why I think the Jets are the most likely landing spot.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he winds up with the Jets.

They're interested, have no problems bringing in any type of player, they have the need, and can/will likely offer the most money.

The only way I see him going to the Seahawks or 9ers if he wants to go there and is willing to do a deal to make it happen numbers wise.

But he seems all about the money which is why I think the Jets are the most likely landing spot.

That's my guess too. I can't remember where I read/heard this, but somebody said that Jackson liked playing with Vick in Philly and if that's true, then the Jets would seem to be the favorite to land him unless a team like the Raiders comes in and blows away all other offers for him. Oakland has the money and a need at receiver, so it'd be a good fit as long as winning isn't on the top of his list of priorities.