• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Payton goes in on Hackett

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro really said, nah its everyone else's fault RW sucked ass last year.
....and by saying that, he just put 3 more bricks in the bag RW is carrying.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think that maybe Sean Payton is realizing his roster sucks and he’s about to go 6-11

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold the phone ....it just hit me that this is a bit out of Character for Sean Peyton.
There is a chance this was planned PR move to spin what happened last year to cover for Wilson.

And we all know that Wilson's ego is far larger they we thought is was ...maybe he pushed for it or management?

I just don't see why he would give the Sports media parasites this big bone to chew on without some sort of motive.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton has always been cocky and arrogant and although this is pretty rare to call out the former coach, it's really pretty much spot on. Hackett was flat out horrible and in way over his head like Freddie Kitchens was. Russell Wilson had a horrible year, no denying that and has to bounce back bigtime if he wants to save face and his legacy. Fwiw, I think wilson has a solid bounceback because he knows now bad he was and Payton will coach him smarter. I kinda think this was Payton putting the spotlight more on him and taking some of the glare off Wilson as much as anything. This now makes week 5 in Mile High a huge storyline though. The media is going to lap this up like a bunch of hogs at the trough.

Reactions: DJ

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a bears fan, it always goes back to, we could have had Mahomes over Trubisky, but Mahomes had Andy Reid. Go back further, we could have had Brees instead of Cutler, but Brees had Payton.

The greatest coaches are the greatest motivators, and if Payton knows his personnel, he knows exactly what he is doing.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sean Payton can make crab legs a serviceable qb I'm sure he can nurse Wilson along too until he gets a better replacement...hell Payton had a glorified wr as his back up qb for years in nola and people started thinking that guy was trade worthy

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sean got into the edibles a little too much that morning? He's been partaking in the local customs in Colorado

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sean got into the edibles a little too much that morning? He's been partaking in the local customs in Colorado

ice-t hater GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton has always been cocky and arrogant and although this is pretty rare to call out the former coach, it's really pretty much spot on. Hackett was flat out horrible and in way over his head like Freddie Kitchens was. Russell Wilson had a horrible year, no denying that and has to bounce back bigtime if he wants to save face and his legacy. Fwiw, I think wilson has a solid bounceback because he knows now bad he was and Payton will coach him smarter. I kinda think this was Payton putting the spotlight more on him and taking some of the glare off Wilson as much as anything. This now makes week 5 in Mile High a huge storyline though. The media is going to lap this up like a bunch of hogs at the trough.

I still thought Hackett was always overrated. I was one of the folks not understanding the Broncos hype and said on this board routinely they'd be lucky to make the playoffs.

Naturally a bunch of folks on this forum said I was jealous and just pissed. I never in my life saw how everyone thought the Broncos were now Super Bowl contenders. New HC, lost their OL coach, lost their DC... Sutton had one good year, Jeudy could not stay healthy, they lost a RB... their OL was overrated to begin with (it was the SAME PFF grades as Seattle)... Wilson has his finger issue/was getting slow/no longer could extend plays/and making boneheaded downfield decisions for his dumbass Team 3. Regardless, the Broncos hype last year was one of the dumbest overreactions I've seen in quite some time. And no surprise that's why Rodgers hasn't gotten a lot of media hype in NY.

That said, Hackett never called the offense in Green Bay. LaFleur did all the offensive playcalling. Hackett and Rodgers got along and I'm sure Hackett gave advice to LaFleur, but Hackett was a glorified caddie at that point. So the fact people think he's going into NY and going to be some mastermind and run that offense brilliantly with Rodgers is laughable to me.

Rodgers is basically almost at the point in his career where he'll just do what he wants and Hackett will pull down his pants and bend over on the 3 and out with Rodgers coming back to the sideline.

I do agree with you Payton saying what he did takes the spotlight and pressure of Wilson, which is what a good coach does. And I think the humbling Wilson got last season was the best thing for him. He was getting too arrogant in Seattle and needed to be knocked down a peg and take his team 3 bullshit and stuff it up his own ass. I also think the org as a whole failed... they spent so much time and money on marketing ("Let's Ride"), commercials, advertisement, the DANGERwich (WTF was that?), etc. they lost sight of football.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still thought Hackett was always overrated. I was one of the folks not understanding the Broncos hype and said on this board routinely they'd be lucky to make the playoffs.

Naturally a bunch of folks on this forum said I was jealous and just pissed. I never in my life saw how everyone thought the Broncos were now Super Bowl contenders. New HC, lost their OL coach, lost their DC... Sutton had one good year, Jeudy could not stay healthy, they lost a RB... their OL was overrated to begin with (it was the SAME PFF grades as Seattle)... Wilson has his finger issue/was getting slow/no longer could extend plays/and making boneheaded downfield decisions for his dumbass Team 3. Regardless, the Broncos hype last year was one of the dumbest overreactions I've seen in quite some time. And no surprise that's why Rodgers hasn't gotten a lot of media hype in NY.

That said, Hackett never called the offense in Green Bay. LaFleur did all the offensive playcalling. Hackett and Rodgers got along and I'm sure Hackett gave advice to LaFleur, but Hackett was a glorified caddie at that point. So the fact people think he's going into NY and going to be some mastermind and run that offense brilliantly with Rodgers is laughable to me.

Rodgers is basically almost at the point in his career where he'll just do what he wants and Hackett will pull down his pants and bend over on the 3 and out with Rodgers coming back to the sideline.

I do agree with you Payton saying what he did takes the spotlight and pressure of Wilson, which is what a good coach does. And I think the humbling Wilson got last season was the best thing for him. He was getting too arrogant in Seattle and needed to be knocked down a peg and take his team 3 bullshit and stuff it up his own ass. I also think the org as a whole failed... they spent so much time and money on marketing ("Let's Ride"), commercials, advertisement, the DANGERwich (WTF was that?), etc. they lost sight of football.
I’m not read all of that. I’m sorry that happened. or congratulations!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not read all of that. I’m sorry that happened. or congratulations!
Hahaha shark has been writing some long ass posts this week.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also went in on the Jets saying they only winners in offseason....that Jets vs Broncos game needs to be on prime time....LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AR will be the OC...

Duh.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also went in on the Jets saying they only winners in offseason....that Jets vs Broncos game needs to be on prime time....LOL.
Yeah, not untrue but the Broncos were the media darling last off-season so that game could be interesting.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Hackett wanted Russ to let him suck his dick but Russ said "Hell naw, I got Ciara to do that." So Hackett decided trying a gazillion yard FG was a good way to start a season. Conversely, A.R. is all in on the aforementioned dick sucking by a dude thing. Just putting that out there, lol
not-anything-wrong-with.jpeg

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh. I'm not the greatest NFL historian, but I am 100% sure that's made up. And it's not even a good make believe fact.

I think that he meant first year coaches fired in the middle of their first season.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he meant first year coaches fired in the middle of their first season.
Even then there were other guys in the 70s or 80s or something, one of them being Lou Holtz. I didn't look up who the other one was but they were definitely not only NFL history, but even Superbowl era.