• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desean Jackson

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to WRs, I really am not concerned with anyone. CC, ET, Maxwell and Sherman are more than capable of taking care of any receiver corps. This defense embarassed the best recieving corps in the NFL in the Super Bowl, and that was against a QB that is leaps and bounds above what the 9ers trot out there every week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was reported was an excessive speeding ticket, which is minor. He actually was taken into custody because of drugs and illegal guns found in the back of his car. The Eagles haven't said yet and they may not, but multiple times they got a call from NFL security about him plus Eagles security was also involved on a couple of different occasions. A lot of problems were kept quiet to keep him from getting suspended.

Also hearing there is some concern that he has ties to a major gang in LA that the Eagles were afraid eventually would get him in some major trouble. Probably good he didn't go to a West Coast team if that is true.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hearing there is some concern that he has ties to a major gang in LA that the Eagles were afraid eventually would get him in some major trouble. Probably good he didn't go to a West Coast team if that is true.

Here is where that thought process is bullshit. You don't think that Sherman knows some gangbangers in Compton? Or Gore doesn't have friends growing up that turned to gangs whereas he had athletics back in Miami? The idea that because these guys are "affiliated" with guys in gangs so that it automatically is guilty by association is crap. If you were to poll players on EVERY team in the NFL, you are looking at probably at least 25% (pulling this random number out of my ass admittedly) have friends in gangs or have known guys to be in gangs. It's a bullshit claim for DeSean and doesn't speak to the issue. The issue is that DeSean's probably a bit of a prima donna and that his salary with the Eagles was averaging something around 10 mil per for the next three seasons. The Eagles probably figured that they jumped the gun and are realizing that they paid him like a #1 when he is not a #1, but rather a GREAT vertical threat and probably best utilized as a complimentary #2 who opens up the offense.

The article that came out the same day he was released, reporting his ties to the Rollin' 20's Crips here in LA is simply character assassination. He hasn't been arrested for any gang activity, simply questioned based on friends from his neighborhood growing up. It does little to list all of the great things that Jackson has done for multiple communities around LA, the Bay Area, and Philly. Actions speak louder then words and so far, DeSean has been in the league 5+ years without any gang incident to speak of.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where that thought process is bullshit. You don't think that Sherman knows some gangbangers in Compton? Or Gore doesn't have friends growing up that turned to gangs whereas he had athletics back in Miami? The idea that because these guys are "affiliated" with guys in gangs so that it automatically is guilty by association is crap. If you were to poll players on EVERY team in the NFL, you are looking at probably at least 25% (pulling this random number out of my ass admittedly) have friends in gangs or have known guys to be in gangs. It's a bullshit claim for DeSean and doesn't speak to the issue. The issue is that DeSean's probably a bit of a prima donna and that his salary with the Eagles was averaging something around 10 mil per for the next three seasons. The Eagles probably figured that they jumped the gun and are realizing that they paid him like a #1 when he is not a #1, but rather a GREAT vertical threat and probably best utilized as a complimentary #2 who opens up the offense.

The article that came out the same day he was released, reporting his ties to the Rollin' 20's Crips here in LA is simply character assassination. He hasn't been arrested for any gang activity, simply questioned based on friends from his neighborhood growing up. It does little to list all of the great things that Jackson has done for multiple communities around LA, the Bay Area, and Philly. Actions speak louder then words and so far, DeSean has been in the league 5+ years without any gang incident to speak of.

I understand that. Not trying to assassinate the guys character one bit. Just adding to the list of rumors of why he was possibly terminated by the Eagles. I agree his salary was out of control compared to that of the play on the field so I don't blame the Eagles one bit for letting him go just for that reason alone. Now yes there are reports of other incidents whether it be in the locker room or off the field as well that he was causing the Eagles to be uneasy about his actions.

Saying that he has ties to a gang that he is known for spending time with in the off season is something for a team to worry about as that is the time that players seem to make the stupidest decisions. They get bored and somehow get talked into doing something that they shouldn't. Now I am not saying he should be punished for hanging out with some of his childhood friends but yes me as an owner paying a guy as much as I am I would be a little worried about that as well. I mean he could be driving to the movies with some of these guys when all of a sudden a gun fight breaks out. Now he might not be guilty of shooting anyone as he might not know this is going to happen but he definitely could be in trouble for just even being present. Hard to prove he would be completely innocent in the situation. So again it would make me a bit uneasy. Players for years have been getting in trouble for not cutting ties to their old friends who end up dragging the player down than the player bringing them up.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherm made some very good points in this article. Richard Sherman: DeSean Jackson and I can't change where we're from | The MMQB with Peter King

If the Eagles thought there was reason for concern, then fine...cut him(it's within their rights) and get on with your team. Where I have the problem is.. They shouldn't feel the need to imply things to the media that are just a hunch and try to damage a mans career. They should of just said "we appreciate what DJax has done for us, but due to financial issues we have to move on" and it's over without dragging a very good player for that team 'the last few seasons' through the mud.
On that note.... DJax is an idiot for putting himself in this position. He has to conduct himself better in the public eye. Why would he do something as stupid as flashing gang signs from one of the most notorious gangs in the country on national tv? When you are talking about millions of dollars, I would like to think that I wouldn't bring that kind of attention to myself! DuH!!

Something must of went awfully wrong for a player of that talent to be cut by a team that really needs him.

I think it had more to do with the fact that Vick left, and Foles and Cooper developed a pretty good chemistry last season. JMHO DJax was a pretty big supporter of Vick!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great read, and an accurate one. Judging a player for a past he had no choice in, or some semblance of loyalty to those who were undoubtedly there for him, and helped him get where he is today, simply isn't fair. Now the world isn't fair, but I agree with Sherman. We should strive for better than that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New reports came out today that Desean Jackson yelled at Chip Kelly multiple times in the locker room trying to push him around because he was a rookie coach. His attitude inside the locker room became a distraction because of his I attitude. If the Eagles won and Jackson only had 40 rec yds, he was the only guy pissed off but if the Eagles lost and he had his 100 yd game, he was the only guy happy. That pissed off a lot of players. I'm sure there's more story to come in the coming days.