• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver VS Seattle Preseason Game 2

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord when the announcers mention your name start referencing cuts and "you don't want that" YEEESH.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason, but still got their asses handed to them. This isn't losing, it's getting beat down like dogs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah preseason but it's not fun to watch a beat down.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things we’ve learned through preseason is that Mr. Magoo doesn’t belong on a roster

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason, but still got their asses handed to them. This isn't losing, it's getting beat down like dogs.
I think you mean to say:

"This isn't losing, it's not even TRYING to compete."

Being exposed for our lack of short-yardage defense (Thanks, Norton), not to mention McGough's pathetic attempt at quarterbacking...

I'm sorry, but I don't see us getting many wins this year, even WITH Wilson at the helm. They've been sabotaged.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean to say:

"This isn't losing, it's not even TRYING to compete."

Being exposed for our lack of short-yardage defense (Thanks, Norton), not to mention McGough's pathetic attempt at quarterbacking...

I'm sorry, but I don't see us getting many wins this year, even WITH Wilson at the helm. They've been sabotaged.

Well one thing is clear, we need help at corner and we need a competent back up QB… Also, our roster isn’t deep enough, we have a serious lack of depth right now.. I effin hate that we only had 3 draft picks this year, we can’t do that again for a very long time, WE need our draft picks and more depth on this roster … That being said, our starters are good, so this won’t matter soon … Denver also had there starters against our backups for a while …

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As painful as that was to watch last night (outside of a couple individual performances), I just refuse to get worried about the team when hardly any of the players who'll determine the overall success are on the field. I know we didn't have pre-season last year, so maybe we sort of forgot how this all works?

Brooks, Dallas, and Rasheem Green continue to look good, so that's probably the biggest positive. Brooks is a starter at this point, so I am actually surprised to see him getting so much time through these first 2 games.

McGough has struggled, but it's pretty clear to me that Geno Smith had the backup QB position from day 1 anyway, and I don't think how either McGough or Mannion play reflects on the new OC's system. As a baseball analogy, we are putting guys out there to chew up innings in a game that is out of reach or inconsequential. This will be a complete different animal with Russell Wilson, Chris Carson, DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, Everett/Dissly, and starting offensive linemen. As far as I can tell, those players have a combined 0 snaps so far, but maybe one of the TEs snuck out there a couple times undetected.

Seasons for Ursua and BBK could be over. I haven't seen any news on those injuries, but it didn't look good. At least we are deep at those positions I guess, but it's still a bummer for them. Maybe we'll get lucky and hear some good news.

Not sure we are going to see RW or the other critical players in the final fake game, so brace yourselves for that. It's how things are going around the league, though, and not just something the Hawks are doing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing is clear, we need help at corner and we need a competent back up QB… Also, our roster isn’t deep enough, we have a serious lack of depth right now.. I effin hate that we only had 3 draft picks this year, we can’t do that again for a very long time, WE need our draft picks and more depth on this roster … That being said, our starters are good, so this won’t matter soon … Denver also had there starters against our backups for a while …
Geno Smith is the backup, and he's competent at that as far as backups go. After his head injury in week 1, it's gonna be McGough & Mannion the rest of the way.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith is the backup, and he's competent at that as far as backups go. After his head injury in week 1, it's gonna be McGough & Mannion the rest of the way.

We might want to kick the tires a bit for a veteran backup, just for a little security, I’m not really sold on our backups giving us any kinda chance should Wilson get an injury… Geno being the best option, little more depth there would be nice …

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might want to kick the tires a bit for a veteran backup, just for a little security, I’m not really sold on our backups giving us any kinda chance should Wilson get an injury… Geno being the best option, little more depth there would be nice …
Geno Smith *is* a veteran backup. Take a look at the list of backup QBs across the league. The days of Steve Young playing behind Joe Montana are long over. When you have a hard cap and a top shelf QB that is as durable as RW, you can afford to take some risk at QB2 when you are as confident as you can be that your top guy is going to be available. If this were MLB, sure, spend bucks on a position that you may never need. Do that in the NFL, and you sacrifice depth somewhere else where you're going to play multiple guys every game at the 1 position.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flat,750x1000,075,f.u4.jpg

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith *is* a veteran backup. Take a look at the list of backup QBs across the league. The days of Steve Young playing behind Joe Montana are long over. When you have a hard cap and a top shelf QB that is as durable as RW, you can afford to take some risk at QB2 when you are as confident as you can be that your top guy is going to be available. If this were MLB, sure, spend bucks on a position that you may never need. Do that in the NFL, and you sacrifice depth somewhere else where you're going to play multiple guys every game at the 1 position.

Oh yeah, it’s hard to find a legit starter at the number 2 spot, you just want at least a smart game manager that gives a slight chance … We’ve seen some painful QB play so far with our depth chart …

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, it’s hard to find a legit starter at the number 2 spot, you just want at least a smart game manager that gives a slight chance … We’ve seen some painful QB play so far with our depth chart …
For me, about the perfect backup QB is actually a guy like Geno Smith -- been in the league quite a while, has experience as a starter, doesn't cost much money, and isn't much of a threat to be able to get hired off as a starter somewhere else. You can find other guys with higher ceilings or more "potential" but they may not be able to come into games at a moment's notice and be effective for what you hope is a short period of time.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ursua is gone for the season with a torn ACL. I fully support not playing your starters and using these games as an opportunity to see what your other players can do. I hope all the best for Ursua I always liked the way he played he was sneaky swift and kinda reminded me of doug baldwin.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ursua is gone for the season with a torn ACL. I fully support not playing your starters and using these games as an opportunity to see what your other players can do. I hope all the best for Ursua I always liked the way he played he was sneaky swift and kinda reminded me of doug baldwin.
Sounds BBK also has some sort of a torn knee ligament that is described as season-ending. It's a bummer, but also expected to happen here and there. I guess you hope the players recover fully and swiftly, not much else to do.

I wonder if the BBK injury paves the way to take a serious look at bringing KJ back. They are not the same player at all, but you still now have a roster spot to fill.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds BBK also has some sort of a torn knee ligament that is described as season-ending. It's a bummer, but also expected to happen here and there. I guess you hope the players recover fully and swiftly, not much else to do.

I wonder if the BBK injury paves the way to take a serious look at bringing KJ back. They are not the same player at all, but you still now have a roster spot to fill.

KJ wants a starting job... Jordyn Brooks is slated to be our weakside LB...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ wants a starting job... Jordyn Brooks is slated to be our weakside LB...
Well, KJ doesn't have a job at all right now. He's also played all 3 LB positions on this team, so I suspect they would be able to figure out how to make it fit with Brooks. It would be a good problem to have.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr McGough was cut today... Not surprising... He must have been related to Stan Gelbaugh... :D