• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Broncos get someone?
They have Siemian of course, but I don't think many see him as a guy who can be as good as he needs to be for the Broncos to have a good shot at winning the division, let alone the playoffs. Paxton Lynch is there, but he looked pretty bad to me (not unusual for a rookie) but for a team that wants to win right now- that doesn't seem to be a good option really either; and there's the issue if he turns out to be anything at all which we don't know either way.

TLDR: Siemian and Lynch are not roadblocks for signing Romo. Houston, however, would be.

Danny Noonan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Siemian of course, but I don't think many see him as a guy who can be as good as he needs to be for the Broncos to have a good shot at winning the division, let alone the playoffs. Paxton Lynch is there, but he looked pretty bad to me (not unusual for a rookie) but for a team that wants to win right now- that doesn't seem to be a good option really either; and there's the issue if he turns out to be anything at all which we don't know either way.

TLDR: Siemian and Lynch are not roadblocks for signing Romo. Houston, however, would be.

True... I do see them leading this team very far

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Cowboys have an immediate need for cap space they have nothing to gain from releasing Romo. For now they get to mess with every QB needy team that holds cap space back in the hope of signing Romo.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a non Dallas fan, I completely disagree with the bolded parts. If TR had a healthy injury history, teams would be fighting for the chance to trade for him. He would be worth roughly $20M annually.

You can't name 10 QBs in this league that put up more yards, TDs, in a fully healthy season for Romo - because they don't exist.

His career numbers are absolutely ridiculous. He's top 10, arguably top 5......but if you don't know his numbers you'd never guess that due to what haters opinions of him are.

Hell he has the highest 4th quarter rating of any QB in history, ALL TIME. He has more comeback wins than virtually any other QBs. And until they found Prescott, that team couldn't win without him.

I've never understood outside of just Cowboys hate the irrational, illogical arguments people make about Tony Romo.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't name 10 QBs in this league that put up more yards, TDs, in a fully healthy season for Romo - because they don't exist.

His career numbers are absolutely ridiculous. He's top 10, arguably top 5......but if you don't know his numbers you'd never guess that due to what haters opinions of him are.

Hell he has the highest 4th quarter rating of any QB in history, ALL TIME. He has more comeback wins than virtually any other QBs. And until they found Prescott, that team couldn't win without him.

I've never understood outside of just Cowboys hate the irrational, illogical arguments people make about Tony Romo.

Outside of hate for the Dallas Cowboys, there are two distinct reasons that people don't see Romo as a top quarterback: Injuries and lack of success in the playoffs. That's it.

No doubt when healthy, his numbers are pretty spectacular. His statistics will go down as great but without that ring and the ability to play 16 games every year, he'll always have a stigma of not being one of the greats.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of hate for the Dallas Cowboys, there are two distinct reasons that people don't see Romo as a top quarterback: Injuries and lack of success in the playoffs. That's it.

No doubt when healthy, his numbers are pretty spectacular. His statistics will go down as great but without that ring and the ability to play 16 games every year, he'll always have a stigma of not being one of the greats.

That was my original point.....IF he had a ring this would be a no brainer. Hell he's 4th ALL TIME in QB rating.....that's better than Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kurt Warner......

His numbers are undeniable. The only people that make the feeble attempt are simply Cowboys haters. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he played for literally ANY other franchise.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to overthecap, Dallas currently has only about $5M in cap space available. Cutting Romo as a post-June 1 move would bring them to nearly $20M in cap space. So yeah, there definitely is a good reason for Dallas to make the move now instead of hold onto him with some slim hope that there would be a trade partner...and a trade would only free up $5M in cap money.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to overthecap, Dallas currently has only about $5M in cap space available. Cutting Romo as a post-June 1 move would bring them to nearly $20M in cap space. So yeah, there definitely is a good reason for Dallas to make the move now instead of hold onto him with some slim hope that there would be a trade partner...and a trade would only free up $5M in cap money.
Dallas was never going to be big players in this year's FA. Just wasn't going to happen.

Post June 1st gives then the cash to extend Martin.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's left to spend that cap space on at this point?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drivel from someone just looking for thread clicks

nothing to see here move along move along

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my original point.....IF he had a ring this would be a no brainer. Hell he's 4th ALL TIME in QB rating.....that's better than Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Kurt Warner......

His numbers are undeniable. The only people that make the feeble attempt are simply Cowboys haters. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he played for literally ANY other franchise.
He does put up big numbers and there is no denying that. His rep is that he doesn't show up in big games and there is no denying that either.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade the Cowboys a third rounder for Romo and a first if they pay half of Romos remaining salary.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so would a release still counts 19 mil towards the cap:suds:if they wait till after june 1 it will save 14 mil

Dallas Cowboys Salary Cap | Over the Cap