• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to the Warriors

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have really beat that shtick to death. You must have had a really bad break up in your life at some point.
Once your jilted girlfriend butthurt about Durant stops (2 years and counting!) the joke stops being funny. So your call.

But yeah I had a doozy breakup, hasn't everyone?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was the post season rounds 1 -3 in the EC a turn off to you as well since we all pretty much knew LBJ was going to the Finals?

Yes. It's boring, of course I want to see my team win but when there is pretty much zero parity it gets stale pretty quick. You didn't even have to watch a game until the finals (or even then) you knew what the outcome was gonna be in the end. The NBA is pretty much the only league that you have this.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, why do you hate him so much?
Well in all honesty I don't hate him. I actually think he's been excellent in all things off the court.

Having said that, I just don't like his on court antics. I don't like the fact that despite him been given every single advantage on the court by the refs he still cries after every freakin call.

And I know other players complain, but they're not able to commit offensive fouls play after play without fouling out of games.

I also don't like that he purposely fouls under the rim on every single play. During that 2016 Finals there are literally pics of him holding Curry by the collar under the rim. I think that with his caliber of talent he shouldn't have to rely on cheating to get ahead. I can't respect that from the supposed best player in the world.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It's boring, of course I want to see my team win but when there is pretty much zero parity it gets stale pretty quick. You didn't even have to watch a game until the finals (or even then) you knew what the outcome was gonna be in the end. The NBA is pretty much the only league that you have this.
Well I applaud you for standing on that island alone my friend. Because based on tv ratings the 2018 post season had the best viewer ratings in history.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA seems to be playing for next season, everyone got 1 year deals. So unless an amazing trade opportunity comes along they'll be back in a great position next year with an unbelievable FA class.

If anything, the Cousins signing actually probably validates that plan.
And gives GSW a GREAT chance at a 3-peat. So win/win for all???

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I applaud you for standing on that island alone my friend. Because based on tv ratings the 2018 post season had the best viewer ratings in history.

Younger audience loves it. It's "sad" for the older fans.

I'm not saying the same teams winning is bad, it's the fact that it isn't even really competitive at all at the same time, minus a few instances.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they literally gave away all their cap space before they even had a chance to make an offer.

Plus, teams needed to realize, this was Boogie they were dealing with. He wasn't going to sit back and wait patiently. This is definitely his way of saying FU to the teams that went other directions.
I think more specifically NO.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think things will ever go "bad" for GS but 1 issue that could cause problems is if Cousins and Draymond ever have issues?

I must admit, I have no idea if they are currently friends or not but with both players being emotional on/off the court...1 of my 1st thoughts when I heard Cousins signed with GS was those 2 "COULD" clash?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEh

I am not sure this is the all-game changing move of the century that changes the dynamic for years.
It will impact things for exactly one season.

It is a low risk move for the Warriors in the hopes they can get a change of pace guy.
Thanks to strange rules, GS will be the only team out of 30 that will not be able to sign him next year if he plays well.
And if he plays poorly, the Ws wont sign him anyways.

GS was winning the title 98% without Cousins. They are winning it 99.99% now.

I think the bigger impact is PREVENTING Cousins from joining another team to give Golden State headaches.
In that regards it might be a big deal...but not a major earth shattering development.
I think this is great insurance for GSW if Klay decides for some unknown reason to sign elsewhere next summer.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on Deng.

depends on how much they like their young guys and if they hold onto them or trade them

It will be interesting to see if there if anyway they can add 2 major players around lebron in the next calendar year. I think next year you can expect to get 1 more guy, but the real test will be if they can add a third guy, or if they would rather commit that money to the young guys or other role players.
I wonder how Lance & Clarkson are feeling at the moment....:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly — maybe the Lakers front office is conceding 2019 and trying for the best possible draft pick for 2020?!?

It is almost like they decided — let’s go sign whoever will accept a 1 year deal and clear the books in 2020. No other explanation to signing Rondo for 9 million when you have Ball. (They can’t play on the floor together or teams will just triple team LeBron and let those two clowns shoot all day)
And then to top the Rondo signing for stupidity — they sign Stephenson who teams will let fire jumpers all day, as he shot 28% from 3 last year.

Makes no sense, unless SA said — sign those guys and include them in a deal for Kawhi.
thats what i thought

KCP literally spent time in jail last season and is a knucklhead.

Stephensen is a well known psychopath

Rondo is a nut job.

None of them are proven shooters in the slightest.

Its so strange to me--- and they have ball handlers like Rondo and Ball- the best thing LeBron does is set up teammates!

I think they have to trade for Kawhi because if they dont i dont think they are winning ap layoff series.

maybe ill be proven wrong and these moves were great but i just dont see it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already answered this.

Klay is a better shooter. But that isn’t only part of the position.
So you only watch the half of basketball that is offensive? He's an excellent defender at his position. There are only a handful of guys that are better.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some team woulda still given him a nice chunk of change multi year. It's a bad injury but it's recoverable

Its smart by Cousins and the Warriors literally have nothing to lose from it. It's bad for the league though because when Cousins finally does comeback and performs well, it's a layup to the title even more so than last year for the Warriors.

If he happens to not comeback and do well, even then Golden State still likely wins the title and it's no sweat off their back cause it's only a one year MLE deal.

The NBA has zero competition, it's the most unwatchable pro sports league because before the season even starts you know only 2 maybe 3 teams have a legit shot at anything, but even still in the end you know it's a big uphill battle for anyone to beat Golden State.
I think the problem is - which was missed by many - is that he wanted NO to resign him. When that didn't happen it was an easy choice to reach out to GSW.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler, George and Harden. In the West forsure. Really it’s all I even thought about.

Chris Paul starts at PG. Harden is a SG. If you want to argue then it changes the original post on Curry being the best PG(still not sure he is)

Because LeBron and Harden now count as PGs.
lol @ Harden being a better SG than Klay. You do realize that Harden's defense is all of standing around & watching. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin married the rich older woman with a droopy eye because he was afraid he would never get a title. Now he screws the smoking hot yoga instructor- and has a great time with a ton of money--- but he wont ever have that true love and respect of a soulmate. lol.
In any event, it's all better than that blow up doll in Cleveland.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I absolutely love Cousins trying to get some pity by claiming that no other team offered him a deal.

Sorry, Boogie, but no one is buying that nonsense except the blindest of Warrior homers.

Next year is going to be a rehab year and no team was going to throw max money at you. So it makes sense for you to take a cap friendly deal with the Warriors. Especially when you consider that they are probably the ONLY team top flight team that would have been willing to burn their MLE on a roll of the dice. But there were plenty of other teams that likely would have given you more than that and you know it.
What reason would he need pity? He put that article out AFTER he agreed to sign with the Warriors.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on this.

Everybody is going 'Damn they got Boogie, the 25/12 player'

But he isn't going to be scoring 25 ppg and 12 rpg on the Warriors with 4 All-Stars around him. Even if he wasn't coming off a significant injury.

12 and 8 might be more realistic. And as far as i'm concerned plenty of bigs can do that.
Yes, but the point missed here is what that means for the shooters on the wings - which also happen to be the best shooters in the world. And, of course KD.